**Maryland vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 1/3/22 -8:00pm - BTN**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Maryland is 114 in the NET rankings. So Iowa picks up their first quadrant 3 win of the season.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Patrick is fine when they’re doing that 3/4 court press and the game is up and down. He’s brutal in the half court on offense and defense.

After his last miss tonight Fran turned around and put his hand on his head before pulling him for the rest of the game.
Imagine Fran's surprise to learn that Patrick is terrible on defense.

"It's crazy. When they were growing up, Connor would stomp into the house and say he couldn't score on Patrick. Now, this...it makes no sense."

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Imagine Fran's surprise to learn that Patrick is terrible on defense.

"It's crazy. When they were growing up, Connor would stomp into the house and say he couldn't score on Patrick. Now, this...it makes no sense."
:roll:

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
The masochist in me really enjoys watching bohannon being abused. It's fun for me to watch him just bounce off of guys taking him to the rack.

Basketball is 10X worse than watching the football team. The football team isn't soft at least.

As has been said. You put the black guys in and limit bohannon and the McCaffreys minutes and the team would improve a ton.

Basketball is gay.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Amazing. I didn't watch any of the game, but looked at the score this morning along with the quick recap on ESPN.com. I thought, "cool!" Hawks won, Keegan had another terrific game. Then I saw some social media posts and comments here and if I hadn't looked up the score first, I would have thought that they lost last night.

Reaction score
Amazing. I didn't watch any of the game, but looked at the score this morning along with the quick recap on ESPN.com. I thought, "cool!" Hawks won, Keegan had another terrific game. Then I saw some social media posts and comments here and if I hadn't looked up the score first, I would have thought that they lost last night.
The Hawks may have won, but we know who the real losers are.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Iowa Basketball is basically Big XII Football at this point. Some outstanding and exciting offense with horrendous coaching, some shitty talent on the field that shouldn't be playing and zero defense. You basically hope that your team has the ball last and the other team fucks up and doesn't score more than you.
Welcome aboard pal

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The win was great no doubt but the game was maddening to watch. Maryland is a bad team (Quad 3) that looked disinterested in playing. They simply showed up with no game plan. Then Fran went haywire with the rotations. You saw guys who were playing well sitting on the bench, other guys who played bad never getting benched, and other guys never getting a chance to play. That's not even hitting on the offensive strategy where Keegan didn't get any plays called for him for a couple minutes late in the game. It took an amazing game by Keegan to pull it out.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Without him they almost won @Purdue.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I feel better now.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Iowa Basketball is basically Big XII Football at this point. Some outstanding and exciting offense with horrendous coaching, some shitty talent on the field that shouldn't be playing and zero defense. You basically hope that your team has the ball last and the other team fucks up and doesn't score more than you.
Some of us were RATT

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Connor played the last 13:30 and finished with 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 turnover and 1 point,
Joe t sat the last 8 minutes
Yeah, can anyone explain why Joe T was sitting late in the game? I thought he played pretty well last night.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Fran said he thought the unit that finished the game was playing very "connected".

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Joe T makes me nervous every time he has the ball.
Understood. But, he did have a good first half, and he is about the only one who can beat his defender off the dribble most of the time.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Which was one of the good coaching moves by Fran. I'm really rooting for Patrick, and think he has good potential, but he is completely lost out there right now.
He seems like he doesn't really know what he's doing on offense or defense right now, which is so weird for a coach's kid.

On top of that, I've wondered if he'll ever recover from his health issues enough to get strong enough. Aaron White was really effective without being jacked but Patrick is just weak right now.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
He seems like he doesn't really know what he's doing on offense or defense right now, which is so weird for a coach's kid.

On top of that, I've wondered if he'll ever recover from his health issues enough to get strong enough. Aaron White was really effective without being jacked but Patrick is just weak right now.
Yeah, but as gangly as awkward as White looked, he was generally in control, and had some good touch. When Patrick decides to drive it looks like he is just throwing the ball in the vicinity of the basket hoping it will go in.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Yeah, but as gangly as awkward as White looked, he was generally in control, and had some good touch. When Patrick decides to drive it looks like he is just throwing the ball in the vicinity of the basket hoping it will go in.
Yeah, I would have never called White weak.

It shows up in rebounding too. Pat has been terrible for his size.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I’m probably wrong, but white played four years at Iowa and never once shot a “runner”. His instinct from freshman year on was to dunk it every time he was around the rim.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I think Patrick forgot that he put on some muscle/weight the way he avoids contact of any kind.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Patrick wears padded tights because he doesn’t like how his legs look in shorts.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Patrick's problems aren't physical, they are 1000% mental. He's a fucking idiot.
That's the odd thing about Pat being a coach's kid. You think he would at least have some basketball smarts but the kid plays so dumb out there. Connor sucks but at least generally understands what's going on.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I'd like to have someone edit together every time JoeT crosses half court and bobbles the dribble and has to pick it up quick. It's an unnecessarily high percentage.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I'd like to have someone edit together every time JoeT crosses half court and bobbles the dribble and has to pick it up quick. It's an unnecessarily high percentage.
has anyone ever driven through the post and out the other side more than him?

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'd also like to add that Brian butch sounds exactly like dakich and it's fucking annoying. Who out there wanted a fucking Dan dakich clone?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I've always liked Doyle. He fuckin hates Kendall Gill too, so added bonus