**Maryland vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 1/3/22 -8:00pm - BTN**

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Clearly Connor was involved in the biggest play of the game.

Fran said that the biggest part of the game was when Eric Ayala cut the lead to two with a three, Connor McCaffery grabbed the ball immediately out of the rim, and Iowa fouled J-Bo. bohannon hits the free throws to expand it to four. McCaffery made a heads-up play to get the ball quickly out of the rim instead of settling and letting Maryland set up the press.
and Connor defensive leader ala Woody.

Fran said a big reason that Iowa went zone last night is that Maryland is really good with ball screens. He felt that the zone was really connected. Mentioned Connor’s importance of telling people where to go on defense, similar to what Adam Woodbury would do.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
It’s official. Fran is a faggot. Connor was completely lost in the zone as usual.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
you're gonna make wonder grape's head explode with all the f words flying around

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Joe T makes me nervous every time he has the ball.
Yes. He made some important baskets at crucial points in the game, and he had a couple of great steals, but I still hold my breath every time he brings the ball down court. It seems like he's totally out-of-control much of the time, and I've never seen a player who skids to a stop more than him.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Yes. He made some important baskets at crucial points in the game, and he had a couple of great steals, but I still hold my breath every time he brings the ball down court. It seems like he's totally out-of-control much of the time, and I've never seen a player who skids to a stop more than him.
this is why he sat the last two segments despite having a good game for him.

i imagine that Fran’s stress level decreases greatly with Ulis and/or Jorbo out there.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
It shouldn't be controversial that Connor is going to be in there when they're protecting a lead. It's been that way for several years with, frankly, excellent results.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
because he was carrying the other 4 guys?
"And now, back on the basketball court after the hip surgeries for his fifth-year senior season, McCaffery is dealing with another issue: back pain."

“Maybe some lagging effects from (the hip surgeries) have taken a toll on my back,” McCaffery said Tuesday. “I’m all right. It’s not ideal.”

The baseball door is open from Heller if McCaffery’s back improves, but time will tell what's realistic. “If I continue to deal with some of this stuff … the back is pretty important in baseball,” McCaffery said. “The plan is still to play.”

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
They won despite him!!!!

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Joe T has that step back FT jumper that is so smooth that you think maybe this dude has a chance at the next level. He has next level speed. Then there are the 3-4 boneheaded plays a game...

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
At some point we just repeat ourselves, but imagine defending Connor's minutes by pointing out he gets the defense aligned, in a game where the team fell to the 140s in adjD.
So Fran has defenseagnosia, great.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
At some point we just repeat ourselves, but imagine defending Connor's minutes by pointing out he gets the defense aligned, in a game where the team fell to the 140s in adjD.
Now imagine playing that player through "injury" because he is the QB of your defense.... "we need him on the court, he is crucial to our success down the stretch whether he is hurt or not."

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Joe T has that step back FT jumper that is so smooth that you think maybe this dude has a chance at the next level. He has next level speed. Then there are the 3-4 boneheaded plays a game...
iowa basketball fan