**Michigan at Iowa Basketball 1-12-23, 6:00PM ESPN2**

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It'll never happen which is a shame, but our second unit with Pat would be a great fit.

Having another scorer there with Kris who plays well off the ball and in transition makes a lot of sense.

Ulis, Bowen, Connor in that 2nd unit is overkill of limited scorers with similar skillsets and puts all the pressure on Kris to score

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It would also reduce the stress on Pat, and just allow him to have fun

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I think he comes back off the bench because of that very reason.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
The announcers were seriously pissed at the fans in the floor seats standing and blocking their view. Must have mentioned it four times, and unsuccessfully tried to highlight it on a replay a couple times.
Gasser!!

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I hope. It makes miles of sense for the team and for him
It would be much easier to bring him off the bench after this situation rather than moving him from the starting unit to the bench because of poor play.

Reactions: BBK

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It would be much easier to bring him off the bench after this situation rather than moving him from the starting unit to the bench because of poor play.
It's the best thing, but the concern is his feelings about it

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
For the first 38 minutes of the game every time we needed a basket, Kris delivered.

After that, Sandfart was the man.

Rebraca held his own versus Dickinson. That dude is all heart and effort. A classic Tom Davis era cracker big. God bless him.

Fran didn't call a single timeout down the stretch in regulation. Just let em play. Balls like cymbals

HzzzHawk

The Bull
Reaction score
Speaking of pouty turds, mouse can’t join in chat or game threads anymore because of this NIL spazz out about the death of college sports and he only cares about movies from now on etc etc?

I logged on this morning expecting to see some mouse bader hockeye hoop hot takes. Lame no show by the mouse

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Speaking of pouty turds, mouse can’t join in chat or game threads anymore because of this NIL spazz out about the death of college sports and he only cares about movies from now on etc etc?

I logged on this morning expecting to see some mouse bader hockeye hoop hot takes. Lame no show by the mouse
I think it’s because this is a lost season. Just like Tom Brady’s career.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The announcers were seriously pissed at the fans in the floor seats standing and blocking their view. Must have mentioned it four times, and unsuccessfully tried to highlight it on a replay a couple times.
I think Crispin has bitched about it in the past before. He's just a whiny bitch

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If Iowa is within 7 and less than 2:30 left in the game I feel like Fran has the other team right where he wants them. Iowa is still going to score and the other team is going to slow the pace and take forced, end of shot clock shots that can lead to runouts. It goes from 7 to 2 or 3 in about 45 seconds. Plus at that point Iowa hasn’t even put the other team in the 1 and 1 most of the time.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Sandfort should autocorrect to Sandfart.

I almost can't believe people here still refer to him as Sandfort
I called him Sandfart in a text exchange with a friend so many times that my buddy even refers to him as Sandfart now. It'll be on the back of his jersey before you know it.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
If Iowa is within 7 and less than 2:30 left in the game I feel like Fran has the other team right where he wants them. Iowa is still going to score and the other team is going to slow the pace and take forced, end of shot clock shots that can lead to runouts. It goes from 7 to 2 or 3 in about 45 seconds. Plus at that point Iowa hasn’t even put the other team in the 1 and 1 most of the time.
This, plus I couldn’t believe how much better shape Iowa was in compared to Michigan. They were absolutely gassed. Howard had that stretch where he was resting on the bench and was still dead when he came back in the game. OT they were worthless.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Couldn't believe that Fran didn't go with Perkins and Ulis to play defense at the end of regulation. Shows how much he trusts those guys right now. Perkins isn't even shooting the ball, he just throwing it up there and hoping. Even from 5 feet.
Which is weird bc at the start of the year he looked like he was really going to have a great year. He was hitting shots and getting after it. His body language is awful.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Michigan was due to start missing 3 balls and Iowa extended the game long enough for that to happen, due to the steadiness of Dix and the shooting of the elder Sandfart at the end of regulation.

Kris and Rebraca were good, as they have been. Mulvey as good as you can hope for from someone like him.

Tony WTF. He was clearly the #2 guy at the end of last year and looks nothing like that now. I had no hopes for Ulis, he's a career bench player but Tony is disappointing. Bowen I thought would be a little more of a contributor than he has been so far but a lot of season left for him to get comfortable.
I think Bowen will be fine. Just needs abt 15 more lbs and more experience.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
That is NOT how I feel. I'm baffled any Iowa fan has the ability to feel this way.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I honestly thought Crispin was dakich the whole game. Same schtick.

Kenpom I think rates games for entertainment value, this has to be up there for this cbb season right? I love cbb and esp when you get 2 teams like that, no muggy bs.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

I'm happy as hell for the boyz, Loog. It's all about work at the moment my man.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
No shit.

I am nervous as hell when Iowa is leading by 7 with 2:30 to go.
Because they give up more uncontested 3s than any team in the country, especially out of the zone where they insist on ignoring the wings and corners.

Great win though and one hell of a turnaround from when Halo Randolph left them for dead. This will be a streaky team, enjoy the good ones.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Because they give up more uncontested 3s than any team in the country, especially out of the zone were they insist on ignoring the wings and corners.

Great win though and one hell of a turnaround from when Halo Randolph left them for dead. This will be a streaky team, enjoy the good ones.
Oh, I'll be here to laugh at you fucks when you turn on them as soon as the buzzer sounds after a shitty loss.

douglasbader

Reaction score
For example, the shit talking and using Sandfart as a prop (GroupText @The Dad ) has suddenly gone away.

Funny how that happens.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
That is NOT how I feel. I'm baffled any Iowa fan has the ability to feel this way.
Yeah. Remember when Iowa missed 30+ consecutive game winning or tying shots? That was neat.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Both guys have value to this team. We need them to perform, and they will.

#SorryNotSorry
I get your point, and admit that I was a bit harsh. Nevertheless, it's not lost on me that this team began winning as soon as Patrick left. It has to have something to do with team chemistry. Getting Patrick back would be fine, and I feel for the kid and his emotional problems, but Fran will be walking a tightrope trying to insert Patrick without upsetting the winning chemistry this team obviously has right now.