**Michigan State at Iowa Basketball, 2-25-23 11:00AM ESPN**

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran is not above criticism, mostly due his team being functionally retarded on one end of the court, but I don't get the pearl clutching over the stare down.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
It’s hilarious how mad people are online about the stare down
Agreed. Who really gives a fuck? Fran is a hot head and that was calm compared to the moments where he really embarrasses himself. Coming off one of the greatest and most improbable comebacks in program history, I could not care less about that.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
He's been taking nearly all our biggest shots as a sophomore, and he's only going to get better.

Sandfart is going to be fun to watch the next two years
He might put up 15 threes a game next year

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
He's extra salty about Iowa and Fran this year. He was good in the RPI era, largely he doesn't know nearly as much and doesn't follow much at all.
If you read through his feed, he thinks just about every team in the country is on the bubble and hasn’t locked in a bid yet.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
If you read through his feed, he thinks just about every team in the country is on the bubble and hasn’t locked in a bid yet.
I think he’s wrapped himself in the “contrarian” flag.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He's still a decent follow, but he has started crossing the line from avoiding group think, to mindless contrarian more often than before.

As someone already mentioned, he is the bizarro Jon Rothstein now. Most guys have about 100 teams in the tournament, Jeff has about 12.

Reaction score
Was at the game and stayed the whole time. Honestly the crowd was pretty lame until the comeback.

I didn’t think the Hawks played a bad defensive game… MSU was just hitting everything, even contested 3s. They went cold at just the right time, which coincided with the Hawks getting hot. Was the craziest game I’ve ever been to.
The game flow kept killing the crowd. Every time people got up they drilled a 3 or step back. Couldn’t get any runs going until the end.

Agreed on both of the last points. 1st half we fucked up on Hauser and gave them some open 3’s. I’m sure a couple were open 2nd half too but they didn’t seem to get a lot at the rim. So many damn late mid-range jumpers. Their shooting was insane even if they were left unguarded.

Lot of people came streaming down to their seats for OT. Not going to forget that one, amazing.

Reaction score
Every single person was standing for the entire overtime. For as many people that left early it was still damn loud in there. When Tristan Spurlock and Tony Perkins were going ape shit at mid-court after the game it was incredible. Was down by the tunnel trying to leave and someone said to Robbie Hummel “Robbie, you ever seen anything like that?” He responded “you had them exactly where you wanted them!” We went downtown for lunch after and it was abuzz. What a day.
Yeah it’s not often you get the entire arena standing for 5:30 like that. Fran was fist bumping and hugging damn near everyone near the court.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
LOL. They’d still get an 8 or 9. The media is absolutely fucking obsessed with the Big 12. Before today, people were putting TEXAS TECH on their bubbles.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
LOL. They’d still get an 8 or 9. The media is absolutely fucking obsessed with the Big 12. Before today, people were putting TEXAS TECH on their bubbles.
If you're in the b12 and manage more than 3 or 4 conference wins you are an automatic NCAA tournament qualifier.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
When Connor actually squares up to the hope he’s a pretty decent 3 pt shooter. He had been getting back to his HS girls form too much. Hopefully he figures it out.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I remember the epic stare down with ted valentine but what game was that? The uni disaster?

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Yeah it’s not often you get the entire arena standing for 5:30 like that. Fran was fist bumping and hugging damn near everyone near the court.
The people next to us left and a lady and her kids came down from like 20 rows up and asked if they could sit there right before OT started. Told her of course. It was her two sons’ first time at Carver. By the end her sons and I had high fived too many times to count. What an amazing game to be at for those kids. Love it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He's still a decent follow, but he has started crossing the line from avoiding group think, to mindless contrarian more often than before.

As someone already mentioned, he is the bizarro Jon Rothstein now. Most guys have about 100 teams in the tournament, Jeff has about 12.
His biggest problem is he looks at each teams resume by itself. He’ll say a team is now out of the tournament without replacing them with someone. Arizona States win today was the first one by a team currently on the outside looking in that would make any team sweat.

thrawn

Reaction score
Barttorvik has Iowa at 71% likely to make it, TR is at 70%. The computer based brackets have Iowa like 1.5 seeds lower than humans. That goes up a lot if they beat Nebrantska since that’s really just a chance to lose.

it’s hard to model a committee that includes Jamie Pollard but the numbers are what they are.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
I wonder what the Michigan State locker room was like after the game.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
I remember Patrick describing Perkins as something like “irrationally confident” during an interview.

That seems about right, and I love it.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I remember Patrick describing Perkins as something like “irrationally confident” during an interview.

That seems about right, and I love it.
That describes about 90% of college basketball players.