**Michigan vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/17/20 - 8pm - FS1**

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This team and potentially next years team have the chance to be Fran's masterpiece. Right when nearly everyone wrote him off.
Despite all the injuries, there's just so much to like about the offense when its working.

A POTY candidate down low [Garza] who can also step out hit distance shots, surrounded by a couple of sharpshooters [Weiskamp & CJF] who can both drive & finish when they decide to, a quick jitterbug PG who can distribute and open the lane a bit, and finally a combination of either a 3G with good ball-handling skills or a serviceable big who can hit some big shots for you. Its literally 'pick your poison' when the offense is flowing and shots are falling.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Overall, I want to agree with this but it's Luka. 100%. It will be CJ for there next 3 years though.

OVERALL.

Defensively, CJ is our most important piece.
You’re right. Luka is king. I guess I should’ve said CJ brings balance, or at least another option that takes the pressure off of Luka. But yeah, Luka is king.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Big time credit to Fran for going out and recruiting Ryan Kriener, Jordan bohannon, CJ Fredrick. 3 white boys that pretty much no other P5 program wanted. Happy for Fran and happy that there are still more beers in the fridge
I'll give you the first two. Fredrick had an Indiana offer, among others. He just got a bad wrap because he was willing to walk on initially

Reaction score
I like Nunge, but I'm not sure him being out really hurts.

Going small and shortening the bench really helped.

Hopefully he steps into the Kriener role next season.
Healthy bohannon would be great offensively but the defense is much better without him. Even tonight it felt more like great shooting from them rather than bad defense overall. We give up a lot less penetration this year.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Anytime you see Pemsl on the floor, it could be Nunge. To me, that would help a fuck ton
That's not how it would have worked. Nunge was fucking starting and terrible. This is a blessing for Nunge and the team. He's a 5 man and hopefully will be utilized that way next year.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That's not how it would have worked. Nunge was fucking starting and terrible. This is a blessing for Nunge and the team. He's a 5 man and hopefully will be utilized that way next year.
If you've watched Iowa basketball you know Fran is very willing to change his lineups. The dude was shaking off rust from not playing for a year. He'll be fine and be a nice addition back into the rotation

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I hate Kriener and would like to punch him in the face. Same for Pemsl. But these random games where Kriener doesn’t play like a dipshit are pretty fucking great. Somehow he pulls all his shit together for a few games each year.
The Kriener dipshit games have been pretty few and far between this year.

CUIHAWK

Loves the clock
Reaction score
1. I think the clock operator made another error.
2. Replay is stupid and hurts the flow of the game.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Agreed. Nunge is a back-up 5.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If you've watched Iowa basketball you know Fran is very willing to change his lineups. The dude was shaking off rust from not playing for a year. He'll be fine and be a nice addition back into the rotation
I agree he will be a nice addition playing Kreiner's minutes. Our defense does not need Nunge at the 4.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I can’t be alone in thinking that felt like a second round or sweet sixteen type of game.

Garza is the one who brought the balls to this team, Connor too. Those guys aren’t pussies and won’t back down to anyone.

Imagine had CJ not been hurt and losses versus PSU and Nebrantska.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa up to #15 in Kenpom. #3 Offense and #79 Defense.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
The Kriener dipshit games have been pretty few and far between this year.
Yep, he’s shooting 77% on FTs, 70% on 2pts, and 40% on 3pt with top level offensive rebounding and shot blocking numbers and the 108th best ORtg in the country. He’s made a jump and been just plain good this year.