**Minnesota vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/9/19 - 7pm - BTN**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Congrats to Gabe Kalscheur on your 0.0 ORtg against the #122 defense.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I don't like when Toussaint flies fast as fuck through a crease to the bucket and ruins it by tossing up a weird high-arcing layup.
which is immediately rebounded and put back in by Garza, so whatever.
This is actually a great point. You see what happens when you finally have a guard or players that can get by their man and drive hard to the rim. 3-4 times this happened where Iowa missed the shot but Garza was able to grab a rebound because his guy had to leave him to help.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Garza moves from #10 to #8 in the KenPom POY ratings after this game.

FDC4170A-646D-4697-B4F3-D92E075C3380.jpeg

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I imagine hell is something like watching Ryan Kreiner and Cordell Pemsl trying to defend against a talented post played continually on a loop for all eternity.

Reaction score
Well the game was great. My daughter who is almost 15 months old has been going to physical therapy for about 5 months now because she still isn’t walking.

Anyway, 3 minutes into the second half she stood up on her little walker toy and just took off. Back and forth 6 times, she was loving life as was dad as Luka Garza just beat the shit out of that shitty Gopher team.
I wish I could like this again. Great job, Mom and Dad!

Reaction score
I don't like when Toussaint flies fast as fuck through a crease to the bucket and ruins it by tossing up a weird high-arcing layup.
He’s right handed I assume and he was going to his left at about 100mph but it did look weird as fuck that he tried to go high off glass with no one contesting it. He is awesome to watch on defense. He has to be miserable to play against

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I imagine hell is something like watching Ryan Kreiner and Cordell Pemsl trying to defend against a talented post played continually on a loop for all eternity.
Cordell has a lower athletic ceiling, but those two are the dumbest fucking basketball players ever. They don’t have to suck, they choose to.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
I’m not even sure the last one hit the rim
Fran needs to sit him down and explain to him that his job is twofold - to play great defense, and to get the ball down the court, pass it off and get the offense moving. His job is not to shoot the ball, ever. For the rest of his time as an Iowa Hawkeye he must never, ever shoot the ball - not under any circumstances. Even if he magically finds himself alone, three feet above the basket, and all he has to do is drop the ball down through the fucking net, he is NOT to shoot the ball.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Well that's incredibly stupid. He's already finished as many tough contested layups as he's missed. He makes his free throws, he'll be fine shooting the ball. And like has been said, just getting to the rim, breaking the defense down and giving opportunities for offensive rebounds is huge for this team.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fran needs to sit him down and explain to him that his job is twofold - to play great defense, and to get the ball down the court, pass it off and get the offense moving. His job is not to shoot the ball, ever. For the rest of his time as an Iowa Hawkeye he must never, ever shoot the ball - not under any circumstances. Even if he magically finds himself alone, three feet above the basket, and all he has to do is drop the ball down through the fucking net, he is NOT to shoot the ball.
If there was a dictionary picture of old, white and stupid CarverHawkeye Fan and Wal-Mart Facebook IowaFan, this is it right here.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You’re gotdamn motherfuckng retarded.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think that honestly might be the dumbest thing ever posted on Halo, and that includes thousands of posts by guys like L. Wade, Moby, Xtri and Hounded.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Toussaint will end up as an ultra rich man’s Anthony Clemmons who distributes the ball better. Which is perfect for what this program needs.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Joe's physical tools puts his ceiling a hell of a lot higher than Clemmons, imo.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Joe T is going to create great opportunities for our 3-point shooters and our post guys. They haven't had anybody like him forever

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
This is Pitino's 7th year. He's has only finished above .500 in the conference one time

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Way to take the Rolo bait, dipshits.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Joe's physical tools puts his ceiling a hell of a lot higher than Clemmons, imo.
Agree. Hence the ultra rich man’s Anthony Clemmons. I think Clemmons would be the floor. He has a chance to be so much better.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Toussaint will end up as an ultra rich man’s Anthony Clemmons who distributes the ball better. Which is perfect for what this program needs.
Correct. Key words: distributes the ball. Period.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I must be able to dish it out but not take it

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Oh you’re able to take it alright!

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Scooped you motherfuckers!

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Not a single road team has won a conference game yet. That is insane.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Home teams are 13-0. That is insane.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Is it too early to have one of those “if the big ten season ended today” brackets?

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Goes to show how nice those wins over ISU and even Syracuse were. Life is tough on the road.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
The big ten has 14 9-9teams I think it’s only fair that they all get in the NCAA tournament.