Nebrantska @ #5 Iowa • 3/4/21 • 8:00 • BTN

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
In the Big Ten, 1st in offense and 7th in defense, both by a solid margin. I think that's what most of us reasonably hoped for before the season. Offense easily the best in the league, top 2 in the country by a solid margin. Defense in the top half of the Big Ten and near the top 50 in the country. Top 5 team overall.

Would have loved to win a couple of those close games and obviously a Big Ten title would be awesome but it's otherwise basically been what everyone hoped would happen this year.
I was just looking at the record. 19-7 right now but beat Minnesota like they should have and even just one of the IU games and it’s 21-5. 21-5 sounds so much better. FUCK!

Reaction score
Hoiberg is dofficult to hate at least as a coach. Ive always admired his game demeanor. He dowsnt freak out on refs / players. Would be a good coach on the West coast IMo. In any event its funny hearing other coaches talk about Garza. The level of respect is iniversally more tham even a typical college star. He says “and then Garza gets goi.... well its basically impossible if he gets it”

Reaction score
I was just looking at the record. 19-7 right now but beat Minnesota like they should have and even just one of the IU games and it’s 21-5. 21-5 sounds so much better. FUCK!
Definitely. And in a normal year we have pretty much the same schedule but 3 more buy games plus the Big East game. Would probably be 23-7 without changing any of those around. Minnesota is the one you'd really like to flip because it was so flukey.

Reaction score
Hoiberg is dofficult to hate at least as a coach. Ive always admired his game demeanor. He dowsnt freak out on refs / players. Would be a good coach on the West coast IMo. In any event its funny hearing other coaches talk about Garza. The level of respect is iniversally more tham even a typical college star. He says “and then Garza gets goi.... well its basically impossible if he gets it”
I also liked hearing Fran say that Hoiberg called him when they went on pause and said they would be making up all of the lost games. Which they did other than the 2nd Purdue game. Could've easily packed it in and played like 16 Big Ten games. Instead they played 14 games in the last month.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Andy Katz had Iowa as a 5 seed in his final bracket last year. Had the hawks made the sweet 16 last year, the narrative would be so different on this team. Fucking covid.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Andy Katz had Iowa as a 5 seed in his final bracket last year. Had the hawks made the sweet 16 last year, the narrative would be so different on this team. Fucking covid.
Last year’s team wasn’t making the sweet 16. Wieskamp was a corpse and the team sucked down the stretch (IMO).

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I fear Touissant will transfer, but I hope he doesnt.

He could be part of a real Iowa basketball athleticism Renaissance that we haven't seen since the mid to late 80s here.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that. Fran and Kirk do that stoic thing Larry Bird coaching impression no matter what when big plays happen.

Sherm was cheering hard.
I think Fran had to seriously work hard to not crack up when Ash airballed the 30 footer

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

He could be part of a real Iowa basketball athleticism Renaissance that we haven't seen since the mid to late 80s here.
I fear that as well and think it would be a shame. I do think he was built for the Big East. Could easily star at Rhode Island, Providence... maybe even G-Town

Mustangs989

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I fear that as well and think it would be a shame. I do think he was built for the Big East. Could easily star at Rhode Island, Providence... maybe even G-Town
He wouldn't star at any of those schools, and may not even start on any of them this year. Also, if you watch how Patrick said it I don't think it was a serious consideration. If he gets clearly beaten out by Uhlis next year then I could see him transferring for his final year but I'd be surprised if he leaves.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
piss pound bucky on saturday, illinois loss @tosu, finish the regular season ranked 4th. let's do this.

I'm with @BBK on the future. if weezy stays (which I think is likely), you have two quick pgs, four athletic slashers, three shooters, and hopefully two or three guys who can handle the post. a solid transfer 5 and it's a pretty legit team.

ogundele needs to get a little leaner and get himself in the weight room -- he's big, but he's soft.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I only have one friend who is a Nebrantska fan (I tend to not associate with my mom’s clients) and he is currently in hour 12 of a blood froth over Connor SUCKING and ranting about how Fred is a real man for not even letting his son COME to Nebrantska, let alone playing him!

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I only have one friend who is a Nebrantska fan (I tend to not associate with my mom’s clients) and he is currently in hour 12 of a blood froth over Connor SUCKING and ranting about how Fred is a real man for not even letting his son COME to Nebrantska, let alone playing him!
Did you send him that clip of Connor feeding Garza?

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The angle he created and left handed bouncer pass in transition to Wieskamp was gorgeous also.
His shot is broke, but he understands spacing and angles like no other player on the roster, and he's got the hands to make the feeds happen.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Your friend sounds like a real dickhead.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

I don’t see it. He’s the starter for the next two years.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
His shot is broke, but he understands spacing and angles like no other player on the roster, and he's got the hands to make the feeds happen.
He makes just enough to keep the other team honest. He also has an uncanny ability to make a couple right about the time you're ready to declare he's never going to make one again...and usually at opportune times.