**Nebrantska at Iowa Basketball, 3-5-23, 1:00PM, BTN**

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Patrick coming in off the bench ahead of sandfart should be a fireable offense. It made me irrationally angry.
Fran wanted Patrick out there to play hard for his brother on Senior Day

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
We'll be there. I just gave the kids the whirlwind tour of everywhere I lived in Iowa City. They were not impressed.
Update: they were also not impressed with the effort at CHA.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
A lot of empty seats today...was kinds surprised.
only students. Which sucks because I know a lot of people who paid above fave value. Hopefully they can track scanned student tickets and decide if you are coming to game someone else can I have them.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Pretty sad there’s not even 200 students that want to go to Carver for game

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
A lot of empty seats today...was kinda surprised.
When I was comparing stats with Iowa and Nebrantska last night I noticed Nebrantska's home attendance is slightly higher than ours

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
When I was comparing stats with Iowa and Nebrantska last night I noticed Nebrantska's home attendance is slightly higher than ours
I think they're close to top 10 in the country every year.

Reaction score
Kris is so damn weird. His energy and aggressiveness was a fraction of what it was at IU. When he’s bad on offense, his defense goes in the tank. Refused to drive for the majority of the game even with the bearded goon on him, faded on half of his jumpers and didn’t fight to get a seal when he had a major mismatch in the post.

Tony got some steals but he was similar. Went under screens on #10 that led to 2-3 of his 3’s and I have no idea what he was doing on the one in the corner when it was tied with around 5 minutes left. Then he’s back to limping and hobbling around every timeout. I don’t know what his injury is but it’s crazy how different he can be game to game just with energy and movement.

When those two are good and aggressive on both ends we can beat anyone and obviously lose to anyone when they’re not. You never know what you’ll get game to game. I know it’s nothing new but damn.

Reaction score
Kris fading away on an uncontested 3 was fucking maddening
And he kept doing it! Not quite as maddening as when he had it at the elbow with that bearded gonna on him and a clean lane but chose to take the 17 footer.

When he hits some shots he’s more likely to drive and attack. When he’s missing he keeps floating and shooting. Bizarro world from the way it should be.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
It’s been said many times before, but Kris has roughly 9,000 more airballs than your average shooter at the collegiate level.

jquintana

Refuses to use capital letters
Reaction score
I know Kris will get drafted, but he could use another year. He can't take over the game like Keegan could. There are so many times that I yell at my tv, "fake the shot and take it to the hole", and he never does it.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I know I'm totally over the top with this, but I really am so fucking happy we don't have to ever watch Connor play at Iowa again. It's just fucking enough at this point. If you include from his high school commitment and tracking him from then, it's been like 9 solid years.

Yep, he committed on August 13th, 2014. Holy fucking shit.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I know Kris will get drafted, but he could use another year. He can't take over the game like Keegan could. There are some many times that I yell at my tv, "fake the shot and take it to the hole", and he never does it.
I think another year of college ball wouldn't do him much good and he's going to be possibly better in a more spaced out game in the NBA and a game where they actually call fouls and favor offense and shooters.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
And he kept doing it! Not quite as maddening as when he had it at the elbow with that bearded gonna on him and a clean lane but chose to take the 17 footer.

When he hits some shots he’s more likely to drive and attack. When he’s missing he keeps floating and shooting. Bizarro world from the way it should be.
Rebraca took 2 similar jumpers as well. The whole team looked tired, like they were playing their 3rd game in 3 days rather than having had 5 days off. They still scored 77 but the offensive movement was lacking. Way too many possessions had Connor doing his best Tony Freeman impersonation.

Reaction score
The game was a success. Patrick was able to stare down and show 5 fingers to Hummel. cool moment

douglasbader

Reaction score
In their last 10 halves of basketball, the opponent has shot >50% 8 times. 8 out of 10. Eight.
It's almost like they are undersized and garbage on defense with zero rim protection and relying on an old white guy at PG in college basketball is pretty fucking stupid.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I like the idea of running Connor at PG for like 10 minutes a game; giving him a post up or 2 is fine. I just hate that they are running the whole game thru him, it means Ulis disappears, and no minutes for Dix.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I like the idea of running Connor at PG for like 10 minutes a game; giving him a post up or 2 is fine. I just hate that they are running the whole game thru him, it means Ulis disappears, and no minutes for Dix.
Ulis will disappear no matter what. That guy is just empty minutes. I agree with getting Dix more minutes. I actually think he may be a better defender then Ulis with his length and obviously offers more offensively.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Yep. And the fast break goes to shit.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....tis sad we don't have a pg who can defend and create.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....tis sad we don't have a pg who can defend and create.
don't say such things

connor can defend his dad's honor, and he can create a steaming pile at midcourt

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
True, but we haven’t had that in 15 years.
And rarely over the past 45.

Leslie, Oliver, Woolridge, Armstrong, Lester -- and for while, Dev in his PG incarnation

pretty short list (with a pretty big talent spread from Ronnie to Chauncey)

am I forgetting some guy?

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't like how Connor played yesterday. The ball needed to be moving, and instead he moved to places on the court and waited and baited them into a double team in order to pass out of it.

It worked a few times, but Iowa is better when they are moving.

That being said, he had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists and just one turnover.

This shitting on Connor thing feels like retarded sharks circling the water. Just a feeding frenzy of stupid.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I don't like how Connor played yesterday. The ball needed to be moving, and instead he moved to places on the court and waited and baited them into a double team in order to pass out of it.

It worked a few times, but Iowa is better when they are moving.

That being said, he had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists and just one turnover.

This shitting on Connor thing feels like retarded sharks circling the water. Just a feeding frenzy of stupid.
Not everyone agrees with that position. I'm team Connor

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If I've said it once, I've said it 10,000 times- BBK is no retarded shark.

Reactions: BBK