**Nebrantska vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/8/20 - 5pm - BTN**

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
When this game begins, there will be a month and 9 games remaining in the regular season for Nebrantska. They are still without a road victory this year.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
@HiawathaHawk pointed this out, but the last 5 games were all against Top 25ish defenses. #25, #7, #22, #5, #28, #14

The next 3 games they play the #157 (Nebrantska), #51 (Indiana) and #58 (Minnesota) defenses.

If there was ever a time for the offense to wake the fuck up, this is it. Also, those 3 teams are all mediocre to bad offenses so the defense will hopefully look a lot better.

They need to because after that they get the #18, #20, #16, #14 and #28 defenses to end the season.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Double Luka off anyone but Joe or CJ. Recover like a SOB to passes back out to Joe or CJ to somewhat contest their shots.

Out of curiosity, how do you go against a team that does this?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Double Luka off anyone but Joe or CJ. Recover like a SOB to passes back out to Joe or CJ to somewhat contest their shots.

Out of curiosity, how do you go against a team that does this?
Re-post.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
We had been planning on this game for the last month but I see the cheapest tickets for a group of 3 are $87 a piece. Looks like I'll be rescheduling for a future date

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
A better person than I would feel a little sorry for Nebrantska on Saturday evening, with the Hawks coming off that embarrassment of a game in WL. Cause if the shots are falling for Iowa, NEB's getting rape-roomed.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Without being dramatic, this really seems like a huge fucking game now.

Not just getting a win, but seeing how far the defensive efficiency numbers fell, that Purdue game was almost a season outlook altering loss.

I was feeling okay yesterday. It was shitty, flush it and move on, but after reading the Purdue game thread and seeing the impact on the computer rankings, Iowa needs to administer a few ass kickings.

Sort of wonder if the comebacks let a bit of complacency set in when they were falling behind.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Sort of wonder if the comebacks let a bit of complacency set in when they were falling behind.
Nah, they just played like shit and Purdue played their best game of the year. It was a legit ass kicking.

Get a win and other teams will fall. I'm more concerned about getting a top 4 finish than anything else. That will probably guarantee a 5 seed at worst.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I think it’s funny that Purdue kicked Iowas ass so bad that they almost made it a quad 2 win instead of a quad 1 win.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I think the Nebrantska tricky not-playing-defense defense kept them from starting their motion or getting into a rhythm, but after a while the hawks just made it look like not playing defense.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Silver lining of getting their ass kicked against Purdue is the starters got less minutes. Same as tonight. They finally have a little break before the next game so should be much fresher.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Really sincerely hope the Hawks can nab a Top4 spot going into the BTT - for rest purposes if want to make the final - but if needed to play on Thursday as either the 5 or 6-seed, Nebrantska might be the first opponent.

Talk about a dream matchup if don't have the luxury of the double-bye. Run 'em out of the gym early and get lots of rest for the starters for Friday and rest of the weekend.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Really sincerely hope the Hawks can nab a Top4 spot going into the BTT - for rest purposes if want to make the final - but if needed to play on Thursday as either the 5 or 6-seed, Nebrantska might be the first opponent.

Talk about a dream matchup if don't have the luxury of the double-bye. Run 'em out of the gym early and get lots of rest for the starters for Friday and rest of the weekend.
That would require Nebrantska to beat someone like Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan or Indiana on Wednesday.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'll admit I spent more time being pissed that Iowa lost their first game to those fucking losers than enjoyed the rapefest that happened tonight.

That team is filled with a bunch of fucking dorky losers. It looks like an NAIA school who have a couple D1 players. God they are fucking pathetic.

Good for Fran and crew for taking care of business tonight and doing what they needed to do after the Purdue game. Very telling that despite an 8 minute scoring drought they maintained a solid lead going into half and then did all sorts of unlawful things in the 2nd half. Go Hawks!

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Didn’t get to see the game but Austin Ash outscored CJ? Lol

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Bob Knight made an appearance at Assembly Hall tonight, for the first time in a long time. It was good to see the SOB, but he really looked old relative to the last time I'd seen him. And, of course, he is getting old. Glad to see that his former players persuaded him to make the trip and accept the adulation of the fans one more time.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Our PG play was very shaky in the first half today. Neither of our pg's are good enough to play anywhere close to 40 minutes, but I'd rather let Joe T. play through his mistakes than watch Evelyn compound his. I'm glad Fran will have better options next season, one of which will be an improved Joe T.

There were a couple of time that I thought CJ might be struggling with his feet today. Hope it's not a setback.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Our PG play was very shaky in the first half today. Neither of our pg's are good enough to play anywhere close to 40 minutes, but I'd rather let Joe T. play through his mistakes than watch Evelyn compound his. I'm glad Fran will have better options next season, one of which will be an improved Joe T.

There were a couple of time that I thought CJ might be struggling with his feet today. Hope it's not a setback.
He was bouncing around during warmups, both halves. He’s fine.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Didn’t get to see the game but Austin Ash outscored CJ? Lol
CJ missed some open shots, then didn’t play the final 10 mins.

Feet/legs. Hopefully some rest gets him right.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score

Our guard situation is going to improve tremendously the moment Ulis and Perkins walk through the door

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Austin Ash shoots like a girl.
He made 2 threes and scored 8 points in mop up duty vs Nebrantska.

Looked like perfect form and mechanics to me.

Compare that to Pemsl, who had numerous no-risk shot opportunities after the game was put away and passed them all up - aka, passing on an open 3 attempt to drive it and lost it out of bounds.

Last edited:

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
That was the longest Iowa scoreless drought that I can remember. If it had only lasted three minutes instead of eight, they might have scored 110 points. Good thing they were playing Nebrantska. A drought like that against an upper level team will kill them.

Wieskamp is the best pure athlete on the team.

Ash has a weird looking shot. In some ways, Toussaint does too.

Also, fwiw, I was watching Duke-North Carolina yesterday. Both had on blue uniforms. just different shades of blue. It was a little confusing. How the fuck did they let that happen? There were a couple of times during the fast-moving parts of the game when players got confused and almost passed the ball to opposing players before realizing their mistake.