New DC

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
kozan mentioned morgan is going to retire and Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz will be taking his spot?

Per TOS

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
kozan mentioned morgan is going to retire and Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz will be taking his spot?

Per TOS
If we get Hermann and BF as OL coach, I will be estatic and the wait will have been completely worth it. If we get PP and a GA promotion to fill his vacated DB spot, I will be angry, despite my earlier protestations to the contrary.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
This thread is a very enjoyable read tonight. One page down, several more to go.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Here is what has happened since the end of the season:

1. Marcus Grant, talented first commit from the 2010 class who played as a true freshman transfers citing "family reasons" which later turn out to be sort of bullshit
2. McCall transfers after rape allegations
3. Coker suspended with no explanation, expected to come back and then transfers due to some sort of rape allegation and University demanded apology
4. Kaz leaves for Nebrantska and causes Iowa to miss on Sheffield and then actively pursues another recruit that was ready to commit and convinces him to visit Nebrantska. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Drew Ott get a last second offer and de-commit if Nebrantska finds a scholarship.
5. AJ Derby, a 4* legacy Iowa City born kid transfers
6. Jaleel Johnson, 4* DT and early commit who has been the most vocal in his support of Iowa suddenly starts to back track and is now visiting Michigan State 3 days before Signing Day
7. Golden commits to Iowa and then switches back to Penn State
8. Ferentz drags his feet on hiring D-Coordinator. Right or wrong, the perception is that good news for the program is desperately needed before signing day and this would go a long way to helping that.

The only good things that have happened are Iowa got Greg Garmon and a couple of JUCO players.
I love this post, not because Doug was wrong, but all these dudes we were wringing our hands about that left or got kicked out did Jack shit with their football careers (as far as I know) and the one guy they managed to keep turned out to be a great Hawkeye and 4th round draft pick/NFL roster guy for 5 years.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Perhaps more rewarding than finding a bit of gold yourself is leading another to the mother lode. Happy for you, Doug. You deserve it.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Perhaps more rewarding than finding a bit of gold yourself is leading another to the mother lode. Happy for you, Doug. You deserve it.
In all seriousness and with some RATT, Phil wasn't good when given the interim job. He was closer to a flat out disaster and is one of the reasons it took so long for Kirk to finally decide to give him the job full time. He wasn't much better his first full year either, but obviously settled into the role and is now the best DC in the country by a long shot.

We were all wrong in the end, and happy to be wrong, but Phil had struggles to start.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Word is that he was an unmitigated disaster as "acting" coach last year and the other defensive coaches had to take over for him. A buddy of mine who hangs/drinks occassionally with some program-connected individuals (but not coaches) passed that along to me. I wouldn't necessarily take it worth any other piece of dogshit gossip, but he also told me about a month ago that the Derby parents were trashing Ferentz' integrity and honesty to anyone in Iowa City that would listen and that AJ wouldn't be staying long. He had also told me to not get too confident with regards to Coker's career at Iowa. He knew that Robinson's "academic indigestion" had to do with phones and camaras and tests.

Gossip or rumors or not, he's had a pretty good track record this year. That's what makes me the most worried about a Phil Parker-to-DC move.
Fuck!

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
If only the OC didn’t have to be such a historic failure

HzzzHawk

The Bull
Reaction score
In all seriousness and with some RATT, Phil wasn't good when given the interim job. He was closer to a flat out disaster and is one of the reasons it took so long for Kirk to finally decide to give him the job full time. He wasn't much better his first full year either, but obviously settled into the role and is now the best DC in the country by a long shot.

We were all wrong in the end, and happy to be wrong, but Phil had struggles to start.
so basically, to paraphrase, start by shifting the pronoun from “I” to “we” to emphasize that others voiced the same opinions. Then end with a wrong in the end but right at the time. Aka WITE but RATT.

I love it. Long Live the mouse!

HzzzHawk

The Bull
Reaction score
so basically, to paraphrase, start by shifting the pronoun from “I” to “we” to emphasize that others voiced the same opinions. Then end with a wrong in the end but right at the time. Aka WITE but RATT.

or maybe even “WITEBRATT”

or is that reverse racism?

HzzzHawk

The Bull
Reaction score
yah that one’s gonna be hard to spin into a RATT. Yikes

love me that halo gold

Orestes, you might need to go dig up some @ISUFan98 old halo homo bashing to create a distraction and force him to grovel to his new halo comrades

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

Sidney Powell Lite.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
yah that one’s gonna be hard to spin into a RATT. Yikes

love me that halo gold

Orestes, you might need to go dig up some @ISUFan98 old halo homo bashing to create a distraction and force him to grovel to his new halo comrades
It's Saturday. Shouldn't you be working on your Clops identity?