**North Carolina Central vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/25/20 - 3:00pm - BTN**

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nunge is good. And teammates have been quoted that he was practicing as good as anyone before his knee injury. He's going to be a huge addition to the rotation

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Ended up dominating a decent team and having no real motivation in the game.
No, no, no. That team sucks. Good win out of the gate...but NOT a decent team.

Glen

Administrator
Reaction score
Defense and offensive rebounding appear to be areas of concern, if one were to be nit-picky.

Reaction score
Based on what I saw today I’m not sure Keegan shouldn’t play over Nunge
I'm at excited about how Keegan liked today as anyone but that's getting way ahead of things. Let's see how he can play in the post against size and skill. He was bigger than pretty much anyone they had and was given plenty of space to operate.

A lot of people are going to be eating crow on Nunge. Might take him a bit to get back into the mindset and focus but man I hope that kid can get there and have a big season.

Reactions: BBK

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I'm at excited about how Keegan liked today as anyone but that's getting way ahead of things. Let's see how he can play in the post against size and skill. He was bigger than pretty much anyone they had and was given plenty of space to operate.

A lot of people are going to be eating crow on Nunge. Might take him a bit to get back into the mindset and focus but man I hope that kid can get there and have a big season.
That’s fair. My initial reaction was Nunge would be primarily at the 4 but if he’s the backup center and a PF than I am wrong.

I did like how active he was at whatever position he’s going to play. If both are good I wonder if that squeezes connors minutes

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That's not bad. Her problem isn't that she isn't funny, her problem is thinking she's funny enough to capitalize on it

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I can’t say I’ve ever listened to Gary Dolphin on porpoise
I use the radio only when necessary, when it comes to Hawkeye sports [IE, like being on the road during the second half today].

When it comes to the games, I use Dolph's inane chatter to pick up score updates - plus yardage & down calls, with fball - but am really listening more to Bobby Hansen & Ed Podolak, on their respective sports.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Patrick on the top of that zone, look the fuck out.

I was convinced he was going to be a role player giving 5-10 minutes/game. Clearly I was wrong. He’s going to be Uthoff.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Patrick on the top of that zone, look the fuck out.

I was convinced he was going to be a role player giving 5-10 minutes/game. Clearly I was wrong. He’s going to be Uthoff.
10-15 more lean pounds and he's a real weapon -- what you would expect from his HS ranking. Keegan with more strength is going to be player, too. They'll make a nice set of forwards in Fran's system.

I really like Ulis. Under control, good size, and not a poopy pants. He's going to be a good one.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Defense and offensive rebounding appear to be areas of concern, if one were to be nit-picky.
I’m with Hiawatha here. They had 20 offensive boards yesterday. Garza had 7 himself. That is being extremely nit-picky.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
One Hawkeye scoring 6 points in less than 10 seconds will never happen again...ever.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Can we get some more people in here saying that Patrick and Keegan stood out to them and they thought they had great games? That's really high level analysis and is the shit I come here for. I mean, so you're saying the guys that played well and had good games are the guys you thought looked good and had good games?

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Can we get some more people in here saying that Patrick and Keegan stood out to them and they thought they had great games? That's really high level analysis and is the shit I come here for. I mean, so you're saying the guys that played well and had good games are the guys you thought looked good and had good games?
Agreed, that's why I like to head to the ISU thread for the real high level analysis.

It pains me to type it but ISU is gonna be really fucking good in a year or two. I can't think of a guard in the country as athletic as Wigginton. Somehow Weiler-Babb has turned into a great point guard. Lard is an athletic force too if he can just stop doing dumb things and fouling so much. And on top of those 3 they have a great recruiting class coming in along with 2 solid transfers.

I like Iowa's hoops future, but ISU's is crazy fucking bright. Fuck.
And Jacobsen from Nebrantska too. Their near future is a shit ton brighter than ours IMO
9th seems silly. The front court should be solid with Jacobsen, Young, Conditt. Haliburton and Bolton and Nixon at guard is pretty damn good. Not sure about any wings or the rest. Feels like a middle of the pack Big 12 team with some upside. 9th would be cool though

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I like that bohannon took plenty of shots. He didn't hit them like he will, but last season he had stretches where he kind of shied away. I assume that was because of his injury.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Wieskamp just doesn't have a great feel for the game. Still a plus player of course, but not a playmaker whether driving or dishing.

Can't believe how pure Keegan's release is.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Wieskamp just doesn't have a great feel for the game. Still a plus player of course, but not a playmaker whether driving or dishing.

Can't believe how pure Keegan's release is.
I was sort of looking forward to stinkys review of his play until I read about the funeral thing.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Absent of Jon Miller, you cant get these insights anywhere!

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I thought Keegan and Patrick played really well, and so did Garza. The guys played hard. Garza has great hands.

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Reaction score
I've got a buddy on Facebook. He's 50 or so, probably 300 to 350 lbs, and works nightstock at Hy-Vee. This guy thinks he's the smartest guy in the world about sports (play calling, GM moves, etc.), economics (cutting taxes is stupid!), religion, etc. He truly thinks he's one of the smartest people in the world even though he lives in a $400/month apartment, makes $15.80 an hour, and drives a '95 civic that he bought for $400.00. There's a little bit of that on Halo.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I've got a buddy on Facebook. He's 50 or so, probably 300 to 350 lbs, and works nightstock at Hy-Vee. This guy thinks he's the smartest guy in the world about sports (play calling, GM moves, etc.), economics (cutting taxes is stupid!), religion, etc. He truly thinks he's one of the smartest people in the world even though he lives in a $400/month apartment, makes $15.80 an hour, and drives a '95 civic that he bought for $400.00. There's a little bit of that on Halo.
You are buddies with Pat Harty?

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Thanks for doxxing me, asshole.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
why didn’t you recruit Caitlin Clark?

Revolver

Reaction score
Patrick is virtually nothing like Uthoff except for being skinny as shit.

patrick is way closer to White.
Said to a buddy yesterday that we may have an upgraded version of White by the time Patrick is done.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
Said to a buddy yesterday that we may have an upgraded version of White by the time Patrick is done.
Whoa. Let’s pump the breaks here. I’m obviously rooting for that but White is an all timer.

Reactions: Jim

Revolver

Reaction score
Whoa. Let’s pump the breaks here. I’m obviously rooting for that but White is an all timer.
I said “may” for a reason. He is definitely more talented overall than White. He also has an edge to him. There’s nothing I said that I would consider out of bounds.

also, brakes. :cool:

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Upgraded version of White. I'll allow it.