**Official 2018 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Reaction score
Was thinking about this last night - after watching the first two games, if you could pick two if the early departures off of last year's team to get back on this year's team, which two would you pick?

This might sound ludicrous, but I think I'd take Anthony Nelson and Amani Hooker vs either of the TE's.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Was thinking about this last night - after watching the first two games, if you could pick two if the early departures off of last year's team to get back on this year's team, which two would you pick?

This might sound ludicrous, but I think I'd take Anthony Nelson and Amani Hooker vs either of the TE's.
Hooker and Hock

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score

Yeah, that doesn't sound ludicrous on any level and those two would absolutely be who you want back.

Nothing against Hockensen and Fant, but TE at Iowa is more than good right now and the WR's make it better.

Gushawk

Hires SullCrom
Reaction score
Nelson for sure. I’d probably go Hock over Hooker but it would be very close.

Bob

Reaction score
I'd definitely take Hooker back but I think I'd want to see the offense against a real team before I decide they don't need the top 10 pick tight end lol

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Shit, I might even go Nelson & Nelson.

DL depth is my lone major concern with this team.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Nelson for sure. Hooker would make me feel a lot better this week.

I sometimes think Nate focused too much on Hockenson and Fant at the detriment of the receivers and it hurt the offense. Not all the time but sometimes and obviously Fant and Hockenson drew a lot of the defenses attention but at the same time loaded the box more and hurt the run game.

I’d take all 4 back though and win a Big Ten title.

Herky823

President of the Yang Gang
Reaction score

AP voters.

Conor O’Neil sucks.
Sam McKewon does his homework. I’ll give @brantshawks partial credit for that one as I assume they’re friends.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score

AP voters.

Conor O’Neil sucks.
Sam McKewon does his homework. I’ll give @brantshawks partial credit for that one as I assume they’re friends.
It is insane how some voters clearly either don't watch any games, do any research or are retarded.

There is someone that has Iowa State, who has played 1 game and needed 3OT's to beat a mediocre FCS school at home ranked #15 in the country. That same person also has Michigan in the Top 5 and TCU 4 places ahead of Wisconsin back at #22.

I could understand maybe one of those things happening, but to have that much shit in a single poll? Lol.