**Official 2019 Iowa Football Season Thread**

BngHawk

Scumbag
Reaction score
Am I supposed to be SO PISSED about Iowa playing on a Friday night? Because I’m not.

BngHawk

Scumbag
Reaction score
That some cyclone level conspiracy theory shit from Scotty.

Bob

Reaction score
Pat Harty is the dumbest person alive

Last edited:

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
thanks Mouse. You are kind of a Harty/JonMiller cross. Appreciate your hot takes and insights.

Bob

Reaction score
They're making fun of me for calling him dumb and then spelling his name wrong you weird old doofus

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
thanks Mouse. You are kind of a Harty/JonMiller cross. Appreciate your hot takes and insights.
They're making fun of me for calling him dumb and then spelling his name wrong you weird old doofus
No, I'm making fun of nolookpass because he is a dumbfuck that doesn't know who he is talking about.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Let me clear this up a bit for @nolookpass ..... does Pat Farty seem like he has ever slept with a woman let alone have a kid that is a climate activist?

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Why don’t iowa high schools just move their games to Thursday that week instead of fighting the richest, most powerful athletic conference in the world?

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
NLP is thinking of Rob Howe. It would have been pretty easy to tactfully correct him.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Why don’t iowa high schools just move their games to Thursday that week instead of fighting the richest, most powerful athletic conference in the world?
The overlap between those conflicted with Iowa games and their local HS games is pretty small. The overlap is even smaller when you consider it's not a home game.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The overlap between those conflicted with Iowa games and their local HS games is pretty small. The overlap is even smaller when you consider it's not a home game.
Not to mention how many actual fans are there at these high school games that won't be showing up? The parents and most relatives will be at the games. The students likely will still be at the games.

The only risk is random casual fans. If anything, the only people affected will be the pissed off parents who are Iowa fans mad they are missing a big game. Most of them can watch it on their smart phones in the stands.

Fair and Balanced

Just the Worst
Reaction score
The University should extend this offer to every high school with a home game that night: send us the difference between paid attendance at that game and the last home game prior to it, along with the average ticket price, and the UI will reimburse the difference in revenue. It’d be good PR and wouldn’t cost jack squat unless the schools doctored the numbers.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
The University should extend this offer to every high school with a home game that night: send us the difference between paid attendance at that game and the last home game prior to it, along with the average ticket price, and the UI will reimburse the difference in revenue. It’d be good PR and wouldn’t cost jack squat unless the schools doctored the numbers.
“you want that in 5s and 1s?”

Kamala

Deadbeat
Reaction score
Not to mention how many actual fans are there at these high school games that won't be showing up? The parents and most relatives will be at the games. The students likely will still be at the games.

The only risk is random casual fans. If anything, the only people affected will be the pissed off parents who are Iowa fans mad they are missing a big game. Most of them can watch it on their smart phones in the stands.
I have never been at a high school game as a casual fan. The only high school football games I have been to since I left high school have been two games that my son, who is not yet high school age, wanted to attend.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
During our last year of college I attended a random game of our high school one year with a friend of mine when we both happened to be in town on the same weekend.

We ended up running into another high school friend and her college roommate at the game so I banged her roommate at my friends parents house, which was a nice unexpected bonus.

I guess I should attend more high school games.

Reaction score

Looks like Yahoo does their research.
I’m guessing that’s only half the list? No Lanning?
In response to

He would be on the all century team. Probably why he's not included in the all decade

edit: or maybe they are still making a list for utility guys

Looks like Yahoo does their research.
I’m guessing that’s only half the list? No Lanning?
He would be on the all century team. Probably why he's not included in the all decade

edit: or maybe they are still making a list for utility guys

In response to my claim of a a Hawkeye state a Cyclone fan responded “yeah, but it’s a CyclONE nation.”

Edit: before I get bowed up for “CyclONE” it was via email and it was how he typed it.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
The older I get, the more I appreciate Kirk.

What he’s been able to do at Iowa is pretty fucking good.

thrawn

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Last half of this decade was a lot of fun. Whatever the specific thing that triggered Kirk to turn things around after that shitshow 2014 season was, it was so good for the program.

Reaction score
Last half of this decade was a lot of fun. Whatever the specific thing that triggered Kirk to turn things around after that shitshow 2014 season was, it was so good for the program.
And getting rid of gdgd

douglasbader

Reaction score
The specific thing that happened was Casey Beathard laid down an ultimatum in December 2014 to play CJ or lose him. Barta, Brian, others and even Greg Davis got in Kirk's ear after the embarrassment at the Gator Bowl and convinced him they needed to make changes. They had an unprecedented post season media conference to get ahead of the mob and let people know that change was coming.

It still took 2 more years for Kirk to fully cut the poison that was Greg Davis, Chris White, Bobby whatever the fuck that losers name was that coached WR's, but doing that and hiring younger coaches and having the new football facility really start to impact turned everything around.