***Official 2019 Tailgating Thread***

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
How close can we expect to get to the stadium without anything reserved? Going to be there super early.

Previously I had always done the art building (about 200 yards closer than if we were at Hancher). In college it had the advantage of getting about 4 total cops throughout the whole season and after graduating it was just an easy place to go. That said, if we have 12 hours we might as well get as close as possible.
We'll be around the front spots of the back yard lot of 707 melrose if you want some high fives, beers and tugs (Bovert).

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
My regular spot is no more unfortunately. The Marengo group kind of disbanded so we'll figure it out more after this weekend but probably spend most of the time around @r4hawks tailgate.

Cum one, cum all.
We're next door to R4. Going to get up there as soon as I can after grandma's funeral.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Lot14 taking on all challengers

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
How close can we expect to get to the stadium without anything reserved? Going to be there super early.

Previously I had always done the art building (about 200 yards closer than if we were at Hancher). In college it had the advantage of getting about 4 total cops throughout the whole season and after graduating it was just an easy place to go. That said, if we have 12 hours we might as well get as close as possible.
We'll be around the front spots of the back yard lot of 707 melrose if you want some high fives, beers and tugs (Bovert).
Nice. We will hopefully be as close to that as possible without, you know, working it out beforehand

Art Vandalay

has abnormally deep vas deferens
Reaction score

Nice. We will hopefully be as close to that as possible without, you know, working it out beforehand
Not sure if they have graduated yet but the students that live right there always have their parking spots up for sale. They are usually on the expensive side but if you need a spot, they should have some.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Heading straight there after grandma's funeral this morning. #CCMF

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Heading straight there after grandma's funeral this morning. #CCMF
I have a mental picture of you yelling from the pews, "Hurry up and wrap this thing up...the Hawks are playing tonight."

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Outside the parking garage on melrose. I’m the big headed fucker waiting for the other big headed fucker to get here.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Outside the parking garage on melrose. I’m the big headed fucker waiting for the other big headed fucker to get here.
It'll be a bit, but I'm parking in that garage and walking across the street.

Probably do joes/Deadwood first though.

Also, have to run up and scalp a couple tix.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Is that just east of the stadium?

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I’ll be at the combine. Come find me and I’ll hook you up with Pancheros

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
For someone who was barred from seeing Drumline as a boy, you’ve turned into quite the impressive young man.

Monster

Reaction score
This gd pneumonia still kicking my ass. 50/50 right now, of course. Gonna take some meds and make a decision in a few hours. Reeeeeally want to go. Herky is making burgers. You guys know how I feel about burgers.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
This gd pneumonia still kicking my ass. 50/50 right now, of course. Gonna take some meds and make a decision in a few hours. Reeeeeally want to go. Herky is making burgers. You guys know how I feel about burgers.
you’re for them?

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I'm wearing my gameday shirt I've worn to roughly 100 games. Buttons don't button anymore, it's shrunk quite a bit and some random jager stains.

But it smells like gameday.

Monster

Reaction score
I'm wearing my gameday shirt I've worn to roughly 100 games. Buttons don't button anymore, it's shrunk quite a bit and some random jager stains.

Lol. The shirt has shrunk, guys.

Monster

Reaction score

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I’m guessing brant is more pro burgers then he was ten years ago

Reaction score
That sounds horrible. Take some meds and lay on the couch. Order an obscene amount of your favorite delivery food and just chill.

Or drive to Iowa city, walk around, sit in a stadium for a few hours, start feeling shitty again, then dread the trip home.

Your call bisquick.

Monster

Reaction score
What the fuck did you call me?

Monster

Reaction score
Never been called that before. Not sure how to respond.

Fuck you?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Never been called that before. Not sure how to respond.

Fuck you?
In order to avoid escalating the situation, you could respond by making a self-deprecating comment that pokes at your weight. E.g., "I like pancakes" or "I could really go for some pancakes right about now."

Monster

Reaction score
Well, pancakes always sound good.

Reaction score
Waffles > pancakes

Speaking of pancakes - I bet Tristan Wirf is gonna provide some pancakes tonight

Monster

Reaction score
Waffles > pancakes

Speaking of pancakes - I bet Tristan Wirf is gonna provide some pancakes tonight
I agree on both fronts.

Waffles have tiny square compartments to hold peanut butter and syrup. I like that.

Reaction score

I could drink the hell out of some jager right now.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I'm just starting to feel human again this morning after a week of battling a nasty cold virus. Nothing a couple shots of Cedar Ridge can't help though

Monster

Reaction score
I'm just starting to feel human again this morning after a week of battling a nasty cold virus. Nothing a couple shots of Cedar Ridge can't help though
Yeah, I'm pretty sick of this. Hurts to take a deep breath. Cough. My chest and back hurts. Starting to lean toward staying home. Odds down to 50/50.

IowaWigman

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sick of this. Hurts to take a deep breath. Cough. My chest and back hurts. Starting to lean toward staying home. Odds down to 50/50.
Remember, they have added an hour or so to college football games without adding any actual football. With traffic, you’re probably looking at a 1:00 a.m. bed time, even with a 6:30 kickoff.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
The odds were always 50/50.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Remember, they have added an hour or so to college football games without adding any actual football. With traffic, you’re probably looking at a 1:00 a.m. bed time, even with a 6:30 kickoff.
Not in my case. According to Google, I am looking at 33 minutes to 707 Melrose. #ccmf

We are looking to get some light showers this evening though, so will be bringing a jacket