**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Let the Riley Moss freak outs commence
I hated him after 2018 but he redeemed himself when he had to step in upon Hankins's bed-shitting against David Bell last year. I reserve the right to resume bitching if he starts giving up long TDs again.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
DE depth is maybe biggest question mark.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
DE depth is maybe biggest question mark.
2018: Look at all those DE's. Need someone to step up at tackle though.
20020: Look at all those tackles. Need someone to step up at end though.

thrawn

Reaction score
I love Evans as a 3rd down rush end but don’t know if I trust him or ZVV against the run for the other 75% of snaps.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It likely doesn't matter overall. I think they are going to rotate like crazy depending on the situation.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Eventually, I think Cronk starts at tackle opposite AJ & Kallenberger starts at guard.

Just gonna take awhile for Cronk to learn beyond the 'just block the guy in front of you' assignment scheme @ IU.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Belton caught some hate in chats and posts last year, but I think he is going to be great as well. Got better every game as a true freshman and you can tell Parker loves him.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Eventually, I think Cronk starts at tackle opposite AJ & Kallenberger starts at guard.

Just gonna take awhile for Cronk to learn beyond the 'just block the guy in front of you' assignment scheme @ IU.
I actually hope Cronk is one of the players that they ask to come back again next year.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I actually hope Cronk is one of the players that they ask to come back again next year.
I would be surprised. Once the chatter about B10 football began to resume, they had to go back to Indiana to get him, as he wasn't enrolled.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Dillon Doyle transferring was a blessing. While he is young with experience, Jacobs and Campbell have much more potential and are long term going to be much better.

Doyle would have been a Bo Bower
He seems like a fine athlete, he just played stiff. It could be he was just young, but I wasn’t optimistic.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Belton caught some hate in chats and posts last year, but I think he is going to be great as well. Got better every game as a true freshman and you can tell Parker loves him.
We also went from Amani Hooker, who was really fucking good and could play 4-5 different positions, to a true freshman.

But I agree that I like what I have seen so far and if he can continue to improve like Parker's DBs do.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I hear you there. It’s just tough to imagine a player getting much better than what they are as a freshman.
Doyle had been going through the strength program since he was a middle schooler. He was probably ahead if where most players are at in the same class. No one is saying he's bad, but I am saying his ceiling is much lower than other options.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Insert Big 12 defense joke, but Doyle also immediately stepped into the starting position at another P5 program.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Well he was good enough to play at Iowa so I'd imagine a big 12 defense would be a pretty easy transition

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Offense seems better than D on paper. But I don’t think that’s happened in almost 20 years

Reaction score
I think Brents is the most talented DB potentially in that whole group. He can be elite level if he stays healthy.
Agree as well....so it's always a little confusing that they insist on playing him and Hankins on the same side.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I hear you there. It’s just tough to imagine a player getting much better than what they are as a freshman.
I have no doubt that he might have ended up as one of the typical smart, physical players we’ve seen play that spot over the years. But he simply did not posses an elite athletic profile. That might have been a non-issue against half the teams we play...but that type of stuff shows up on tape 3 to 4 times a year in key situations versus the better teams on the schedule

douglasbader

Reaction score
The best case scenario for IKM is to be a replica of Jordan Canzeri. Sargent is your poor man's Leshun Daniels.

Goodson is a more talented and better Wadley.