**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Monster

Bleached His Asshole
Reaction score
Thats what I meant. I personally think a guy like Brandon Smith would actually benefit from a redshirt year.

Gholston needs to play as well.
You might be right. I just think there are several other players who need a season more than AJ.

BillyBob

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The way Mark Emmeret (the NCCA one, not the ugly Iowa reporter) talked today, there is no fucking chance they are approving any waivers for transfer.

Any transfer rumors to play this fall are bullshit.
Lawyers will be involved.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Williams from UNI ended up withdrawing his name from the portal. I’m not sure what a player could contribute to this season by enrolling at a school this late.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
The longer the douche sits around without releasing a somewhat legitimate spring plan/schedule the more unnecessary damage that will occur. This was all so unnecessary and poorly calculated. You can’t cancel the fall if you believe that the majority of other P5 conferences are going to play. It is suicide
The depends if you are led by a bunch of liberal nerds who have been waiting decades to stick it to athletics

They just don’t understand why 70,000 people don’t come to watch a goddamned science experiment.

Shove the bow tie up your ass

Fair and Balanced

SIR YACHT
Reaction score
Deace has zero sources, but he’s one of the most perceptive sports guys I’ve ever listened to.

Yeah, that means that sometimes you are really fucking wrong because you are trying to convince yourself that your thesis is correct, but he also has ability to put together a puzzle when most sports guys can’t write their name.
LOL at your idea of what perceptive means.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
It still is quite possible that there will be a handful of Cardinals/Marlins type outbreaks in training camps and they’ll all turn tail and postpone until spring.

Reaction score
The SEC is playing no matter what. This craziness that a few COVID19 tests shutting it down is dumb. They’re playing. Period.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
The SEC is playing no matter what. This craziness that a few COVID19 tests shutting it down is dumb. They’re playing. Period.
A few won’t do anything, I agree. A few dozen would.

BngHawk

Fat Guy Fetish & Enthusiastically Voting Trump
Reaction score
I’m actually floored that Karen Warren hasn’t resigned yet.
He lingered in the NFL for 100 years. No reason he won’t linger here and ruin everything for another 100.

I’ve never had such a long list of people I hate with the fire of 1000 suns as I do this year.

Is Delaney having a sensible chuckle right now? Or does he give no fucks at all? Wasn’t he sort of an evil motherfucker? I would think this would eat at him.

newsbreaker

Dickfart
Reaction score
If another league cancels, or if it becomes clear in the next couple of weeks that the playoff is moving to spring, they’ll cancel.

Reaction score
You think he thinks he made the wrong decision?
I have issue with how he literally made NO decisions for 5 months, didn’t communicate shit, was profoundly unprepared & retarded in his once self absorbed interview. Now has gone into the witness protection program like a little bitch.
I don’t care what he does from this point forward even if he did make the right decision, he’s the guy that killed football.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I have issue with how he literally made NO decisions for 5 months, didn’t communicate shit, was profoundly unprepared & retarded in his once self absorbed interview. Now has gone into the witness protection program like a little bitch.
I don’t care what he does from this point forward even if he did make the right decision, he’s the guy that killed football.
That’s not what I asked. You said you can’t believe he hasn’t resigned yet.

AZmess

Reaction score
But you’re also a retard

AZmess

Reaction score
Lol I don’t care if he made the right decision. That shows your ability to have rational thought.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
A complete Fall season was never gonna happen but the I am a giant douche gave up way too soon. The real joke is to think there will be a Spring season though

AZmess

Reaction score

AZmess

Reaction score
why hasn’t he resigned?!?!?!?!

AZmess

Reaction score

AZmess

Reaction score
You immediately resort to “fire someone” whenever you’re emotional.

AZmess

Reaction score
Hell never recover because he’s the one who killed football. Lol

Reaction score
You immediately resort to “fire someone” whenever you’re emotional.
Not emotional at all, when people are in positions like his & profoundly fail they pretty much fire themselves.
That's what Warren did here. No one is ever going to take him seriously again. Ever. He's done as a leader at this level.

Hence the why hasn't he resigned yet question. He's done, when not if.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m going to guess all the communication then was coming from Iowa and everything seemed to be positive.

I also wonder if they knew how this worked and that the presidents ultimately had the authority.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I’m going to guess all the communication then was coming from Iowa and everything seemed to be positive.

I also wonder if they knew how this worked and that the presidents ultimately had the authority.
Spring and Summer sports were cancelled. There was absolutely zero reason to be optimistic

thrawn

Reaction score
Spring and Summer sports were cancelled. There was absolutely zero reason to be optimistic
Summer sports?

They cancelled everything winter and spring in March when everything hit the fan. Then nothing changed for months.