**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I think he was far more talented than that sack of monkey shit Max Pooper, but too bad he came in right as Iowa had its best WR corps overall in a very long time.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Oliver's dad and family also appear to be the biggest pain in the ass and are ruining shit for that kid.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Martin not able to conform to ‘Iowa way’.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Didn’t he get a special waiver on eligibility in order to be closer to home?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
So he's got two years left but there's no fucking way he gets immediate eligibility unless Covid changes things right?

So he could be looking at missing a season to play one. This would hurt the receiver depth for next season when he would have been at best the #3 guy

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Didn’t he get a special waiver on eligibility in order to be closer to home?
Maybe he's moving even closer to home. Coe or Kirkwood closer than the U of I?

thrawn

Reaction score
Healthy ISM will get drafted late if for no other reason than his return abilities.

I think Smith gets drafted if he can stay healthy although the guy who can make the catch in traffic seems less valuable now than it used to be because of the way teams run offenses.

Reaction score
I think this says something about our young WRs. He’s seen them all and knows what he is up against next year.

Not sure where he thinks he’s gonna go. In normal years a good FCS like UNI is an option, but that is a huge gamble this year. I have a hard time seeing him get a waiver so he likely sits if he goes FBS.

thrawn

Reaction score
Draft is also nothing. McNutt never caught a pass. Excluding Willies, an Iowa WR alum hasn’t caught a pass in the NFL since 2007 (Dwight) and a black one hasn’t since 2001 (Gibson).

thrawn

Reaction score
I wonder if he has kept swimming and winds up somewhere for that. His football options seem extremely limited.

Reaction score
Buddy said this was coming but I thought he was fucking with me. This makes no sense at all after all he went through to come back to Iowa
He has been through 3 cfb off-seasons. The first one had serious transfer rumors and the next two he has transferred. I'm beginning to sense a pattern here. NDSU in 2020 and UNI in 2021? It could happen.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Kirk obviously hates white people. Where is My Green?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Maryland has a few players opting out, including their QB.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Kelton Copeland was on a local podcast about a month ago and his response to a question about Martin basically made it sound like he wasn’t really in the rotation.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Oliver's dad and family also appear to be the biggest pain in the ass and are ruining shit for that kid.
You could give him the benefit of the doubt when he was 18, but he's part of that enterprise now. Just a quiet kid who wants to put in the work without any of the attention. Bullshit.

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
You could give him the benefit of the doubt when he was 18, but he's part of that enterprise now. Just a quiet kid who wants to put in the work without any of the attention. Bullshit.
Kids continue to follow their parents' lead. Especially "big time" athletes.

CamelTones

Reaction score
His friend got in a twitter argument about Iowa not playing the best athlete on the team a couple weeks ago. If his friend felt that way then he probably heard it from Martin himself.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
His friend got in a twitter argument about Iowa not playing the best athlete on the team a couple weeks ago. If his friend felt that way then he probably heard it from Martin himself.
The best athletes are not always the best football players.

hawkstud44

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
That argument was with me. I didn't know until after the fact that he was pretty bias about the situation

thrawn

Reaction score
Pointless hypothetical, would you take a 10-game season with limited attendance and only NY6 games this fall or a full season with crowds (vaccine required for attendance) starting in February?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pointless hypothetical, would you take a 10-game season with limited attendance and only NY6 games this fall or a full season with crowds (vaccine required for attendance) starting in February?
10 game because I have zero fucking interest in attending a football game outside February - April. Might as well give me football now!

Reaction score
Option 1, spring football is a terrible idea.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Would have been the year to expand it to a 16 or 32 team playoff. I’m sure the bowls had no interest in letting that happen. I do wonder how many guys that have opted out wouldn’t have if they knew there was an opportunity to get in the playoff.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Option 1, spring football is a terrible idea.
Spring football is only a terrible idea if it is compared to fall football. No fall football? I’ll take some spring football, thank you. (I do realize that would basically be jv ball and anyone needing off-season injury recovery is fucked for 2021 fall.)

Rather have 10 this fall with limited bowls. Obviously.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Drake Kulick sucks.
Have you heard about his latest poker hand?

I tried to listen to that podcast a couple times. I know people get better, it's I'm sure way harder than it looks. But good lord did they suck. Great guest list of course, but haven't listened since whenever it was he moved to Arizona.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Have you heard about his latest poker hand?

I tried to listen to that podcast a couple times. I know people get better, it's I'm sure way harder than it looks. But good lord did they suck. Great guest list of course, but haven't listened since whenever it was he moved to Arizona.
eh, not really