**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Football players have always been and will likely always be meatheads. Water is wet.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Cowherd's source said Big Ten will start playing by mid October. I hope that dick nosed son of a bitch is right for once.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I wonder what michigan/states message boards are like. Are they all as pissed as they should be?
it is staggering to me, maybe the most surprising thing about this whole thing just how little the majority of anyone associated with those schools care. They’ve responded to this almost exactly like Rutgers. Blows my mind how far Michigan has fallen.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
it is staggering to me, maybe the most surprising thing about this whole thing just how little the majority of anyone associated with those schools care. They’ve responded to this almost exactly like Rutgers. Blows my mind how far Michigan has fallen.
It’s almost like athletic departments only generate a small percentage of the institutions revenue each year and rarely make a profit on paper.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Howe getting into a pissing match with Kulick on Twitter is pretty funny

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Maybe he flushed them down the toilet with Robs head.

Reaction score
Looks like Kulick cleaned out his twitter? What's the story here?
Stuart Duncan (Keith's dad) accused Rob of wanting the cancelation in order to beat Trump. Rob played dumb. Drake told Rob that someone should beat him up. Some random Rob fan told Drake that he (Rob fan) would have beaten Drake unconscious when he was younger.

Drake and the other dude have since deleted stuff, but you can find remnants in the "sexiest site" thread.

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Stuart Duncan (Keith's dad) accused Rob of wanting the cancelation in order to beat Trump. Rob played dumb. Drake told Rob that someone should beat him up. Some random Rob fan told Drake that he (Rob fan) would have beaten Drake unconscious when he was younger.

Drake and the other dude have since deleted stuff, but you can find remnants in the "sexiest site" thread.
“Retired” Jon Fuckwad Miller also interjected because Kulick posted some meathead anti-Muslim meme and reported him to Twitter, which in and of itself also shows Kulick is a dipshit, especially in the wake of the racial controversy.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
An internet slapfight between a dumb meathead and a pussy self-hating Hawkeye writer.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Here are the players listed as seniors on the current roster. Given this year doesn’t count against them how many do we think return next year? I believe the NCAA is allowing 90 scholarships for football. Scholarship only plus a kicker. My predictions in parentheses.

Keith Duncan K (gone)
Smith-Marsette WR (gone)
Matt Hankins CB (gone)
Mekhi Sargent RB (gone)
Caleb Shudak K (possible return)
Brandon Smith WR (gone)
Max Cooper WR (fuck)
Barrington Wade LB (gone via grad transfer)
Shaun Beyer (could see him trying to stick around)
Nick Niemann (likely gone)
Coy Cronk (gone)
Chauncey Gholston (gone)
Cole Banwart (injuries, might want to be done)
Austin Schultz (might want to keep playing)
Alaric Jackson (very gone to NFL)
Jack Heflin (could see him trying to come back)
Zach VanValckenburg (gone, slight chance at returning)

Just looking at the seniors, doesn’t seem like that many would bother returning.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Here are the players listed as seniors on the current roster. Given this year doesn’t count against them how many do we think return next year? I believe the NCAA is allowing 90 scholarships for football. Scholarship only plus a kicker. My predictions in parentheses.

Keith Duncan K (gone)
Smith-Marsette WR (gone)
Matt Hankins CB (gone)
Mekhi Sargent RB (gone)
Caleb Shudak K (possible return)
Brandon Smith WR (gone)
Max Cooper WR (fuck)
Barrington Wade LB (gone via grad transfer)
Shaun Beyer (could see him trying to stick around)
Nick Niemann (likely gone)
Coy Cronk (gone)
Chauncey Gholston (gone)
Cole Banwart (injuries, might want to be done)
Austin Schultz (might want to keep playing)
Alaric Jackson (very gone to NFL)
Jack Heflin (could see him trying to come back)
Zach VanValckenburg (gone, slight chance at returning)

Just looking at the seniors, doesn’t seem like that many would bother returning.
Let's first remember that anyone returning doesn't get to decide if they return, that decision is offered to them by the coaching staff and has to be mutual.

I am sure they will beg Keith Duncan to come back. Why wouldn't you?

Jack Helfin seems like a no brainier to ask and think he would. That kid loves Iowa and I don't think a meaningless 8 game season with no fans at Kinnick is the way he wants to go out.

Beyer and Niemann would be small possibilities. I can't see anyone else that you would ask back or wants to come back. I don't even know why you would want Beyer back when you have the guys you have coming up.

thrawn

Reaction score
Beyer feels like he’s already been here six years.

thrawn

Reaction score
He’s been blocking on that punt return for four of them

CamelTones

Reaction score
Let's first remember that anyone returning doesn't get to decide if they return, that decision is offered to them by the coaching staff and has to be mutual.

I am sure they will beg Keith Duncan to come back. Why wouldn't you?

Jack Helfin seems like a no brainier to ask and think he would. That kid loves Iowa and I don't think a meaningless 8 game season with no fans at Kinnick is the way he wants to go out.

Beyer and Niemann would be small possibilities. I can't see anyone else that you would ask back or wants to come back. I don't even know why you would want Beyer back when you have the guys you have coming up.
I took the coaches asking them back into consideration. Heflin seemed like the only one that seems like a no brainer. Duncans dad has mentioned he’s getting ready for the NFL so he seems to be ready to move on.

It comes down to available scholarships and team needs. I asked in the recruiting thread if there was a chance they were done with the class anticipating getting some guys back off the senior class. No one seems to know. Injuries could play into this as well.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Those cocksuckers needed to see every other normal program play today to figure this out. Plus, there isn’t any blowback on games getting cancelled/postponed. So it is quite obvious the process works.
#trusttheprocess