**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
We can finally talk about actual football.

Curious to see which true freshmen get thrown right into the fire. There are no restrictions so it also helps both of the Northern Illinois grad transfers.

Backup QB battle is interesting. Gives Hogan an extra advantage.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
This offense is going to buttfuck the I am a giant douche

douglasbader

Reaction score
Here are the 2 deeps.

I love both the lines....

LT - Jackson
RG - Kallenberger
C - Linderbaum
RG - Schott
RT - Cronk

Backups like Banwart, Britt, Ince and Plumb.

DE - Golston
DT - Nixon
DT - Helfin
DE - Evans/VanValkenberg/Waggoner

There are other guys like the other grad transfer from Northern Illinois, young stud Logan Lee, Noah Shannon, true freshman Deonte Craig and old reliable Schulte.

douglasbader

Reaction score
We have been looking at depth charts, returning talent, incoming talent and everything else here for 12 years.

The current 2 deeps are about as good as I can remember. If it weren't for the simple unknown at QB, would be feeling ridiculously good.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
We have been looking at depth charts, returning talent, incoming talent and everything else here for 12 years.

The current 2 deeps are about as good as I can remember. If it weren't for the simple unknown at QB, would be feeling ridiculously good.
I was just going to ask when Iowa had a deeper bench because I can’t come up with anything

douglasbader

Reaction score
I was just going to ask when Iowa had a deeper bench because I can’t come up with anything
Even after losing Wirfs and Epenesa I think they might actually be better overall and deeper this year. Getting the grad transfers Cronk, Helfin and the other guy really helped.

Reaction score
I still have some concerns about pass rush on the DL. I'm really hoping that Logan Lee steps up at DE. Golston could improve his draft stock tremendously with a big year rushing the passer, but he hasn't done it yet.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I still have some concerns about pass rush on the DL. I'm really hoping that Logan Lee steps up at DE. Golston could improve his draft stock tremendously with a big year rushing the passer, but he hasn't done it yet.
When was the last time the defense was a legitimate concern? When was the last time we weren't top 20 in total defense at the end of the year?

All I'm saying is that defense is always at the bottom of my worries about a Hawkeye team.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
When was the last time the defense was a legitimate concern? When was the last time we weren't top 20 in total defense at the end of the year?

All I'm saying is that defense is always at the bottom of my worries about a Hawkeye team.
I have one true worry. The season long health of Tyler Goodson

thrawn

Reaction score
I loved joe Evans in his role last year, but is he an every down guy in this system?

Reaction score

I agree in general, but it's the most unproven position group on the roster.

I loved joe Evans in his role last year, but is he an every down guy in this system?
I guess we'll find out. He may end up being Parker Hesse or better.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Anyone on here know if there is any legitimacy to Nixon being very close to kicked off the team?

I was told the offseason did not go very well for him and the coaches are tired of his shit.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Anyone on here know if there is any legitimacy to Nixon being very close to kicked off the team?

I was told the offseason did not go very well for him and the coaches are tired of his shit.
I know nothing about this but I'd guess Nixon would have to do something egregiously awful to get kicked off with the climate surrounding Hawkeye "culture"right now.

douglasbader

Reaction score

What matters is he is still on the team.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I have some concerns with the DL. No Nixon softens things a little so hope he's back. He and Heflin would be a nice middle combo with Gholston outside. Schulte and Shannon rotating. The other outside spot and DE depth will be interesting. I'm sure waggonner, Evans, and Lee will rotate somewhere.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I have some concerns with the DL. No Nixon softens things a little so hope he's back. He and Heflin would be a nice middle combo with Gholston outside. Schulte and Shannon rotating. The other outside spot and DE depth will be interesting. I'm sure waggonner, Evans, and Lee will rotate somewhere.
DL is experienced as hell.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
This protocol is pretty tough imo:

• Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
• Green 0-2%
• Orange 2-5%
• Red >5%
• Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
• Green 0-3.5%
• Orange 3.5-7.5%
• Red >7.5%

Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:

• Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
• Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
This protocol is pretty tough imo:

• Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
• Green 0-2%
• Orange 2-5%
• Red >5%
• Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
• Green 0-3.5%
• Orange 3.5-7.5%
• Red >7.5%

Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:

• Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
• Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.
The population positivity rate is the stupidest metric. Even the team one is kind of dumb, given the 21 day deal.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
your reminder that Iowa's base set can include

Goodson
ISM
Smith
Tracy/Ragini
LaPorta
That's an impressive group. I'll be excited to see what Brian comes up with to utilize them.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I'd like to see Nixon at end with Heflin, Waggoner, Shannon etc. rotating at tackle.