**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
It's a shame they don't get to beat the hell out of Rutgers, but I'll take it.

HawkeyeJonesEsq

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I wonder if the last week will have any mechanism for avoiding re-matches? Like if 4 East already played 4 West could 4 and 5 switch? I mean, if we narrowly miss the title game would rather have a new team than Penn State again at #2.

Reaction score
I wonder if the last week will have any mechanism for avoiding re-matches? Like if 4 East already played 4 West could 4 and 5 switch? I mean, if we narrowly miss the title game would rather have a new team than Penn State again at #2.
Yes, Alvarez said they will try to avoid rematches.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Dude.......

He posted the info that Bollers was not considering Iowa months before anyone else. He regularly goes to football practice when there isn't a pandemic. He may be a bit of a douche, but he is consistently right.
Dude..... you fell for @26.2's ongoing troll he does in every chat and thread whenever Gasser is mentioned.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
What did gasser say?

douglasbader

Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They quarantined him 3 times? Why?

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Tyler Goodson confirmed to have had COVID-19 already and was asymptomatic.

I thought this quote was dead on from Deonte Craig's dad.

Deon Craig: "The thing about COVID is that it's been completely been blown out of proportion by so many. Whether it's because of political reasons, they like working from home or they're all in cash...the majority of the people responsible for the fear couldn't even operate a mower without mowing off their toe. Think about that. There's 6 year old kids out there safely mowing."

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This might belong in the 'thoughts unworthy thread,' but doesn't all the racial stuff/Doyle feel like it happened about 20 years ago. I'm sure, particularly if Iowa has a good season, it'll be brought up again, but still.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
This might belong in the 'thoughts unworthy thread,' but doesn't all the racial stuff/Doyle feel like it happened about 20 years ago. I'm sure, particularly if Iowa has a good season, it'll be brought up again, but still.
If we have a good season, current players and families will be gushing about the changes and how Kirk turned it into a positive. Fingers crossed.

I'm still hoping (obviously) we go on a run of seasons and Brian takes over causing all of the assholes heads to explode who were wrapped up in that charade.

Reaction score
I thought this quote was dead on from Deonte Craig's dad.

Deon Craig: "The thing about COVID is that it's been completely been blown out of proportion by so many. Whether it's because of political reasons, they like working from home or they're all in cash...the majority of the people responsible for the fear couldn't even operate a mower without mowing off their toe. Think about that. There's 6 year old kids out there safely mowing."
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Rob Howe and dipshit Iowa State fans will be the only ones that remember this come spring

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’ll let everyone guess which reporter asked about the anthem and racial issues at today’s press conference.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like I just missed Kirk on Murph & Andy, any of you get a chance to listen? Highlights?

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If we have a good season, current players and families will be gushing about the changes and how Kirk turned it into a positive. Fingers crossed.

I'm still hoping (obviously) we go on a run of seasons and Brian takes over causing all of the assholes heads to explode who were wrapped up in that charade.
I too want to watch this happen. 🍻

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Shortened season, studs from other teams sitting out, adversity that supposedly brought the guys “closer than ever before”, veteran team, best set of skill guys we’ve seen at Iowa in years. It sounds wild, but this might be the best shot Iowa has at making a playoff for a long, long time.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Most of the guys from opposing schools who chose to sit out a spring season are back in, or rumored to be back in for a fall season.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yeah, I think pretty much all the studs are going to be playing. Rondale Moore even.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
what do you think it would cost for 9 covid-ho's to visit campuses of opponets?