**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Attempting a serious answer, QB and OL should be improved, possibly by quite a bit. (Did Martinez just have some injuries and an inconsistent team, or did he become a longer term head case? Will he even be the guy moving ahead?) The RB is excellent.

No clue on the new WR corps and defense, however.

Iowa has needed walk-off field goals to win the last two games, so there isn't some unbridgeable gulf head to head.
Martinez put on a lot of bulk last year and was notably slower. He also looked scared to leave the pocket. He’s back to his normal weight now so look to see him run more and thus be prone to injuries. He will still be a turnover machine, maybe even more than last year. Every Husker fan will want McCaffrey by the 2nd game.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Iowa hasn’t scratched where it itches the last 2 games. They should have handed the ball off 70% of the plays after building early leads. Instead they’ve gotten greedy and started throwing the ball and it’s resulted in 3 and outs and Nate interceptions.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Iowa hasn’t scratched where it itches the last 2 games. They should have handed the ball off 70% of the plays after building early leads. Instead they’ve gotten greedy and started throwing the ball and it’s resulted in 3 and outs and Nate interceptions.
hehe

I like you

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Martinez put on a lot of bulk last year and was notably slower. He also looked scared to leave the pocket. He’s back to his normal weight now so look to see him run more and thus be prone to injuries. He will still be a turnover machine, maybe even more than last year. Every Husker fan will want McCaffrey by the 2nd game.
I could also see Nebrantska at 0-4 this year before getting their 1st win with Illinois.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Iowa has run for just shy of 500 yards on 76 attempts the last 2 years against Nebrantska.

They threw for 240 yards on 53 plays (28 completions) the last 2 years.

Iowa was up 14-3 last year and down at the Nebrantska 19 yard line. They didn’t get the play in in time and called a timeout. Goodson was gashing them at that point. Iowa called an end around out of the timeout that lost 9 yards. They kicked the FG to go up 17-3. Nebrantska went 3 and out on their next drive. Iowa gets the ball back and runs for 7 yards on first down. The next play they call a Greg Davis pass play where all the receivers run 4 yard routes. Stanley is intercepted twice on the same play that goes back to make it a 17-10 game.

Yes ISM returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD but Iowa should have buried them in the first half.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
If Kelton would adopt my kids, I’d certainly be willing to create more of them.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Hope the weather doesn't suck in late November/December to make the passing game difficult.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
The one constant with Copeland is that his receivers get better every year. I expect Ragaini to do the same in his 2nd year playing.
I think Ragaini is going to be very good.

He had a big game against USC and their elite speed.

He had to have about 50 catches as a freshman. Not bad for a kid initially going to college on a lacrosse scholarship.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I think nico is ok, he’s just not 50 catches ok. He drops the first pass thrown to him every game.
I’d rather 6,3 & 12 each get another 5-10 catches. Especially 6

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
It’s refreshing for Nico Ragini to be the 4th-best WR on the roster.
right & he should get targets/catches that reflect 4th, maybe 3rd cuz of the slot position.

CamelTones

Reaction score
LaPorta and Goodson are going to catch a lot of passes.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Outside of McNutt and DJK as the top 2, this is the most confident I've felt about Iowa's WR in a long time. And this year might still get the nod due to overall depth.