**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Why don’t you just post the information instead of shitty vague posts.
When it concerns medical info, I'm going to be intentionally vague. Dr zaius guessed it.

All will be glad to know that max cooper will not be returning punts Saturday, due to injury. Charlie jones, will be back there.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Are we sure it isn’t Myocartittyitus?

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
When it concerns medical info, I'm going to be intentionally vague. Dr zaius guessed it.

All will be glad to know that max cooper will not be returning punts Saturday, due to injury. Charlie jones, will be back there.
You aren’t bound by HIPAA.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
From my extensive research of watching one highlight video, I think Charlie Jones will be good.

I do get the feeling that there might be a different reciever that would be better than good at returning punts.
I find it hard to believe there is another WR who could possibly be worse

Reaction score
2005 Capital One bowl just started. Choo choo!

BTN

Last edited:

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m not interested in a game featuring Wisconsin and Georgia.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
So, it was suggested that I read the comments on Hawkeye Heaven about the team standing or kneeling for the anthem.

Holy shit.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Lotta broken sentences and “freedom isn’t free” sentiment in that comment section.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Military folks who are “fighting for our freedoms” yet get butt hurt when people exercise those same freedoms. What a swell bunch.
I don’t agree with the stance, but I totally get why some don’t like the kneeling. Of that group, I believe some are racist, but most are not. IMO valuing a unified nation over an individual stance is not an unreasonable thought process, even if playing the anthem at sports events seems a bit dated.

I was just a little surprised at the number of people in an Iowa fan group that are supposedly going to stop watching games. Iowa has some big ass donors that are vets or pro military.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I don’t agree with the stance, but I totally get why some don’t like the kneeling. Of that group, I believe some are racist, but most are not. IMO valuing a unified nation over an individual stance is not an unreasonable thought process, even if playing the anthem at sports events seems a bit dated.

I was just a little surprised at the number of people in an Iowa fan group that are supposedly going to stop watching games. Iowa has some big ass donors that are vets or pro military.
It became unreasonable because the nation isn’t unified for shit and they live with a 1950s mentality.

Reaction score

I think you should continue to dig into this situation and spew your unsolicited opinion on said issue.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Spoiler alert: they aren't.

Reaction score
Was at an MLS game a week or so ago and heard fan complaints about kneeling for the first time. Oddly, the complaints were screamed after the anthem, and only at the visiting team-no complaints about those from the home team that kneeled. I have not heard any “chorus of boos” or really any reaction whatsoever prior to this single person in this one instance. Most fans simply don’t care.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I have a big MAGA friend who was done watching the White Sox forever after they knelt for the anthem on opening day. Guess what? Less than a month later he's talking a bunch of shit about the Sox beating the Cubs in the first crosstown series.

People say a bunch of dumb shit, and your life will be better off if you ignore most of it.

ivan_drago

Reaction score

A Venn diagram of people who get mad about kneeling and people who scream about "the radical left," or "commies," is a circle, so fuck off right out of here with the "they just want a unified nation," stuff.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
It's the national anthem, not the military's anthem or the veteran's anthem. National anthem. It's for all of us. Criticizing the peaceful exercise of one of the fundamental rights for which the flag stands is the unamerican position, not the other way around.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
It's the national anthem, not the military's anthem or the veteran's anthem. National anthem. It's for all of us. Criticizing the peaceful exercise of one of the fundamental rights for which the flag stands is the unamerican position, not the other way around.
Well said.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I’m going to use this and pay you royalties

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I agree with this. We should support the peaceful expression of free speech, no matter how contrary to statistics & data that speech may be.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
A Venn diagram of people who get mad about kneeling and people who scream about "the radical left," or "commies," is a circle, so fuck off right out of here with the "they just want a unified nation," stuff.
LOL I love it when you get so worked up that you completely skipped over my main point, which was laid out in the first few words of my post. But I understand why someone like you doesn’t want to bother with understanding the feelings of others.

again, that entire Facebook page is a very specific example of some of the people that I really can’t stand, but that doesn’t make my belief any more correct than theirs.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
LOL I love it when you get so worked up that you completely skipped over my main point, which was laid out in the first few words of my post. But I understand why someone like you doesn’t want to bother with understanding the feelings of others.

again, that entire Facebook page is a very specific example of some of the people that I really can’t stand, but that doesn’t make my belief any more correct than theirs.
they have the right to believe whatever they want, but that isn't going to make me go "gotta respect their opinion, folks!"

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
they have the right to believe whatever they want, but that isn't going to make me go "gotta respect their opinion, folks!"
I never said anything about respecting their opinion. I said that I understand why a certain group would feel that way. And given my lack of military service I don’t feel like I am in the position to judge them.

I mean my entire point of bringing it up was that it was shocking to me that there are so many people, even within a military based group, that value standing for the anthem over Iowa football.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I was with you until you called the stance unamerican. You basically just refuted everything you had said to that point by saying that.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
I never said anything about respecting their opinion. I said that I understand why a certain group would feel that way. And given my lack of military service I don’t feel like I am in the position to judge them.

I mean my entire point of bringing it up was that it was shocking to me that there are so many people, even within a military based group, that value standing for the anthem over Iowa football.
It's not the military anthem. The people who are most worked up about this are not veterans. They're rednecks who love the idea of troops, but weren't troops themselves.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Also, what do you mean "military based group?"

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Let's also not pretend that this is a universally held belief that it "disrespects the troops". My brother, a veteran, has absolutely zero problem with people doing this.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Let's also not pretend that this is a universal held belief that it "disrespects the troops". My brother, a veteran, has absolutely zero problem with people doing this.
I don’t think anyone is doing that. This was an anecdotal example of a particular fan group, who happens to have 100k+ followers. There were also plenty of people that support kneeing, but the number who didn’t was a bit surprising.