**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
“You live and die with everything going on out there, and that’s just the way it is,” Ferentz said. “With a new quarterback, there’s going to be some growing pains. We all knew that. And I’ll remind everybody, it’s a new quarterback without the luxury of a spring practice, which is huge. Talk to anybody who played quarterback, which I certainly didn’t, but talk to anybody that has, that’s major. So, that’s part of what you’re seeing right now.

“We’ve got great confidence in Alex, too. He’s really grown. So, we’re just going to keep pushing forward. There’s no question about our confidence in Spencer. And again, I feel the same way about Alex. I feel like we have a good situation there. We just need to keep pushing forward.”
Ferentz here makes me think he’s weighing a change

Reactions: BBK
Reaction score
If he makes the change, it will be because of picks like the one he had on Friday night.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If anyone has watched any of the Heartland videos Iowa has put out this fall, at the very end when they talk about the kid captains, the final photo is of a kid smiling and asking Wadley for a signature in the locker room. I like to think it’s a master troll job.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
I just don’t see him making a change this year. Starting January 1st if there isn’t improvement I imagine it’s a blank slate and all 3 have a shot at the job.
i agree. Petras would have to have like back to back 3 turnover games to switch quarterbacks this season at this point.

No reason not to be an open competition this upcoming spring though.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Lol - apparently injured white players were pampered and held out of activities, while the racist!!!! coaches forced black players to play through their injuries or risk losing their scholarships.

“While White teammates were permitted to rest, recover, and heal, African- American players were ridiculed for their injuries and pressured to play while injured under explicit threats by coaches, including threats of loss of individual scholarships. White players, however, were not subject to similar threats by the coaching staff.”

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
No they probably don’t read any of them actually

CamelTones

Reaction score
Cody Ince and Kristian Welch just made it on John’s Big Ol Fish on KCRG.

Lol that they both sent in a picture to them.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I mean he's a fucking wide receiver. They're more of a football player than kickers and thats it.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm sure the Iowa medical staff was just desperately pumping Trey fucking Stross full of pain drugs.
It seemed like his main issue was always hamstring injuries. Not sure what pain pills do for tight hamstrings. They're sure as hell not giving him muscle relaxers for games. I guess if they did it might explain all three drops in that game.

Also LOL at the beginning of this article
Iowa wide receiver Trey Stross has no doubt that James Vandenberg will be mentally prepared for the biggest game of his life.

"He's in some of my classes," Stross said. "I can tell he's a smart kid."

Which classes?

"Sports psychology," Stross replied. "We compare grades and he kicks my butt."
https://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/12742/iowas-vandenberg-ready-for-major-mental-test

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Quote isn't exact, the pig is generic so it doesn't look exactly like Floyd. LOL. At least he's getting better at stealing content.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think that shirt is funny and all...but I'm sure as shit not going to buy one to wear.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I’m always embarrassed for the teams when their semis show up to Kinnick without any decals on the tractor. Northern Illinois showed up in a Penske moving truck.

Iowa is going to show up to stadiums with hearts all over the semi.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I’m always embarrassed for the teams when their semis show up to Kinnick without any decals on the tractor. Northern Illinois showed up in a Penske moving truck.

Iowa is going to show up to stadiums with hearts all over the semi.
While there isn't time to create something for this year, I'll bet something branded as "Hawkeye" will be used in 2021.