**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yep. They own a big chunk of the court side seats at Carver
Also made a major gift to build and name the Gerdin Athletic Learning Center....a place for athletes to study, receive tutoring, etc.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Gerdins are big supporters of the children’s hospital as well. I’m guessing the truck next year will be rather wavy.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Kids down there don't even go to Muscatine, they go to L&M.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I forgot what massive, giant TrumpTards the owners or TanTara are.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

This is from his Twitter feed. Seems like a great guy.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I imagine this douche was dumbfounded when Iowa eventually told him to fuck off

Reaction score
I wonder how this would have gone if his great-nephew was still on the team.

Last edited:

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
On a more positive note.....start looking at Craigslist for an Iowa themed truck and trailer. Would make a great gift for that Hawkeye fan who has everything! Imagine a rolling man-cave to tailgate out of! The possibilities are endless.

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I'm truly shocked that a trucking business out of Muscatine, Iowa are big Trumpers. I know Decker hauls for Iowa State but maybe Riggins can carry the Iowa State gear to Iowa City every year the game is at Iowa. That way, he can really stick it to Kurt!

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I bet there was a lot of back-patting and self congratulating when TanTara got to fuck over the liberal Hawkeye football team they did business with for two decades. What a piss poor business from a piss poor town.
There’s no chance they were doing this gratis is there? My neighbor says they were doing it for free

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
From Doctherman’s mailbag this week on the Athletic:

What is going on with the longtime transport provider for Iowa equipment? I heard they left Iowa high and dry last week, forcing them to find a new truck company to bring equipment up to Twin Cities and that it was politically motivated or something?

TanTara Transportation from Muscatine, Iowa, has hauled the football program’s equipment since 1985. The Riggan family, which owns and operates TanTara, decided to pull its recognizable W900 Kenworth Hawkeye-themed semi away from the Iowa football complex when the program allowed the players to kneel for the “Star-Spangled Banner.” In both of the home games, 33 players — black and white — and two assistant coaches took a knee on the sideline during the national anthem. The Riggan family put the program in a tough spot in the middle of last week and Iowa officials had to scramble and find a quick provider to haul equipment to Minnesota.

For the final two regular-season road games, Heartland Express of North Liberty, Iowa, will haul to State College, Pa., and Champaign, Ill. The Gerdin family founded Heartland Express and has donated millions of dollars to the University of Iowa, the athletics department and University Hospitals and Clinics. In 2017, the family gave $5 million toward an academic learning center already named for them.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Imagine forfeiting that cash cow because some 20 year olds don’t feel the same way you do about a stupid song. But hey, the libs Gotta get pwn’d somehow. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Imagine forfeiting that cash cow because some 20 year olds don’t feel the same way you do about a stupid song. But hey, the libs Gotta get pwn’d somehow. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I can somewhat understand them stepping down in protest after the season. But leaving mid-season and fucking the team you've supported for decades over is a bit much.

gable_guy

Reaction score
I can somewhat understand them stepping down in protest after the season. But leaving mid-season and fucking the team you've supported for decades over is a bit much.
Butt hurt from the election

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Making a story out of this gives the company exactly what it wants.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I thought I saw somewhere that they did this for free?

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Making a story out of this gives the company exactly what it wants.
Not really, for example I never once thought about who has carted around the Hawkeyes stuff in the 40 some years I have been a fan- i have seen the Hawkeye semi many times even.

Now that I know who did it, and how they have behaved after 35 years of doing it all I know is that they were a bunch of dicks. I also now know how their competition Heartland Express saved the day and have been great supporters of the Hawks all along without that business.