**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, that semi looks like some high schoolers painted it. Very cartoonish.
Fir that reason alone fuck those guys.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
1. Iowa wins out.
2. Minnesota wins out (beating both Wisconsin and Northwestern).
3. A Purdue loss (maybe to Indiana).
4. Iowa wins tiebreaker (I think) with the win over Minnesota.

Last edited:

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
1. Iowa wins out.
2. Minnesota wins out (beating both Wisconsin and Northwestern).
3. A Purdue loss (maybe to Indiana).
4. Iowa wins tiebreaker (I think) with the win over Minnesota.
Bring. It. In.

NW loses tomorrow to Wisconsin in addition to Minnesota. Still need another loss out of them though I think.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I see no scenario to win the Douche West besides Northwestern losing out (Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois) and Iowa winning out (Nebrantska, Illinois, Wisconsin). Wisconsin beating Northwestern would have given Iowa a longshot possibility.

Or, Iowa could have beat Northwestern, and Iowa would control their own destiny.

Fuck.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
NW is good. Purdue is not. No excuse for losing that one.
If Iowa wins out that Purdue game was inconsequential. Missed Indy because of a 1 point loss to NW.

The Illinois game is the game that has me the most nervous. But Kirk has some weird confidence about the team right now.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Right on cue. How ‘bout no!

This shit pisses me off because my favorite thing about bowl season is getting to play teams you rarely if ever get to play. Iowa plays Iowa State every year. Let it go for 1 year.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Purdue is one of the worst blown calls I've ever seen away from being 4-0. Who knows, after the way they played today, they might have beaten Wisconsin.

Let's not pretend they're awful.
Purdue also lost to Northwestern. They’re now 2-2 and behind Iowa in the standings.

But yes, they’re not awful.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Purdue is one of the worst blown calls I've ever seen away from being 4-0. Who knows, after the way they played today, they might have beaten Wisconsin.

Let's not pretend they're awful.
That call impacted two losses? Damn. It was worse than I thought.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Purdue also lost to Northwestern. They’re now 2-2 and behind Iowa in the standings.

But yes, they’re not awful.
Iowa loses the tie-breaker to Purdue right now. Wins don't matter, only losses. They both have 2 losses, Purdue beat Iowa, Purdue would win the tie-breaker. Stupid as fuck, but what it is.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Iowa loses the tie-breaker to Purdue right now. Wins don't matter, only losses. They both have 2 losses, Purdue beat Iowa, Purdue would win the tie-breaker. Stupid as fuck, but what it is.
If you don’t win, you get a loss. So I would say they matter.

Reaction score
Nevada is 5-0. Any chance Norvell is considered for the Iowa job when the time comes?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Northwestern is not good. they're average But they're less pants-shitting than Petras which is all that matters.

Another fucking frustrating loss to a northwestern that shouldn't have happened

Reaction score
Northwestern is not good. they're average But they're less pants-shitting than Petras which is all that matters.

Another fucking frustrating loss to a northwestern that shouldn't have happened
They're better than average. They have a really good defense and a competent QB who can make some plays. Probably will be 8-0 and lose by 13-17 to OSU.

thrawn

Reaction score
Purdue was a dumb weird loss with penalties and some bad calls.

I think they beat Northwestern if it wasn’t the 2nd game of the year, Brian needed to learn that Petras is not good enough to throw 50 passes. Ideally he would have learned that in an ugly 24-12 win over Ball State Instead of a game against a West opponent.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They're better than average. They have a really good defense and a competent QB who can make some plays. Probably will be 8-0 and lose by 13-17 to OSU.
They're alright. But Iowa should have fucking beat them easily had Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz and petras not shit their pants.

Last year's Iowa offense would have barnstormed them but somehow we ended up with one of the biggest pee pants in college football playing QB this year. Petras must have learned from the best.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Watching the end of the Penn State game and seeing the pics in the locker room of Ferentz emotional and celebrating his 100th Big Ten win is making me pretty fucking angry again at the shit that happened this summer and the players that handled it like shit.

Kirk is a great human being. Those players tried to tear him apart and the media that was complicit in helping them should be ashamed of themselves. I fucking hate all of them.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Too early for this, but can't sleep and this season doesn't really count anyways.

2021 Iowa Football will be interesting. If they can figure out QB, should be a really good and tough team.

RB/FB - Goodson, IKM and Williams are a really good combo. Pottebaum is great.
TE - Should be really strong here with La Porta and a ton of talent. Would like to see a few of them play this year still.
OL - Jackson and Banwart are gone, but as long as Linderbaum stays they should be really solid again. I would guess Kallenberger and Plumb at tackle, Ince and Britt at guard (along with Schott) and Linderbaum at center. That is a bunch of ass kickers.
WR - lose ISM and Smith but still have Tracy/Rigatoni/Jones and the new guys like Vines and others. Still pretty damn good.

DL - Gholston/Van Valkenburg are gone and don't see how Nixon possibly returns. Seems like a ton and it is, but much like this year I think they can re-load. Making sure that Helfin plays another year is huge. Shannon is solid. Evans, Waggoner, Black, Craig, Lee, Lorbeck and others can fill in and emerge.
LB - Niemann/Wade gone but a ton of talent remaining with Campbell/Jacobs and you have Benson and Colbert back.
CB - Hankins is gone, but he is pretty mediocre this year and everyone else is back. They are loaded here. Brents and Moss will be the starters with good backups behind them.
DB - Everyone is back. Koerner/Merriweather/Belton will play the most.

Figure out the QB and try to grab another grad transfer on the defensive line.

The schedule is sort of a bitch though. First game is against a good Indiana team that brings everyone back (Iowa will likely play them next month and have a good idea how they will do against them) and the second game is against Iowa State in Ames. My guess is Iowa State finally beats Iowa as they bring back essentially their entire offense including Purdy/Kolar/Hall. They do lose a lot of their defense though.

Iowa State fans will be absolutely out of control on the hype train going into next year, especially if they beat Texas next week and finish this year strong and make the Big XII Championship game. It will make the 2019 game hype look like nothing, which if Iowa can win, would make it the sweetest victory maybe ever in the series.

Also have to go @Northwestern, @Nebrantska and @Wisconsin to end the season.

Won't be shocked if they start slow next year but finish really strong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Watching the end of the Penn State game and seeing the pics in the locker room of Ferentz emotional and celebrating his 100th Big Ten win is making me pretty fucking angry again at the shit that happened this summer and the players that handled it like shit.

Kirk is a great human being. Those players tried to tear him apart and the media that was complicit in helping them should be ashamed of themselves. I fucking hate all of them.
@RobHowe

CamelTones

Reaction score
They're alright. But Iowa should have fucking beat them easily had Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz and petras not shit their pants.

Last year's Iowa offense would have barnstormed them but somehow we ended up with one of the biggest pee pants in college football playing QB this year. Petras must have learned from the best.
They’re 5-0 and just held Wisconsin to 7 points.

No one is barnstorming them outside of Ohio State. Iowa scored the exact same amount of points against a much worse NW team last year as they did this year. I don’t think people appreciate how good their defense is.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Yea but that’s Twitter. It mostly gives people who want to have opinions on things they know nothing about a voice.

CamelTones

Reaction score
98% of the people that tweet things like that have <50 followers and even fewer friends.