**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Updated Sagarin Rankings are out. Iowa checking in #3. Massey has Iowa @ #14 fwiw.

peace

Screenshot_20201122-114846.png

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
98% of the people that tweet things like that have <50 followers and even fewer friends.
I can find you lots of people that are just as stupid with thousands of followers and many friends.

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s hard to make much of the computers this year. I usually favor the, but the B10, SEC, P12, MAC, and MWC are closed systems. The ACC and Big 12 only had one nonconference game. It’s impossible to make valid comparisons between leagues.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Bowl Games still seem to be, at the moment, going forward for most of them. It sounds like the key difference this year will be that instead of flying in a week before and practicing on site and attending different team events that it will be structured more like a normal regular season game where you fly in maybe the day before and play it like you would any neutral/road game.

Still a lot of season to go, but for at the moment I have seen Iowa projected in the Duke Mayo Bowl in Charlotte against North Carolina.

If Iowa can run the table including beating Indiana they could end up at 7-2 and in the Citrus Bowl against someone like Georgia.

thrawn

Reaction score
Bowl Games still seem to be, at the moment, going forward for most of them. It sounds like the key difference this year will be that instead of flying in a week before and practicing on site and attending different team events that it will be structured more like a normal regular season game where you fly in maybe the day before and play it like you would any neutral/road game.

Still a lot of season to go, but for at the moment I have seen Iowa projected in the Duke Mayo Bowl in Charlotte against North Carolina.

If Iowa can run the table including beating Indiana they could end up at 7-2 and in the Citrus Bowl against someone like Georgia.
other than the somewhat embarrassing title sponsor I wouldn’t mind the Charlotte game just to get an ACC opponent for variety. They only have 20 games against ACC teams ever and a lot of those were against Miami/Pitt/Syracuse before they even joined. They’ve never played someone like UNC or VT and barely have played NC State

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
other than the somewhat embarrassing title sponsor I wouldn’t mind the Charlotte game just to get an ACC opponent for variety. They only have 20 games against ACC teams ever and a lot of those were against Miami/Pitt/Syracuse before they even joined. They’ve never played someone like UNC or VT and barely have played NC State
If they aren't in the Citrus Bowl, agree with that. Playing an ACC team in Charlotte would be nice.

ESPN also has a projection of the Guaranteed Rate Bowl (the old Insight Bowl in Phoenix) against Kansas State. No thanks on that.

thrawn

Reaction score
This shit pisses me off because my favorite thing about bowl season is getting to play teams you rarely if ever get to play. Iowa plays Iowa State every year. Let it go for 1 year.
there‘s such a disconnect between the local media people and fans on this. They all thought people would do double game trips in Orlando or Nashville/Memphis, too.

Iowa the last three bowls has played BC, Mississippi State, and USC. That’s 100 times more fun than Iowa State again.

Last edited:

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
6-2 Iowa gets a really nice bowl.
5-3 Iowa gets one mention above.

Reaction score
If they aren't in the Citrus Bowl, agree with that. Playing an ACC team in Charlotte would be nice.

ESPN also has a projection of the Guaranteed Rate Bowl (the old Insight Bowl in Phoenix) against Kansas State. No thanks on that.
Iowa would bitch slap K St.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
So Monster, Fro, Mr Hawk, and Bl Lardo all bounced huh

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I heard they went to spoco when they arrived and decided it wasn’t the best environment for his mom.

Reaction score
I think BYU was still in play, but he was coming here to visit the weekend before signing day.
  1. Petras visited the weekend of Dec 9/10, 2017
  2. Wilson's visit to Iowa, scheduled for the next weekend (Dec 16/17), was canceled on either the 14th or the 15th because "Iowa got a QB commit."
  3. Petras announced his commitment on Friday, 12/15 and signed on 12/20.

Edit: I fixed the timing based on the 2018 Recruiting thread.

Last edited:

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Wilson was fucking heated when Iowa called and cancelled his visit. I believe they were in the airport about to board the plane.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
No notion of attempting to get a big play and be a douche after AC's celebration? Then when it backfired making up some bullshit?

You are probably right, but college football seems to be less courteous than ever. Even Kirk is being a douche sometimes these days.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I love how a couple players celebrated the safety like they were right back in the game.

thrawn

Reaction score
The Virginia trick play reminds me of Mansell’s only Iowa moment (go to 9:35)

Reaction score
Iowa checks in at 24 and ISU 13 in the college football playoff rankings. I’m going to LOL when the Hawks finish ahead of the Clones in the final standings.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Iowa checks in at 24 and ISU 13 in the college football playoff rankings. I’m going to LOL when the Hawks finish ahead of the Clones in the final standings.
Only cuz of Barta!!!!!