**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I feel like I could watch any random CFP football rankings show from the last 6 years and i would have no idea what season they were discussing. They are all the same.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I feel like I could watch any random CFP football rankings show from the last 6 years and i would have no idea what season they were discussing. They are all the same.
It's pretty much Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and one other team being discussed. Mostly Oklahoma but sometimes Oregon or Georgia or Notre Dame.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Is this true?
Yeah and we talked about it earlier today. If Ohio State can't play next week against Michigan State, they are ineligible for the Big Ten Championship game as they would have only 5 games played at best.

If that happens, then the Big Ten Championship game is going to be Northwestern vs. Indiana and the secondary game will be Ohio State vs. the winner of Wisconsin/Iowa game.

If Iowa loses, they would play Maryland, Rutgers or Michigan. If Wisconsin loses, they would play Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan State or Penn State.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Northwestern is going to choke on a pretzel and lose their last two. Iowa's playing Indiana.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Northwestern is going to choke on a pretzel and lose their last two. Iowa's playing Indiana.
If Minnesota really had 20 players out this week, then there is no way they play that game in Minneapolis next Saturday. NW is then given the title game by default.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lol. That would first require Spencer Petras to actually play well in the face of the Wisconsin 3-4 defense screaming up the field at him play after play.

Maybe it will happen, but good luck with that.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
If Minnesota really had 20 players out this week, then there is no way they play that game in Minneapolis next Saturday. NW is then given the title game by default.
Supposedly up to 40 now. Article linked below. Be interesting if Northwestern/Michigan State would entertain a rematch. If not, Northwestern eliminates Iowa from the West by not playing. Wisconsin could still win the West by winning out and Northwestern losing to Illinois.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Supposedly up to 40 now. Article linked below. Be interesting if Northwestern/Michigan State would entertain a rematch. If not, Northwestern eliminates Iowa from the West by not playing. Wisconsin could still win the West by winning out and Northwestern losing to Illinois.

Wisconsin can “win the west,” but they aren’t eligible for the title game.

CamelTones

Reaction score

The last article I saw said 20 players and 20 staff members for a total of 40.

Their entire roster and coaching staff shoved the same oar up their asses after a gift of a win against Purdue.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Minnesota officially canceled for this weekend. Northwestern wins the west.

What happens if NW can't play due to an outbreak? Is it next team up?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
You realize he isn't Petras right? If anything else this could show Ferentz might be willing to move on

CamelTones

Reaction score
How does the staff sell it though?

‘Hey our starter is returning, he sucks but he knows the offense so you’ll compete with him.’

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
How does the staff sell it though?

‘Hey our starter is returning, he sucks but he knows the offense so you’ll compete with him.’
The swag surfing locker room vids.

CamelTones

Reaction score
John Waggoner has missed the last 3 games but is expected back this week. I assume he was out with Covid then.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Could someone explain the scoring at the end of that? They tied the game at 41 in the second overtime...then won it 43-41 in the 6th OT? Even the announcer called it the 6th OT. Neither team scored in the 3rd, 4th or 5th OT? I assume the score should have been 47-41. I’m fucking lost.

thrawn

Reaction score
Could someone explain the scoring at the end of that? They tied the game at 41 in the second overtime...then won it 43-41 in the 6th OT? Even the announcer called it the 6th OT. Neither team scored in the 3rd, 4th or 5th OT? I assume the score should have been 47-41. I’m fucking lost.
5th OT and beyond is just 2-point attempts now. Each team missed FGs in 3OT and 4OT and then missed the 2-point in 5OT.

I think they changed the rule after the LSU/A&M game a few years ago.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Just think if Patterson added a spin move running from ghosts in the pocket like Petras. He would be unstopable.