**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I'm not sure a person can smell enough on a Greyhound to actually stand out from the other smell. It would probably require shitting your pants and then smearing it on your clothes, and then farting.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I'm not sure a person can smell enough on a Greyhound to actually stand out from the other smell. It would probably require shitting your pants and then smearing it on your clothes, and then farting.
took a Greyhound from Dubuque to Ft Lauderdale during spring break in high school. You meet the real people on Greyhound...

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Ugh, mark Shawnee down as believing 2020 is it for Kirk.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kirk is healthy, and appears to have survived the racist label. He’s always going to be pissed over the summer shit but time will help alleviate some of the sting.

Besides coaching, what else is Kirk going to do over the next 3-5 years? He’d be bored out of his mind and he knows it.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Kirk is healthy, and appears to have survived the racist label. He’s always going to be pissed over the summer shit but time will help alleviate some of the sting.

Besides coaching, what else is Kirk going to do over the next 3-5 years? He’d be bored out of his mind and he knows it.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
The draw is Hawkeye sports, not the brilliant writing of the reporter. Of course they hired someone cheap.
It’s hard to report on events without the knowledge or experience to put them in historical context. Newsrooms full of 22 year olds are why we can’t get decent coverage of our local and state government. I’d like to think that they’d at least invest in the part of the operation that generates what little revenue they make anymore.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s hard to report on events without the knowledge or experience to put them in historical context. Newsrooms full of 22 year olds are why we can’t get decent coverage of our local and state government. I’d like to think that they’d at least invest in the part of the operation that generates what little revenue they make anymore.
1608759277513.jpeg

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s college football coverage at a mid-sized newspaper; someone who is decently smart and hungry is a good fit. She went to Texas and has a masters’ from Northwestern. So, I assume she’s reasonably intelligent, and she seems excited for the role. What you don’t want is a Randy sycophant type or a guy like Morehouse who is just bitter.

Last edited:

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Unless you've watched the games for twenty years in a crowded booth with Mike Hlas farting in his sleep next to you, I'm not sure you're qualified to write about Iowa's 56-10 season opening rout of Akron.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Anyone who shits on young writers who work hard and have some talent are fools. I mean, this isn't similar for the most part of course, but Woodward and Bernstein were in their 20's when they broke Watergate.

The problem in reporting is more often than not stagnation or people that keep their job just because they have been there a long time. The entirety of the Iowa beat writers seem to be exactly that. Dochterman is maybe the only one to show any real drive among the old guard, but that is mostly because he's been fired 3 times and this is his last chance to keep a job and retire at it.

Eckholdt has been running circles around all the older guys.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
That’s super not the reason.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Morehouse got replaced by a female redhead Jewish Texan. did not have that on my bingo card.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
So does this mean he’s not playing in the bowl game?