**Official 2020 Iowa Football Season Thread**

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I heard a rumor a couple weeks ago that hankins was planning to return and this was what prompted brents to leave.
Could have also known that Iowa was in a good spot to land the UNI transfer. Or maybe he was just pissed off that he was behind a LATFG

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Kakert said he thinks Linderbaum will be back. Tough to come back when you’d be the top center off the board though

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Kakert said he thinks Linderbaum will be back. Tough to come back when you’d be the top center off the board though
It’s not a given that he would be. There are several highly regarded center prospects this year. OU has a guy in particular that is also considered an early 2nd round guy. Linderbaum might be better off coming back and entering the draft in a year that the center class is not quite as deep at the top.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I take it back. Hankins is gone. Brents should have stayed.

Last edited:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Came in with hype but didn’t exactly show that he was “really good” on the field.
I would say what he showed starting a handful of games as a true freshman was really good. And based on what Phil had said about him this year indicates he was on the right track.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I would say what he showed starting a handful of games as a true freshman was really good. And based on what Phil had said about him this year indicates he was on the right track.
He likely would have contributed going forward and (probably) improved, but his performance to this point isn’t something I’m upset about losing. He was a penalty waiting to happen on special teams and his tackling and run support were not good.

Reaction score
He likely would have contributed going forward and (probably) improved, but his performance to this point isn’t something I’m upset about losing. He was a penalty waiting to happen on special teams and his tackling and run support were not good.
He was good enough that I now have him in my All-4-Star secondary, along with Cedric Everson, Diauntae Morrow and Dallas Craddieth.:)

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
It’s not a given that he would be. There are several highly regarded center prospects this year. OU has a guy in particular that is also considered an early 2nd round guy. Linderbaum might be better off coming back and entering the draft in a year that the center class is not quite as deep at the top.
If Linderbaum can put on 15 more pounds and remain as effective it'd probably help his draft stock. Not sure if he can carry that extra weight. Looking at every center taken in the first round in the last decade, most are in the 305 to 320 range. None are below 300.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
If Linderbaum can put on 15 more pounds and remain as effective it'd probably help his draft stock. Not sure if he can carry that extra weight. Looking at every center taken in the first round in the last decade, most are in the 305 to 320 range. None are below 300.
He absolutely needs to put on weight. Watching him at iowa he looks small at center. He’s obviously incredibly talented and competent. Hope he comes back, think he’ll go.

thrawn

Reaction score
It is not. He'd be 24 years old early next season, so he's probably just ready to move on.
Right. Even if you’re on scholarship, you’re giving up earning years doing anything else. Unless you have a specific plan for a grad degree it makes sense.

Reaction score
James Butler got pre-season carries, practice squad time and did well in the XFL, so Mekhi needn't throw in his towel quite yet.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't think we've heard if Barrington wade or Djimon colbert will be back?