**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Reaction score
Yea but who knows how good Maryland will be and Indiana hasn’t been a cake walk in a long time

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I was only 10 at the time but I remember seeing the score of the Iowa-NW game in 1995 and not believing it. I know they were good, but I didn’t want to live in a world where Iowa actually lost to NW. Up to that point in my life Iowa had never lost to ISU or NW.

Looking at the 1995 results, wtf happened in that Illinois game? Illinois was 5-5-1 that year and won 26-7 in Kinnick.
I was at that fucking game, and it was miserable. We were favoured in what was supposed to be a low scoring affair.

It was for us.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
#3 interior lineman in the country

3. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa

Linderbaum started his career along the defensive line at Iowa before quickly taking to the center position for the Hawkeyes. After making the switch after his freshman season, Linderbaum earned an 81.7 overall grade in his very first year at center. His get-off is as good any center in the country, and he does some incredible work in space.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Sounds like the serial killer from FL is coming to Iowa, so center is in good shape.

Last edited:

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
Dipshit "fans" are thick on Twitter declaring that if players kneel they will abandon Ferentz and the team.

Fuck them. Spoiler alert, every single team is going to kneel this fall.
Please god post some.

I wonder how many of those fans threatening to abandon went to Iowa, let alone any college.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I can’t figure out what the former players on Twitter are trying to say.

Tyler Barnes is liking a lot of these tweets. Are they saying just the state is racist or are they saying the coaches can be racist? This is all from the James Daniels tweeting about the entire team kneeling.

Reaction score

Tyler Barnes is liking a lot of these tweets. Are they saying just the state is racist or are they saying the coaches can be racist? This is all from the James Daniels tweeting about the entire team kneeling.
I think they're simply pointing out that things regarding race can be better...which is no different than any other group or organization. I'm sure there are cliques on the team (and every other team) and players who have never spent any time with members of another race and have a hard time understanding where they are coming from. I don't think Rafael and James are saying things zre bad in the Iowa locker room. I think most of us know that probably not true. They just want some of these issues to be openly discussed and confronted...it can only lead to a stronger culture and program.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score

I don't see that as a knock on Iowa, more of him saying Iowa players want to be part of making a statement too.

Charles

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

I take it as the state is racist.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

They seem to be saying the fanbase is full ignorami.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
Is it all that crazy to think that young black men from different parts of the country might have had some uncomfortable experiences over 4-5 years in Iowa City? I don't see that as an overall knock on the state or the program. Just take him at his word that they love it and want it to be better.

Charles

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Which posters are going to cancel their tickets due to this?

Reaction score
Just imagine, it’s very likely that NoLook wouldn’t even be close to the most racist Hawkeye fan.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's even less than the number of Cedar Falls residents who totally canceled their Des Moines Register subscriptions after the Carson King stuff.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
I don't see that as a knock on Iowa, more of him saying Iowa players want to be part of making a statement too.
I think what he is saying is 2 parts....

- Iowa and Iowan's are nice but they also white and hickish

- Iowa Football Program is great but it is very regimented and not open to letting players express themselves in times like this. He sees it as a positive if that part of the culture changes.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Kirk did have a somewhat controversial comment yesterday when he said he didn’t believe the sports arena is the place for this expression to happen.

You can’t really make that comment then also wear an ANF sticker and put the flag in the TigerHawk.

(These are not my arguments)

Reaction score
We always seem to attract dorks and I’m fine with it given the results (this is obviously more apparent in basketball, but football has its share as well).

Reaction score
Last nights Hawk Central show that Leistikow does was really good. Kelvin Bell was the guest, and did a great job communicating his perspective

Reaction score
My only qualm with what Kirk wants the players to do regarding the anthem is the need for 'unity.'

Imagine you are a player that feels kneeling for the anthem is a respectful call for racial justice. Should that player be forced to stand because he was outvoted?

Now say you feel doing anything but standing at attention during your nation's anthem is disrespectful. Should you be forced to kneel because most of your teammates disagree?

That's not unity, it's the illusion of unity and will lead to harder feelings. Let players decide as individuals, it's not going to hurt team chemistry or some other bullshit weirdo coaching concern.

Mostly moot, as I'd imagine it'll be damn near unanimous to kneel.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
Don't forget how many Iowa Football players (and wrestlers) showed up to suck off Trump at a visit in 2016 giving him an Iowa jersey with TRUMP on the back and was led by multiple captains on the team including Beathard. All of them were white of course.

I'm guessing that didn't sit well with other players at the time and certainly not now.

Reaction score
My only qualm with what Kirk wants the players to do regarding the anthem is the need for 'unity.'

Imagine you are a player that feels kneeling for the anthem is a respectful call for racial justice. Should that player be forced to stand because he was outvoted?

Now say you feel doing anything but standing at attention during your nation's anthem is disrespectful. Should you be forced to kneel because most of your teammates disagree?

That's not unity, it's the illusion of unity and will lead to harder feelings. Let players decide as individuals, it's not going to hurt team chemistry or some other bullshit weirdo coaching concern.

Mostly moot, as I'd imagine it'll be damn near unanimous to kneel.
I appreciate this viewpoint, but disagree completely with it. I really like that Kirk is pushing that they entire team to it, together, and that is exactly what unity and being part of a team is. You give up some of yourself in order to be on a team, that's what makes strong teams strong. My hope is that they talk, discuss, debate, and leave that conversation stronger than they entered it, and there are very few people I would rather have leading young people through that sort of conversation than Ferentz. And if some don't like what is decided, and it is that important to them...there are programs all over that will let them do what they want, they should go find one of those.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Yeah I hope Kirk walks back those comments. I get it, all coaches want control, but you need to adapt to the times and climate

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
That was also around the timeframe when the Kaepernick controversy started. I'd be curious what discussions occurred between black Hawkeye players and the coaching staff regarding kneeling.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Don't forget how many Iowa Football players (and wrestlers) showed up to suck off Trump at a visit in 2016 giving him an Iowa jersey with TRUMP on the back and was led by multiple captains on the team including Beathard. All of them were white of course.

I'm guessing that didn't sit well with other players at the time and certainly not now.

I don’t remember, was it considered to be racist at that point?

CamelTones

Reaction score
Lol just thinking about it. The University of Iowa invited him to the Field House. There’s no way he was considered racist at the time.

CamelTones

Reaction score
he was eight months into Mexican immigrants are rapists and years into birthering
I doubt college kids paid that much attention to his opinions to that point other than knowing who he was, he was a candidate and was coming to campus.

Reaction score