**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Reaction score
For anyone who gives a shit about the future of the game and how tackling is changing, here is a good read from 2015.

Iowa bought fully into this around the time of the article and it’s no coincidence that almost no Iowa players have been ejected for targeting in the last few years.

The OSU targeting call was a discipline breakdown. Period. He decided that the enjoyment of celebrating a big hit was more important than tackling using the technique he was taught. You can waste your time bitching about the rule, but he made the decision.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
For anyone who gives a shit about the future of the game and how tackling is changing, here is a good read from 2015.

Iowa bought fully into this around the time of the article and it’s no coincidence that almost no Iowa players have been ejected for targeting in the last few years.

The OSU targeting call was a discipline breakdown. Period. He decided that the enjoyment of celebrating a big hit was more important than tackling using the technique he was taught. You can waste your time bitching about the rule, but he made the decision.
@AZmess thought Geno should have been ejected from a game this year for targeting. Can't remember which game it was though.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Nope that was you. You’re misremembering

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I know a dude who is well connected. Epenesa and Wirfs are strongly considering returning. Both guys love Iowa and feel like they can be top 5 next year. We’ll see what happens

Last edited:

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
The longer this takes the more I like the chances of one or both staying.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
The longer this takes the more I like the chances of one or both staying.
I may be misremembering, but didn’t Hochenson wait until last minute to announce?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I was at the game and I side with AZ and Gus just to spite you.

Reaction score
I know a dude who is well connected. Epenesa and Wirfs are strongly considering returning. Both guys love Iowa and feel like they can be top 5 next year. We’ll see what happens
AJ....not coming back.

Wirfs...???

I don't think AJ will even be enrolled 2nd semester.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Anyone holding out hope they're staying needs to wake up. They're gone and deservedly so. They were great while they were here

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Anyone holding out hope they're staying needs to wake up. They're gone and deservedly so. They were great while they were here
Morehouse “reported” like the day after the holiday bowl that two guys for sure were leaving early and they were “the two you would expect.” While I do think they both go it is a bit interesting that neither has announced yet if they really have known all along.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
But here’s the deal. It’s not about “waking up.” Good players and even first round draft picks do occasionally decide to stay in college. God forbid fans hold out hope that their two best players come back, especially when there is credible chatter around the program that they are strongly considering it.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
The TurdMan thing is so original!! And lol at “get over it”

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Cedrick Lattimore just posted on Instagram that he’s going pro.

What?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I read it now. He is simply doing his "thank you" post after his Senior year.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Lol. He's a Senior, I would bet he is joking.
I get that. It was funny that he ended it with “I’m ready for the NFL” like he was announcing and he probably had a few people double taking after a few beers into the NC.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Would have been nice if they would have been able to redshirt him.

Lattimore, Gholston, Nixon would have looked nice returning up front.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
A pretty shitty FCS team too. They were one of his only offers coming out of high school though. Not to play the "we didn't want him anyway" game but he really wasn't much of a recruit. Petras, Padilla, and Hogan weren't necessarily all world recruits or anything but the difference in offer list is pretty stark. He was barely getting FBS interest much less P5.
Hogan is a 4 star with 12 offers including Georgia, Tennessee, and Baylor. And he pretty much stopped getting offers when he committed super early.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hogan is a 4 star with 12 offers including Georgia, Tennessee, and Baylor. And he pretty much stopped getting offers when he committed super early.
I would've sworn I read somewhere that Hogan got a Clemson offer after he committed.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Iowa was ranked start to finish, right? How often has that happened for the Hawks?