**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Bob

Reaction score
Did AJ eat this guys lunch in '18?
One sack and 1.5 tackles. I assume he was getting more pressure than that but it wasn't anything too ridiculous that I can remember, and he beat lots of otherwise good players.

Bob

Reaction score
If that guy is good and healthy and can play LT, then you can keep Kallenberger inside another year.
He's not gonna play LT either way with Jackson since apparently playing on the right side completely fucks Jackson up, but yeah it's fine. Just not where I'd expect them to go looking in the transfer market, but if he reached out to them I could see it being one of those things that's too good to pass up.

Hopefully they're hitting the dline transfer market hard too, especially end. That and punter are the two most obvious spots to plug in a grad transfer. I don't think they're really expecting anything out of the NDSU punter since he was a backup there and is walking on.

Last edited:

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Gersonde is basically done right? Or was it just a torn ACL?

Bob

Reaction score
Gersonde is basically done right? Or was it just a torn ACL?
I don't think he's for sure done but he hasn't kicked in a year and everyone who covers the team talks about him like he's done. He also couldn't beat out Rastetter when he was healthy so I would think they'd be trying to upgrade either way

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He's not gonna play LT either way with Jackson since apparently playing on the right side completely fucks Jackson up, but yeah it's fine. Just not where I'd expect them to go looking in the transfer market, but if he reached out to them I could see it being one of those things that's too good not to pass up.

Hopefully they're hitting the dline transfer market hard too, especially end. That and punter are the two most obvious spots to plug in a grad transfer. I don't think they're really expecting anything out of the NDSU punter since he was a backup there and is walking on.
Sorry, I meant RT.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Lol. Posters on the other site are "fine" with Cronk coming in. Think he can add "depth". He'll have to earn a starting spot though.

douglasbader

Reaction score
That is fucking great if they were able to add him as a starting right tackle.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Work in some motion (like they have been) and some of the 9ers outside run game.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That certainly softens the loss of Wirfs a bit! Lose a first round pick but add a guy who has been the starting LT in the I am a giant douche for every game of his career. Don't fuck it up Polasek.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This has to be a devastating loss for Indiana right? It looked like he was a huge part of the team, and I don't just mean his playing time. They sent him to media days last year.

Now that I think about it, Kirk sent Toren Young last year. Maybe he knew he was done after this season?

Reaction score
So envious of their run game. And they are doing it with no name backs
They aren't random dudes though, they all have elite speed including Jerick McKinnon who is on IR. You don't even have a chance at their roster if you are an offensive skill player who runs worse than 4.4.

Bob

Reaction score
Coleman was a great college player and has always been a pretty good NFL back but he's not really a big name unless you play fantasy. And Mosert was legitimately just a guy off the scrap heap.

Their passing game and running game build off each other so well and they do a ton of presnap motion and misdirection. Kyle Shanahan teams are really fun to watch. Other than calling a lot of outside zone it's way different from what we do, but definitely something Brian should be trying to learn from

Last edited:

Monster

Reaction score
So, MK slides over to LG?

LT: Jackson
LG: MK
C: Linderbaum
RG: Scooter
RT: Cronk
I hate to bring up the other site again, but there are a significant number of dipshits over there who continue to state that Cronk will add depth but might not start. They point to his PFF grades for the few games he played last year as one of the reasons why. Then someone posted a picture and a few posters decided he has shitty technique based on that. A still fucking picture. Some of the same guys were taking a shit on him based on a couple videos they saw. Bad hand placement, too upright, leads with his head, etc. Lol. I've tried to help them. I pointed out that unless his ankle doesn't heal properly he's going to start, and that he wouldn't have signed with a school just to sit on the bench. That he likely received some assurances. Nope. He's going to have to compete for a job like everyone else.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I hate to bring up the other site again, but there are a significant number of dipshits over there who continue to state that Cronk will add depth but might not start. They point to his PFF grades for the few games he played last year as one of the reasons why. Then someone posted a picture and a few posters decided he has shitty technique based on that. A still fucking picture. Some of the same guys were taking a shit on him based on a couple videos they saw. Bad hand placement, too upright, leads with his head, etc. Lol. I've tried to help them. I pointed out that unless his ankle doesn't heal properly he's going to start, and that he wouldn't have signed with a school just to sit on the bench. That he likely received some assurances. Nope. He's going to have to compete for a job like everyone else.
LOL. Of course he is going to have to compete, but maybe, just maybe his film is better than MK and our coaches could recognize that.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Monster: Don't respond to the Horsemen, guys. It's useless, they don't learn.

Also Monster:

I've tried to help them. I pointed out that unless his ankle doesn't heal properly he's going to start, and that he wouldn't have signed with a school just to sit on the bench. That he likely received some assurances. Nope. He's going to have to compete for a job like everyone else.

Monster

Reaction score
LOL. Of course he is going to have to compete, but maybe, just maybe his film is better than MK and our coaches could recognize that.
Yeah, I think some of those folks just have a different idea of what that means. To me, the coaches are going into this expecting him to start. They've seen him play and know he'd fit right in. The "compete" part comes into play if his ankle sucks, or if for some reason he quits working out and gets really out of shape, or develops a shitty attitude. Then he might not start. But otherwise, hes in there. Pretty similar to what could potentially happen to any other player.

I don't know if it's a pride thing that makes people want to shit all over this signing.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Wait you’re making fun of other posters when you actually believe he received some assurances and that he won’t have to compete for a job? It’s one thing to believe that, quite another to make fun of people for not believing such absurdities.

I realize halo is a safe space for guys who find groupthink protective, but get a hold of yourself dude!

Monster

Reaction score
He didn't transfer to sit, Fritz Fequeer. Of course he received assurances. I guarantee there were conversations, and while KF isn't the type to promise or guarantee a starting spot, Cronk was absolutely told there's a spot on the line available for him.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They must feel ok with what they have on the defensive line if this is the route they decided to go in the grad transfer market.

Monster

Reaction score
They must feel ok with what they have on the defensive line if this is the route they decided to go in the grad transfer market.
I don't think there's a limit.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It isn't MK he has to look better than. It is a redshirt freshman Britt, sophomore Ince or coming off an ACL tear Banwart.

Anyone that doesn't think this guy is most likely a lot better option for a year at tackle, they are morons.