**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kirk also values positional flexibility from his offensive lineman. So while Cronk may play tackle, he will also have practice reps at guard as well and be able to play the position. Good prep for the NFL

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
He didn’t even play last year....
That's true. But I think he'll be pretty good. Hes one of the best shot putters and discus thrower is in the nation in high school. He is a phenomenal talent.

Last edited:

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
That's true. But I think he'll be pretty good. Hes one of the best shot putters and discus thrower is in the nation in high school. He is a phenomenal lastly.
Speak English.

Monster

Reaction score
Fuckin voice to text. It wasn't even close.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Fritz probably believes there's a hoard of halo posters furiously masterbating with each other at the sculpture park after big wins too.
Used in front of the word masturbating is the best use of the word "furiously" in the English language. Gets me every time.

Bob

Reaction score
lol they're not gonna rely on the walk on FCS backup to punt just because he was good at the shot put, they're gonna try to get someone else to grad transfer. Kirk basically said as much at his presser during the whole national punting crisis riff and Phelps had already enrolled by that point

Monster

Reaction score
I just like him because he's good at the shot put and discus, guys. He was a walk on and a back up at NDSU. I think he should go out for track instead.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Nobody gives a fuck about shot put.

douglasbader

Reaction score
MK only wasn't starting because of age and they had him working mostly at tackle.

Now that he is older, stronger and spent time at guard he is going to be the better and healthier option. Banwart is a nice kid, but coming off an ACL and not all that talented isn't a good combo.

Reaction score
MK only wasn't starting because of age and they had him working mostly at tackle.

Now that he is older, stronger and spent time at guard he is going to be the better and healthier option. Banwart is a nice kid, but coming off an ACL and not all that talented isn't a good combo.
Banwart 100% is better than MK.

It's really hard to ever be 100% after an ACL.

It's kind of a dumb argument, they are both good, when healthy. Britt is the wildcard IMO. Super physical, strong, aggressive....but can't quite get it figured out. I'm not sure he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Monster

Reaction score
I actually agree with D4life94. Banwart, when healthy is very good. Maybe NFL good.

douglasbader

Reaction score

It's really hard to ever be 100% after an ACL.

It's kind of a dumb argument, they are both good, when healthy. Britt is the wildcard IMO. Super physical, strong, aggressive....but can't quite get it figured out. I'm not sure he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Lol on the Britt hot take. The fucking guy was a true freshman coming off a major injury.

Reactions: Bob

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Lol on the Britt hot take. The fucking guy was a true freshman coming off a major injury.
Every true freshman that played Oline under ferentz has been really good in their career. Britt will be the same. Mike Jones might have been the only one not drafted but I'm day drinking so my mind isn't clear.

Reaction score
Every true freshman that played Oline under ferentz has been really good in their career. Britt will be the same. Mike Jones might have been the only one not drafted but I'm day drinking so my mind isn't clear.
Already?

Way to attack the day.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

It's hard to ever be 100% after an ACL.

Bob

Reaction score
Would really love to see a detailed breakdown on why you think the kid who graduated early and played as a true freshman is actually secretly a dummy who can't handle the intellectual rigors of playing guard

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
It’s possible I’m just making this up, but I thought either BF or KF said Kallenberger was the best OL-man during bowl prep. He pretty clearly has a higher upside than Banwart and if he has truly turned the corner in his development, he’s going to be starting - the only question is whether at G or RT.

Bob

Reaction score
It’s possible I’m just making this up, but I thought either BF or KF said Kallenberger was the best OL-man during bowl prep. He pretty clearly has a higher upside than Banwart and if he has truly turned the corner in his development, he’s going to be starting - the only question is whether at G or RT.
He played every snap of the bowl game so he clearly did something to impress them during that practice period and is expected to be a big part of their future. Banwart is fine but I hope and think Kallenberger will earn a starting spot somewhere on the line.

I would also guess there's going to be some rotation everywhere expect LT and C regardless of who winds up starting.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Isn't schott under sized for a Big ten lineman? If anybody gets moved out of the starting lineup I could see it being him

Bob

Reaction score
Could move to dtackle?
They aren't going to move a guy who just started half a season at guard as a sophomore. I don't think he's necessarily guranteed a starting spot but they're obviously high on him, Kirk goes out of his way to praise him all the time.

Monster

Reaction score
He played every snap of the bowl game so he clearly did something to impress them during that practice period and is expected to be a big part of their future. Banwart is fine but I hope and think Kallenberger will earn a starting spot somewhere on the line.

I would also guess there's going to be some rotation everywhere expect LT and C regardless of who winds up starting.
Why do you "hope" Kallenberger starts? BTW, Banwart started and played every snap in the bowl game against Miss State.

I "hope" the best 5 guys start. If that MK, great. If it's CB, great. Maybe it's both.