**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Reaction score
As one who started a thread entitled "Time to start Goodson" (and ride him longer) during the week of the Minnesota game, I thought the staff handled that one very well.

Bob

Reaction score
I guess he was stuck behind a guy in the same class at center but still sucks to lose somehow who had cracked the depth chart at a fairly young age.

E: actually looks like it's not a playing time thing, he's just done with football

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He was low ranked with only MAC offers. I think he simply found out he wasn't going to play much and don't blame him for not wanting to go through all that shit another 3 years.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Was this nfl challenge thing televised?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I guess he was stuck behind a guy in the same class at center but still sucks to lose somehow who had cracked the depth chart at a fairly young age.

E: actually looks like it's not a playing time thing, he's just done with football

Looks like he's entering the real world

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Banwart and Britt can probably either play center if needed as well. So there's some short and long-term options at the position behind Linderbaum

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm almost certain I recall Jenkins having a sister who has a thotty instagram account or something to that effect.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I can't remember a name and don't have instagram. Surely someone here has the resources, time and abilities to get to the bottom of this.
I just searched Jenkins Lake Crystal and posted what I saw. I'm happy with the work I put in today.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Combine invites are out.

AJE
Wirfs
Geno
Fat Nate
OJ
I think they were the only ones expected from Iowa (Toren Young maybe had a slight chance) and all of them will get drafted.

Wirfs - Top 10
AJE - Top 15
Fat Nate - 3rd Round
OJ - 4th round
Geno - 5th round

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Wieting seemed like the most pedestrian (starting) TE at Iowa in Kirk's tenure.

But I guess thats still good enough to get a look.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Wieting seemed like the most pedestrian (starting) TE at Iowa in Kirk's tenure.

But I guess thats still good enough to get a look.
I thought he would be a lot better this year and get drafted, but yeah, he was mediocre at best.

Bob

Reaction score
I forgot you kept trying to argue he was going to get drafted like halfway through the season lol

He has 13 career catches despite starting most of the season for one of the most tight end friendly offenses in the country, he's only going to get a NFL look if someone wants to try turning him into a fullback or something. LaPorta didn't have a catch until week 8 and already has more career receptions

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
I forgot you kept trying to argue he was going to get drafted like halfway through the season lol

He has 13 career catches despite starting most of the season for one of the most tight end friendly offenses in the country, he's only going to get a NFL look if someone wants to try turning him into a fullback or something. LaPorta didn't have a catch until week 8 and already has more career receptions
It was prior to the season and wasn't exactly alone in that, but damn you got a boner every time you remembered it during the season.

RATT

douglasbader

Reaction score
Sorry, last time was on Sept. 8th and I thought he might make a roster while declaring LaPorta the next great Iowa TE.

You kept acting like I thought he was going to be a 1st round pick.

I think that both Weiting and Beyer will make NFL rosters, but LaPorta will be the next great Iowa TE.

Forgot about his recruiting story until tonight. Same sort of story as Hockensen.

Says something that Miamen came in as the much more heavily recruited TE but they already have LaPorta fully integrated in the plans right now while Miamen is going to redshirt.