**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I know it's his high school coach so it's going to be all positive, but this article made it move.

Edit: Also lol at the local Iowa sports writers when a guy who does a majority of recruiting coverage that they don't do, Blair Sanderson, beats them to the punch on this too.

Last edited:

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
Was Spencer there one that wanted to redshirt and not play right away?

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
I’m all in on Big Spence, but why was he going to Oregon State? Did he not have many offers?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I’m all in on Big Spence, but why was he going to Oregon State? Did he not have many offers?
He committed late and not sure how many of his listed offers were committable. 247 had listed his offers as the following....

Iowa
Oregon State
Cal
Colorado State
Fresno State
Hawaii
Louisville
Nevada
San Diego State
San Jose State
Syracuse
UNLV
Wyoming

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Clearly a West Coast Bias issue.

He looks like a combo of McNabb and Favre to me.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Clearly a West Coast Bias issue.

He looks like a combo of McNabb and Favre to me.
The ball jumps out of his hand. He appears to be slightly less athletic than Nate (somewhat knock kneed). I think he’s got the clangers to make up for it.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He looked 12 when he committed. I'm sure part of his improvement is just general physical maturity because he looks like a college QB now. I'm sure O'Keefe knew this as well because they turned down a couple other solid QBs late in favor of Petras.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Kirk is confident enough to not even really pretend it was a competition.

Apparently also it's PEE-triss. I think in my head I always said "Peh-tras".

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Kirk is a really good man, and Iowa is lucky that he feels the same way.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
What's up with the "position changes" thread at HROT? Come on, make this site worthwhile!

Bob

Reaction score
Logan Lee from DT to DE and Waggoner from DE to DT.

Lee is a big time athlete with great height. Could be another in the mold of Anthony Nelson.
Glad they moved Lee back outside. He would have been a good DT but seems like a waste of his athleticism and end is a bigger need at the moment. Think he has a good chance to start unless Joe Evans gains like 20 pounds this off-season. Could definitely see bumping him inside for certain pass rush situations like they did with AJE late in the year though.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Jake Gervase has been back and working out in Iowa City and claims Joe Evans is a freak from an athleticism/strength standpoint.

Bob

Reaction score
He's really good! He's just also 240 pounds. He will have a role, it would just ideally be more of a situational role.

Bob

Reaction score
Like Nate Meier, who incidentally would Captain my All-Underrated-Hawkeye squad.
Yeah exactly. Meier was very good for what he was but ideally he probably should not have been an every down player and the best pass rusher on the team

Reaction score
Too bad Meier couldn't have redshirted. Two years mostly on special teams, wasn't quite good enough as a junior and was very solid as a senior until his body became hamburger late in the year.

It would be great if Evans could hit 250-55 and retain speed.

Reaction score
In-laws just got back from a cruise. They said there was an older black couple with the man wearing hawkeye gear every night. After a couple nights, my FIL struck up a conversation and found out it was Kelton Copeland's parents. FIL said they were clearly very proud of Kelton and spoke very highly of the football program.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
In-laws just got back from a cruise. They said there was an older black couple with the man wearing hawkeye gear every night. After a couple nights, my FIL struck up a conversation and found out it was Kelton Copeland's parents. FIL said they were clearly very proud of Kelton and spoke very highly of the football program.
sorry to hear about your in-laws coronavirus