**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Reaction score
I kinda wonder how much development is lost with the Coronavirus shutting things down. No spring ball, assume they’re not lifting with Doyle etc.
If everyone cancelled....

Wouldn't be great for teams breaking in a new QB, though Petras has had two springs and falls to learn the offense. The young tight ends certainly could use the work and Cronk needs to get situated. Need to find a safety.

It looks like Minnesota could most easily hit the ground running offensively in the West. Wisconsin's Wisconsin. Nebrantska has a QB, RB & OL, but replacing receivers. Fitz doesn't get his QB until summer, anyway. Purdue will be fine.

Ohio State is on autopilot. Probably Penn State and Michigan, too. Our friends in East Lansing would suffer the most (awwww). Rutgers, with a new coach.

Process U from 515 needs to break in 3 new OL, but has QB, RB and TE-WR covered. Lots of defensive experience back; shouldn't be too hard to break in their new nose tackle.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Is the bigger fallout going to be potentially losing junior camps this summer?

Reaction score
Goodson is what every Iowa back should be. He makes the zone scheme boner blood flow.
I was gonna post that Goodson not tearing his ACL in spring ball would be a potential saving grace if it were to be cancelled. (*See Jewel Hampton. *See Jordan Canzeri.)

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
While organized team workouts have a schedule that the NCAA will dictate, it's the outside work these kids do that's in jeopardy (IMHO).

These kids work year around lifting and getting stronger. Not having access to Doyle and the weight facilities is important, and will be for every program. My daughter got the outdoor track season (she's a thrower) cancelled and she's home from school right now. Problem is, all the places she would normally lift are closed and she can't get in. So it's a setback to all athletes right now.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
They don't have access to the weight facilities, but there is access to Doyle. It may not be face to face contact, but there is contact.

The Big 12 wasn't allowing players to be sent workout/nutritional supplements in the mail. But, they were sent home with everything. They also weren't allowing face to face contact with strength coaches. I was told the BT didn't have that restriction, but it's obviously not happening anyways.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
When they come back from this there will be 2 groups of players. Those that stuck to the diet and stayed in shape either by doing basic things like pushups, sit-ups, body weight squats and sprints in their yards and those that either half asseit or did none of it.

There will be players that fans complain are not getting enough playing time and it should be pretty obvious why.

I believe the main reason the workout that caused rhabdo happened was because too many players had slacked off over winter break after the bowl game.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
If this old fart was motivated enough to set up a gym in my basement, I'd wager a gazillion dollars that every one of those kids has access to workout equipment of some fashion.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If this old fart was motivated enough to set up a gym in my basement, I'd wager a gazillion dollars that every one of those kids has access to workout equipment of some fashion.
I'd be shocked if they don't have access to their high school gym, local YMCA (fuck you @Jim !!!!) or found a way to get a squat rack, bench and other shit they need. The toughest thing is going to be 100lb+ dumbbells. Some of these guys need access up to 130lb dumbbells. That is really hard to find outside a college or pro training facility.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
There’s guys definitely going past 130 on dumb bells on that team

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
It doesn’t really matter at all like you said without access to a good gym like a golds that caters to power lifting it’s gonna be hard to find those types of dumb bells and heavier kettlebells

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
This isn't hard, you weirdos!

Check this out at Amazon.com
Ader Olympic Dumbbell Handles w/ Collars (Sold As a Pair) Amazon product

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
It doesn’t really matter at all like you said without access to a good gym like a golds that caters to power lifting it’s gonna be hard to find those types of dumb bells and heavier kettlebells
No matter what size I just hope they have access to gloves.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
At this point, yes. They won't have a choice.
I think the NCAA starting the fall practice window a couple of weeks earlier is a more likely option than players returning for anything organized this spring.
They're going to get to the beginning of April, and then wipe the whole spring.
NBA, MLB, NHL, Nothing is starting up until May. Probably more likely June or July.
Correct. But I also feel confident that nothing is starting April 6th. Schools aren't canceling the remainder of their calendars to then hold two months of practice for a fall sport.
Ballstrodomous

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It’s funny how most of the players Kirk has problems with reveal themselves to be jackasses. That said I doubt many are remotely surprised by this out of Wadley.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Listen, you could likely go after him for this claim, but maybe overlook it and give him a second chance. Maybe he ran into money problems or whatever but is at least responding.

If he fucks up again, then go after him.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Im not an autograph or memorabilia guy but Wadley is top 5 all time in rush yards and TD’s.
And he was electric. He was the entire offense in the Michigan upset game. What he did to their defense where most of those guys were drafted was incredible.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Listen, you could likely go after him for this claim, but maybe overlook it and give him a second chance. Maybe he ran into money problems or whatever but is at least responding.

He's responding because he doesn't want it to be escalated. It's a serious dick move and he deserves to get a ton of shit for it.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score

What if I want to go after him now? Who made you the boss?