**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
38 wins in 4 years and you were stabbed in the ass with a pitchfork as you were ran out of town, by your alma mater. Nebrantska.
Karma is a bitch. Not exactly the same but we found that out when we wanted Davis gone.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
So what do we think the D Line rotation is going to look like? Schulte doesn’t really excite me as a starter. Feels like Logan Lee is going to be awesome eventually, not sure it’s going to be this year.

Losing a guy like Epenesa is where the 4-3 is at its biggest disadvantage to the 3-4. You can replace an outside linebacker by scheming pressure, it’s almost impossible to replace a talent like AJ.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
So what do we think the D Line rotation is going to look like? Schulte doesn’t really excite me as a starter. Feels like Logan Lee is going to be awesome eventually, not sure it’s going to be this year.

Losing a guy like Epenesa is where the 4-3 is at its biggest disadvantage to the 3-4. You can replace an outside linebacker by scheming pressure, it’s almost impossible to replace a talent like AJ.
Gholston/VanValkenberg and Lee/Evans on the outside. Nixon / Waggoner / Schulte / Shannon inside. Then a surprise out of the true freshman like Yahya Black or Deonte Craig.

The D-Line is going to be pretty damn good, even without AJ.

Reaction score
I think that freshman group on the DL is going to end up being really good. Jones should also be able to play some as a true freshman.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Nathan Bazata wasn't exciting either but was fantastic in his role. Schulte isn't a hot name since he's an Iowa kid who had some injury issues earlier in his career. But he does a nice job. I'll be surprised if he's not a starter. They will rotate a lot like they did last year.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Nathan Bazata wasn't exciting either but was fantastic in his role. Schulte isn't a hot name since he's an Iowa kid who had some injury issues earlier in his career. But he does a nice job. I'll be surprised if he's not a starter. They will rotate a lot like they did last year.
They didn't rotate much last year until late in the year. 2018 is the year where they rotated all the time.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They didn't rotate much last year until late in the year. 2018 is the year where they rotated all the time.
I was thinking more of the interior guys rotation, i thought they played four pretty regularly. Outside obviously not much for rotation.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I was thinking more of the interior guys rotation, i thought they played four pretty regularly. Outside obviously not much for rotation.
The great thing is Iowa has 2 legit studs in Gholston and Nixon. I saw enough from Waggoner to think he is going to be pretty good inside as well. Shannon even was decent inside. The rest are unknown but the talent and work ethic is there.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Kirk Ferentz is going to be on the DP Show tomorrow. Found it interesting since he’s not usually in the national shows.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Kirk Ferentz is going to be on the DP Show tomorrow. Found it interesting since he’s not usually in the national shows.
He goes on most of the national shows about once or twice a year. He was on Golic and Wingo a few weeks ago.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
DP has been talking about Iowa the last few days because they are opening up camp earlier than anyone else. Talked about how Iowa is going to have an advantage because of their geographic location and population. About fucking time.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Watching highlights from the 2018 Minnesota game...I liked Stanley but man did he make some real head scratching decisions. The interception right before the end of the half leading to a Minnesota TD was inexcusable.

Later he held the ball in a collapsing pocket about 2 counts too long and got the ball stripped leading to another TD.

A solid college QB but he may have kept Iowa out of Indy at least once the last 2 years.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Watching highlights from the 2018 Minnesota game...I liked Stanley but man did he make some real head scratching decisions. The interception right before the end of the half leading to a Minnesota TD was inexcusable.

Later he held the ball in a collapsing pocket about 2 counts too long and got the ball stripped leading to another TD.

A solid college QB but he may have kept Iowa out of Indy at least once the last 2 years.
He was bad for 3/4 of the wisconsin game last year too. Good qb though, just with some obvious flaws.

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
Nate's biggest problem is he didn't have a real QB coach.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Nate was a poopy pants too often, mostly because his coaches never gave in to how to properly use him. There were some games he was great out of the huddle. There were too many where he would start to over-think and over-analyze and instead of getting him out of that thought pattern, they let him wallow in it.

When it was clear he was shitting himself (Penn State 2018 and multiple others) they needed to get him in hurry up tempo and out of the shotgun and let him fling it. When that happened, he was borderline brilliant.

He was a stud in his first road start late in the game at Iowa State. No huddle, 4 minute offense, scanning the field and letting the ball rip was what he thrived on. That continued all the way through when he was a Senior and he was incredible late in the Nebrantska game. Throws on a fucking dime. Perfect throws. Quick Decision making.

The worst he ever was is when they would huddle, he would scan the field for 10 seconds, point a bunch, and then snap the ball with 1 second on the clock.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I think Nate's biggest flaw was he was super fat

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Minnesota game is on my son's wedding day, assuming it still goes off as well. ftr, the wedding date was planned well before the Big Ten moved this game to a Friday night.
Well, I'm now free for the Minnesota game. Son's wedding is being postponed and rescheduled for July 10 (Saturday btw), 2021.

We'll see if this game still goes off for this date.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Well, I'm now free for the Minnesota game. Son's wedding is being postponed and rescheduled for July 10 (Saturday btw), 2021.

We'll see if this game still goes off for this date.
Hope she’s not one of those “saving it for marriage” type girls

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Hope she’s not one of those “saving it for marriage” type girls
You know what - you're not funny. Your "jokes" are juvenile at best. If you are so starved for attention that you believe your witty little one liners will achieve your goal, there is a better way. Head to a meat packing plant, take a big ol' breath in, then in a few days head to the doc. You'll get all the god damn attention you so badly need.

Keryk's views can be disgusting and vile. To joke about it is just as bad in my book. They were posts about engaged folks, dude - to throw a one liner like that out is incredibly poor taste.

So, in short - go fuck yourself you homebody douchebag.

CamelTones

Reaction score
There are examples of Iowa making dumb decisions on positions, most notably Shonn Greene at safety, but for the most part when they see a fit for someone it’s usually right.

Of course Vansumeran fell for the TE talk at Michigan. Just looking at photos of him he was always going to be a linebacker.

Forgot about Bruner. Did Iowa part with him because his options...yikes.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
NIU just had several players announce they will be grad transferring, including 6’4”, 320 pound DT Jack Heflin. He was 2nd team all-conference last year despite missing a few games, has had 16.5 TFL and 9 sacks the last two years, and apparently grew up an Iowa fan. Sign me the fuck up.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
NIU just had several players announce they will be grad transferring, including 6’4”, 320 pound DT Jack Heflin. He was 2nd team all-conference last year despite missing a few games, has had 16.5 TFL and 9 sacks the last two years, and apparently grew up an Iowa fan. Sign me the fuck up.
Iowa was in on him if I recall correctly

he didn’t get the attention he wanted

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Harris actually started the first game of the year for Indiana.