**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I will say that I’ve never seen a HS coach fawn over a player like Petras’ did. and that’s saying something

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Was there chatter before the public had a chance to watch him? I remember fans being excited about him as he was a highly rated guy out of high school.
There was a lot of chatter pre-season that he hadn’t looked very good in practice

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I think Petras will be good. With that said, have we ever “heard” not good things about a new starter in the off season?
Coaches seemed a little concerned about Stanley not taking control of the huddle heading into 2017.

thrawn

Reaction score
Jake C is the only 4-star QB to start for Iowa for Kirk, right? I think Wienke was a 4-star from some services, which, LOL.

Stanley: 3
Beathard: 3
Rudock: 3
Vandenberg: 2
Stanzi: 3
Christensen: 3
Tate: 3 (don't think he was 4 anywhere, but close)
Chandler: ? JUCO
Banks: ? JUCO
McCann ?
Mullen: ?
Beutjer: ?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

This is the 2020 starting QB. There may be a touch more personality than we've become accustomed to.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Heard today that all athletic staff between $50k-$75k will be taking a 5% cut, $75k-$150k will be taking a 10% cut and all above $150k will be taking a 15% cut starting July 1.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score

This is the 2020 starting QB. There may be a touch more personality than we've become accustomed to.
I like it! Unless he sucks. Then it's gonna piss me off big time.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Has he always looked like Joe Burrow or is that a new thing recently?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Heard today that all athletic staff between $50k-$75k will be taking a 5% cut, $75k-$150k will be taking a 10% cut and all above $150k will be taking a 15% cut starting July 1.
LOL if they don't do this on a marginal basis.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I’m not a member of The Athletic, so I cannot read the entire article, but these first few paragraphs make it move.

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Spencer Petras has a power forward’s body, a mama’s boy face and perhaps the most powerful right arm on Iowa’s campus in 30-plus years.

A redshirt sophomore, Petras epitomizes what a pro-style offense would want in a quarterback. At 6 feet 5 and 230 pounds, Petras has the requisite size and build for pocket passing. Then there’s his arm, which is so impressive one must constantly rewind Petras’ highlight reel to appreciate its capabilities.

There’s a play in high school where a pass rusher hits Petras from the blind side, only to have the quarterback bounce forward one step and fire a 60-yard pass for a touchdown.

There’s another when he stood at midfield on the left hashmark and threw a perfect strike along the right sideline for another score.

“He’s got a cannon for an arm,” said Minnesota Vikings quarterback Nate Stanley, who started for three seasons at Iowa.”

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score

thrawn

Reaction score
He has a strong arm
He likes football and his teammates that go on record like him
He wanted to go to Nebrantska for a while
KOK was miffed that his mom only got barbecue takeout when he visited
he is staying in Iowa, where we love freedom, instead of California, where you get arrested for going outside
He has a strong arm

Reaction score
also quite often in games, Iowa State and Ohio State the exceptions
The only thing more discouraging in the spring of '17 was the WR situation. Easley and Devonte Young (Vande still in rehab). We knew about Fant, but not much about TJ and I don't think he was shown much that night. Beyer got a lot of targets. We now look like Ohio State or LSU at that position comparatively. Toren Young was probably the bright spot that night. (Easley may not have had a carry.)