**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Is it dumb that when it comes to the secondary I always just view this as good news that someone else has emerged?
Hate to see guys leave. But as long as there isn't any scuttlebutt or other issues, it must be the writing on the wall. Someone has already passed them and they're not likely to see much playing time. So in the end, sad to see them go but overall likely good for the program.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn’t affect the Indianapolis pipeline that has been developing the last few years.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Could also be part of a growing trend of guys wanting to settle closer to home, post-covid.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
He was sort of a midget and wasn't going to start. Brents / Moss / Belton / Hankins and others all were ahead of him.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The secondary will be fine. With as many young guys as there were/are someone was bound to leave. Obviously you wish Johnson stayed, but there is more than enough talent and promise among the guys we have.

Who do we think the named starters are week 1? (Depth charts don’t matter!!!)

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
My preference:
Hankins
Brents
Belton at cash
Merriwether
Koerner
Moss plays nickel, even subbing in for one of Belton or Merriwether on obvious passing downs.

What I think happens:
Hankins
Moss
Brents/Belton at Cash
Belton
Koerner

Terry Roberts and Jermari Harris see PT.

Dallas Craddieth hopefully shows something to the coaches and starts pushing for PT but he seems like a completely forgotten player.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Fuck yeah!!

I love tackles that get TFL. This team can survive with hold-the-point ends on 1st and 2nd down if they can get more production at tackle. Evans can bring enough pass rush if he doesn’t have to play too many snaps.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
why not play for Iowa if you want to keep playing?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
rough for sure. With all that I'd be surprised he would want to move further away, unless of course he ends up at iowa state

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
View attachment 19432
Looks like he's in. Just posted by his sister (?)
He might play against Jeff Jenkins - whose down to Rutgers and some other small schools, Northern Illinois was among them. I can't find where I read it now.

Heflin is a huge addition to the DL. He and Nixon next to each other is going to be nice and the group is that much deeper.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
You haven't ever just wanted a change in scenery? It'll probably help him get more of a fresh start.
It is amazing how things a simple as smell or music or the color of buses can be linked to emotional memory. Routine also a big deal, obviously.

Reaction score
Best of luck to young Mr. Miller.

This kind of thing makes me appreciate Sean Welsh even more. I don’t remember any Iowa player talking openly about mental health struggles before him. He’s a great role model for others.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Best of luck to young Mr. Miller.

This kind of thing makes me appreciate Sean Welsh even more. I don’t remember any Iowa player talking openly about mental health struggles before him. He’s a great role model for others.
Definitely a great role model, but is he...... better than Ezra?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Definitely a great role model, but is he...... better than Ezra?
Not sure, but I couldn’t believe the quotes Miller came out with to Kakert regarding his first attempt at therapy.

My therapist said not to see her no more
Said you're like a disease without any cure
She said I'm so obsessed that I'm being coming a bore

Reaction score
So, did Iowa know his back problems were bullshit?
My guess would be the official reason on the restricted medical scholarship was the “mental health” reason, but he didn’t want to make it public so they worked out the “back” reason.

His first message seems to indicate he worked out the back story for public statement, and Iowa knew he was using that as his public story.

Edit: I re-read his second message and I can’t tell anymore. Either “mental health” was the official reason, or “back problems” were the official reason given after he lied to UofI.