**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I'm trying to be receptive to complaints that are outside my typical field of view, but there is nothing race-related in there. It's just a guy who didn't like his college program.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
I like how he cites Reggie Spearman, who was so obviously terrible that fucking UNI repeatedly targeted him on pass plays in '14, as an example of coaches targeting black players.

I loved Akrum's play at Iowa, and it's too bad he's turned into a whiny enabled punk. Doesn't mean he should be getting any airtime over this crap.
Funny he says Spearman was replaced by Josey Jewell, like it was racism. You know, consensus All American and two time 1st team all conference and current NFL player Josey Jewell..

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
I like how he cites Reggie Spearman, who was so obviously terrible that fucking UNI repeatedly targeted him on pass plays in '14, as an example of coaches targeting black players.

I loved Akrum's play at Iowa, and it's too bad he's turned into a whiny enabled punk. Doesn't mean he should be getting any airtime over this crap.
Don't forget he's also a thief.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Funny he says Spearman was replaced by Josey Jewell, like it was racism. You know, consensus All American and two time 1st team all conference and current NFL player Josey Jewell..
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, because it was racism that Spearman repeatedly and obviously blew assignments and gave up big plays.

The guy was a physical specimen but he never figured out that athleticism wasn't enough in the Big Ten - basically, he was Amani Jones without the team-first mentality.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, because it was racism that Spearman repeatedly and obviously blew assignments and gave up big plays.

The guy was a physical specimen but he never figured out that athleticism wasn't enough in the Big Ten - basically, he was Amani Jones without the team-first mentality.
The coaches hated him so much they kept letting him fuck up during actual games as a young player.

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wadley is a bitch. I bet I could even take his scrawny ass now.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I'm gonna jerk myself off over my playing days for a second, but if I could take this shit at a D3 school in bumfuck, Iowa, that just shows what giant bitches some of these guys are being.

Reaction score
Guess ESPN picked up...

What a load of shit. Wadley famously couldn't and wouldn't make weight, partied too much, and now has sour grapes about it. His complaint is basically that he had rules to follow and consequences if he didn't follow them. Like every player does. Like every adult does. Welcome to adulthood Wadley, fuckin' prick.

thrawn

Reaction score
Guys who were left Iowa and did anything notable elsewhere. Am I missing anyone?

Jake Rudock - Beathard was clearly betterfor Iowa, going to play for Harbaugh was good for him though
Cody Sokol - was #3 QB behind two guys who played in NFL. Respectable numbers at Louisiana Tech.
Nic Shimonek - redshirted behind two guys who played in NFL, would have been a decent backup. Decent numbers in TT's video game offense, probably better than Stanley in 2017. If he stays Nate probably redshirts in 2016?

Benny Sapp - was a controversial one at time. Made NFL out of UNI and had a nice run. They didn't exactly struggle without him, would have been nice to push Allen or Johnson to depth for a little longer I guess
James Cleveland - kicked out for good reason. huge numbers at Houston in Sumlin/Holgerson system. Would have liked for him to stay out of trouble here, although the WRs were really good (Brodell/McNutt/DJK/Stross/Sandemann) after he left
Derrick Willies - caught some passes as like the #5/6 WR at TT, short NFL career
Dezman Moses - pretty good at Tulane and bumped around NFL for a few years as a backup/ST player. Don't remember which LB spot he played, maybe an upgrade over Tarpinian/Nielsen in 2010? Definitely wouldn't have started ahead of Edds/Hunter/Angerer in 2009.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Rudock and Sapp are the only players I can remember that did anything of note.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Rudock and Sapp are the only players I can remember that did anything of note.
And obviously Beathard was better, and they gave Sapp several opportunities.

The program could probably do a better job integrating kids from different backgrounds but there aren’t many instances of Kirk sitting someone who was obviously better.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Was it Wadley or Jonathan Parker that threw a party the first week out of camp and invited every freshman girl listed in the University directory?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I guess I hadn’t heard that story. Not sure why I would have.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Was it Wadley or Jonathan Parker that threw a party the first week out of camp and invited every freshman girl listed in the University directory?
Wadley.

Then he made things worse when he threw a late-January party and sent a Facebook message inviting the entire UI class of 2017. He and a teammate were charged with having a disorderly house.

“That put me in the doghouse,” Wadley said of what he now calls a “bonehead” decision.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Actually it was both if you click the link. But FFS, they pretend like they didn’t do a single thing wrong and the coaches just hate them.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
I’m wondering about Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz though. He sounds like a huge prick.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Looks like one has already been taken down. Hopefully someone has these saved and can forward to ESPN for the "rest of the story" they fail to investigate.
Looks like people saved it. It is the one about him having to wake up at 5am to chug shakes and eat breakfast because he had wild weekends.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Maybe I am reading too much into things, but I also noticed that Akrum changed his recollection of Brian’s “rob a liquor store” comment. Initially Akrum was wearing one of those cold gear face masks that covers the entire face, but now he claims to have only been wearing a beanie.

If one didn’t know any better, one might think that Akrum was exaggerating or taking a few creative liberties with his stories in order to make the coaching staff look as bad as possible.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Brian was taking a bad cop persona to match Doyle's intensity. Since he was a previous hawkeye player, I'm guessing he was making comments and generally ripping guys like he was still one of the guys. Not realizing the look of it as an authority compared to a peer.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Brian was taking a bad cop persona to match Doyle's intensity. Since he was a previous hawkeye player, I'm guessing he was making comments and generally ripping guys like he was still one of the guys. Not realizing the look of it as an authority compared to a peer.
I get the immature meathead vibe, not racist asshole.