**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Jesus. Akrum, DJK, and Benny Sapp are three of my favorite hawks from the Ferentz era based on what they did on the field. Ol' Lee sure can pick em.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I want to see Akrum and his mother done dirty over all of this because I’m petty like that. If the Iowa sportswriters were worth their salt, they would run the other half of the story
That's a pretty fucking huge if

Reaction score
Guys who were left Iowa and did anything notable elsewhere. Am I missing anyone?

Jake Rudock - Beathard was clearly betterfor Iowa, going to play for Harbaugh was good for him though
Cody Sokol - was #3 QB behind two guys who played in NFL. Respectable numbers at Louisiana Tech.
Nic Shimonek - redshirted behind two guys who played in NFL, would have been a decent backup. Decent numbers in TT's video game offense, probably better than Stanley in 2017. If he stays Nate probably redshirts in 2016?

Benny Sapp - was a controversial one at time. Made NFL out of UNI and had a nice run. They didn't exactly struggle without him, would have been nice to push Allen or Johnson to depth for a little longer I guess
James Cleveland - kicked out for good reason. huge numbers at Houston in Sumlin/Holgerson system. Would have liked for him to stay out of trouble here, although the WRs were really good (Brodell/McNutt/DJK/Stross/Sandemann) after he left
Derrick Willies - caught some passes as like the #5/6 WR at TT, short NFL career
Dezman Moses - pretty good at Tulane and bumped around NFL for a few years as a backup/ST player. Don't remember which LB spot he played, maybe an upgrade over Tarpinian/Nielsen in 2010? Definitely wouldn't have started ahead of Edds/Hunter/Angerer in 2009.
Seems like Iowa wanted to make Moses a DE and he didn't like the idea.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious that Akrum had "maturity issues" for a good share of his time at Iowa. These comments and the bridge-burning he is doing shows that he still hasn't grown up. He takes no responsibility for any of the consequences he received at Iowa. Worse yet, he attributes it all to some sort of racist agenda. As fun as it was watching him perform on the field, it is every bit as disappointing that he didn't come away from the program with more maturity/responsibility. Many of you are attributing this to his mom. A grown man (25) allowing his mom to push him toward these statements? Sad shit

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious that Akrum had "maturity issues" for a good share of his time at Iowa. These comments and the bridge-burning he is doing shows that he still hasn't grown up. He takes no responsibility for any of the consequences he received at Iowa. Worse yet, he attributes it all to some sort of racist agenda. As fun as it was watching him perform on the field, it is every bit as disappointing that he didn't come away from the program with more maturity/responsibility. Many of you are attributing this to his mom. A grown man (25) allowing his mom to push him toward these statements? Sad shit
There is a class action suit coming and they are trying to set it up. This is why you see a steady drip of these coming out from the same source.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
There is a class action suit coming and they are trying to set it up. This is why you see a steady drip of these coming out from the same source.
I’m sort of hoping this happens so Kirk can say all the things in court he’s been to nice to say up until now.

I’d love to see Wadley’s dirt thrown on front street at this point

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The guy from whom these accusations are coming isn't a lawyer - he's just an "agent" who has his own "business". https://www.linkedin.com/in/prepostgameinc/

I'm guessing they're releasing statements like this in an effort to drum up publicity and get a lawyer to take the case. Like I've said before, however, there's nothing actionable that would stand up to scrutiny. I would be (slightly) surprised if they found an attorney willing to take them on.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
They want a settlement. Can’t imagine anyone involved in this wants to take this to court room

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
The guy from whom these accusations are coming isn't a lawyer - he's just an "agent" who has his own "business". https://www.linkedin.com/in/prepostgameinc/

I'm guessing they're releasing statements like this in an effort to drum up publicity and get a lawyer to take the case. Like I've said before, however, there's nothing actionable that would stand up to scrutiny. I would be (slightly) surprised if they found an attorney willing to take them on.
1593528706730.gif

JR Hawks

Receives State Appropriations
Reaction score
Wadley's "statement" didn't say anything that wasn't already said via tweet weeks ago. Yet it's somehow news a second time. Doyle's departure isn't enough for the cancel culture...they want KF. There is nothing to be gained by trying to appease them.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Short sighted money grab. Akrum could have fairly easily landed a nice, well paying job due to his popularity at Iowa and having Kirk Ferentz as a reference. It’s hard for kids to understand how a little bit of sacrifice now can yield huge returns in the future. Akrum clearly doesn’t get it and that’s a shame because it’s too late now, the bridges are burned

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Short sighted money grab. Akrum could have fairly easily landed a nice, well paying job due to his popularity at Iowa and having Kirk Ferentz as a reference. It’s hard for kids to understand how a little bit of sacrifice now can yield huge returns in the future. Akrum clearly doesn’t get it and that’s a shame because it’s too late now, the bridges are burned
Yep he will basically be scrubbed from the program like DJK

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Sean and David at 247 are real solid. Admittedly the bar is low

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever read The Dark Tower series? Sharonda reminds me of a slightly milder version of Detta Walker.

Last edited:

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I must have missed a graph where he compared the roster makeup to the racial makeup of the state

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If you don't look at the scale on the team captain chart it looks really bad. Then look at the scale.

Yeah, he kinda pwned himself with most of those graphs.