**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I hadn't looked through the comments on the KMM tweet from the other day, but LOL that DJK started responding to people on there and often right on top of KMM and each of them had a complete opposite narrative.

KMM's whole contention was that Erik Campbell was a great coach that desperately wanted to stay and coach his players but he wasn't given a chance and was fired.

Then DJK comes in and says multiple times that Campbell left because of the toxic environment and never wanted to stay.

It is almost like these guys might be making shit up.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Pat is incredulous that nobody else is getting punished, but then says later he doesn’t mean fired. What the hell does he mean, then? If Brian face is some sort of reprimand or increased scrutiny that is a punishment, right?

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Pat is incredulous that nobody else is getting punished, but then says later he doesn’t mean fired. What the hell does he mean, then? If Brian face is some sort of reprimand or increased scrutiny that is a punishment, right?
Too stupid to even think that through.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think it might have something to do with him and others looking stupid for acting like this was going to be some bloodbath (right up until he wrote the article about how he totally thought it wouldn't be).

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm not feeling all that kumbaya right now.

Maybe had a few of the players decided to call out their teammates when they were clearly acting in bad faith and using the moment to make absurd accusations with the knowledge that any skepticism would be labeled as 'not listening.'

But no, many made vague statements then magically lost their voices again.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Maybe had a few of the players decided to call out their teammates when they were clearly acting in bad faith and using the moment to make absurd accusations with the knowledge that any skepticism would be labeled as 'not listening.'

I am pretty sure that is because Iowa asked them not to. I know that for a fact on a couple of guys. They didn't want to make this a back and forth he said she said crap that drug out on twitter.

Iowa knew that the investigation was going to come out about like it did, Barta even said that. There were some extra lumps that didn't have to happen as you describe, but overall it wouldn't have made a positive difference if players started spouting off the opposite way.

You also would have risked it looking terrible there even happened to be more white guys than black guys saying something.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

I’m shocked you’re feeling this way.

Reaction score
Morehouse is such a little bitch, runs his mouth everywhere but in the pages of the Gazette. I think he owes us a protest resignation if his editors are muzzling him.

HawkinIC

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The ONLY reason there was anything remotely close to a conversation on Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz was because the media grandstanded with their biased questioning. Total bullshit.

3ABB1192-6DD2-4BCB-B13A-A7204E1CF8A7.png

douglasbader

Reaction score
Robert Green has like 15 posts on his facebook today about Iowa and I think maybe they have 20 total likes, most of them from the same 2 or 3 people.

He also locked down his twitter.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Some of this stuff is starting to run together a little for me, what has Brian been accused of?

I remember him disparaging a player's tattoo, which is prickish, but not evidence of racial animus.

The other incident is so egregious I kind of ignored it. I assume if he yells at a guy for doing something "only a dumb black player would do" (paraphrasing from memory) it would be recalled and corroborated by many of his teammates.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Some of this stuff is starting to run together a little for me, what has Brian been accused of?

I remember him disparaging a player's tattoo, which is prickish, but not evidence of racial animus.

The other incident is so egregious I kind of ignored it. I assume if he yells at a guy for doing something "only a dumb black player would do" (paraphrasing from memory) it would be recalled and corroborated by many of his teammates.
This is a good point, the only real things alleged are the following....

- Called a tattoo dumb
- Joked about a mask looking like Wadley was going to "rob a bank"
- Said in front of everyone "only a dumb black player would do"

The first 2 are pretty much confirmed. The last one is so stupid and made up.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
This is a good point, the only real things alleged are the following....

- Called a tattoo dumb
- Joked about a mask looking like Wadley was going to "rob a bank"
- Said in front of everyone "only a dumb black player would do"

The first 2 are pretty much confirmed. The last one is so stupid and made up.
He also kicked a trash can.

Reaction score
The media wants names named so they can point to them later like a blacklist. (see rhabdo) Always want what they can’t have but try to hide behind some “journalistic” veil as if we, as the public, always deserve to know. We don’t.