**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
It makes more sense that that dimwit watches that show and thinks it's unfair and he thinks he's waging a crusade against bully coaches. He's a real faggot.
If that's the case, there were no clarifying remarks whatsoever. Emmert went from saying Wadley claimed Ferentz had made derogatory statements about him to the press right into this quote.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Emmert in the DMReg included this as evidence of Ferentz's public statements about Wadley:

In December 2017, at a preview of Iowa’s trip to the Pinstripe Bowl, being played in New York near Wadley’s New Jersey hometown, Ferentz said: “Probably the scariest thing right now is to think that Akrum Wadley might be our tour guide during this trip. That's a little frightening to me.”

Does he think that's a serious statement? It's clearly tongue in cheek. Why do these guys have to be such fucking idiots?
lol what

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
If that's the case, there were no clarifying remarks whatsoever. Emmert went from saying Wadley claimed Ferentz had made derogatory statements about him to the press right into this quote.
I agree. He could have put that in showing how stupid it was as well. Poor writing.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Pharty calls Brian a "loud obnoxious dickhead" on his radio show today
A. Has he ever met a football coach before.
B. This is obviously personal at this point between Pharty and Brian. I don't know what the whole story is but it's clearly a personal thing at this point.

Last edited:

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
A. Has he ever met a football coach before.
B. This is obviously personal at this point between Pharty and Brian. I don't know what the whole story is but it's clearly a persoanl thing at this point.
My money is on Brian responded to a stupid question in a way that made Pharty feel stupid.

Monster

Reaction score
Again, so much of this controversy was caused and is sustained by people outside of football not understanding the culture of the sport. And I'm not talking about the racially insensitive shit from Doyle. I'm talking about the general hard talk, crude language, and above and beyond expectations. If you have played football, a few other similar sports, or been in the military, you get it. I'm sure to people who haven't been around it, it can seem shocking.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Emmert has joked that Iowa should use 10 TEs and a QB on offense. Since he doesn’t understand tongue in cheek comments I have to assume he was serious. What an idiot. That would never work.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Again, so much of this controversy was caused and is sustained by people outside of football not understanding the culture of the sport. And I'm not talking about the racially insensitive shit from Doyle. I'm talking about the general hard talk, crude language, and above and beyond expectations. If you have played football, a few other similar sports, or been in the military, you get it. I'm sure to people who haven't been around it, it can seem shocking.
I'm actually SHOCKED that the culture of a physical, violent sport would rub some of our more sensitive members of society wrong

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Pat Harry couldn’t handle it when someone made fun of his dog. Of course he isn’t going to take the outcome of this well.

Monster

Reaction score
I'm actually SHOCKED that the culture of a physical, violent sport would rub some of our more sensitive members of society wrong
When my youngest son was about 10 he volunteered to be one of the water boys for the varsity football team. At halftime of the first game he brought the little tray of water bottles into the locker room. I was standing outside because it was his first time doing it. Coach is at the white board drawing up adjustments. "We Eagled out and they fucking went inside on us, so we're gonna stay in Con. We're bad motherfuckers in Con!"

My son came out with pretty wide eyes. We don't (or didn't) swear around the kids at home so it was a shock. Told Mrs. Hamo later and she wasn't shocked as she was an athlete. Grandma, however, thought the coach should be fired.

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
Wasn't it Brian that stood up to Kirk when he was being a jackass to the media a few years back or something? Why the hate so much?

Monster

Reaction score
It's not like all of this hasn't been well-known for about 60 or 70 years (or more). There's a reason that the asshole football coach stereotype exists.
I don't think it's been THAT well known.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't think it's been THAT well known.
Really? I think most people have a pretty good idea of what happens in a lot of football locker rooms. Even people who don't pay much attention to sports have an understanding because of the stereotypes portrayed in movies and TV. It's even one of the big reasons that people dislike football...they find the aggressive, testosterone-driven nature of sport, and sometimes demeaning treatment of players to be repugnant.

Monster

Reaction score
Really? I think most people have a pretty good idea of what happens in a lot of football locker rooms. Even people who don't pay much attention to sports have an understanding because of the stereotypes portrayed in movies and TV. It's even one of the big reasons that people dislike football...they find the aggressive, testosterone-driven nature of sport, and sometimes demeaning treatment of players to be repugnant.
I think the invention of the internet has filled in the gaps.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Wasn’t that long ago that local media loved BF because he provided actual sound bites and not boring coach speak

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
The only part of this that matters, at all, is that the Iowa media is going to have an absolute shit fit if BF is the next head coach. That isn't to say he should be, but they shouldn't be limiting options.