**Official 2020 Iowa Hawkeye Football Offseason Thread**

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I get more pissed about this with each passing day. Caring about sports is meaningless and kinda dumb, but I’m gonna be legitimately a little sad when Labor Day weekend hits and we don’t have an Iowa game to watch. It’ll probably be worse once other teams are actually playing.

hawkchick79

Woke Lefty Rioter
Reaction score
I get more pissed about this with each passing day. Caring about sports is meaningless and kinda dumb, but I’m gonna be legitimately a little sad when Labor Day weekend hits and we don’t have an Iowa game to watch. It’ll probably be worse once other teams are actually playing.
Back in Black came on the radio this afternoon. Sigh.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fuck nearly everyone in the media as well. These fucking pieces of shit pushed and pushed and pushed for this. It is part of the reason that Karen Warren and the Big Ten are sort of shocked about the reaction. They listen and talk way too much to the media and I guarantee thought they were doing something most people wanted.

Now they mildly were acting like they were behind the players wanting to play, but not really. Then the last 24 hours have seen multiple articles acting like Big Ten members/players/fans need to get over it and it was a great decision.

You all wait, by the early to middle part of September and especially as we push into October and these 3 other leagues have seasons where 95% of it goes well, the same media will be writing articles of how the Big Ten rushed to the wrong decision and they should have played. I'm going to bump this post every time I see one.

THE MEDIA!!!!!!!! but fuck them for real this time. They helped so much to make this happen.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Is he the first 3 time football transfer within the BIG conference?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Also, lol that he will have to redshirt (probably) but won't lose a year and still has 2 years to play.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Thought it was known he was going to Nebrantska when he entered the portal.

He had no interest in football at Iowa and spent most of his time at the bars with his high school friends.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Thought it was known he was going to Nebrantska when he entered the portal.

He had no interest in football at Iowa and spent most of his time at the bars with his high school friends.
What?

CamelTones

Reaction score
After he entered the portal the WUW discussed it and Kluver said it sounded like he was heading to Nebrantska from what he had heard. He also said Martin didn’t really interact with his Iowa teammates that much. Most of his time was spent with his high school friends going out and he just didn’t seem too interested in being a football player at Iowa.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Martin scored a touchdown against Miami OH in his first game as a Hawkeye, which IIRC was only a few days after he was declared eligible to play. After that, I can't recall him making a single contribution.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Who names their kid Oliver? Was Ferdinand taken?
What the hell is wrong with the name Oliver?

Do you think it’s pronounced “Oh-liv-ee-aye” and is too Frenchy for you?

CamelTones

Reaction score
Martin scored a touchdown against Miami OH in his first game as a Hawkeye, which IIRC was only a few days after he was declared eligible to play. After that, I can't recall him making a single contribution.
They tried throwing a fade to him near the goal line against Michigan. It was a terrible pass.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
They tried throwing a fade to him near the goal line against Michigan. It was a terrible pass.
I had forgotten about that. Just a dogshit call with execution to match. If you even want to try that stupid play it has to be going to Brandon Smith.