**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Lee Beevers

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I mean, he advocated for him in the same interview last May/June and then played him in zero meaningful snaps last fall. I think Cooper's just a well-liked guy who they like having around.

Copeland's actions this spring say he's doing everything he can to not play Cooper. Tracy, Jones, Ragaini, Hutson, Johnson, and potentially Bruce appear to be ahead of him. He spent both spring practices standing directly behind Johnson and Bruce as they lined up so he could coach them. He also mentioned Quavon Matthews who had some nice plays in the first scrimmage.
I liked Mathews a little bit from what I saw in the spring. I think he has a chance of cracking the rotation eventually. Copeland’s eye for talent is real IMO.

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
Shocking lack of replies considering how many of you fuckers I saw at the show!!!!!! Fuck you!!!

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Copeland had some good things to say about Bruce. Said he reminds him a lot of Tyrone Tracy and then said “that’s all I’m gonna say about that, but coming in I thought that and so far he’s right on track.”

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Not really Iowa related, but I joked before that eventually players would opt out of high school and then out of college and then out of mini-camp and then out of the pre-season and then eventually we would just have players that exist as a possibility much like a sim version of NCAA/Madden.

Getting closer to this.

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
Not really Iowa related, but I joked before that eventually players would opt out of high school and then out of college and then out of mini-camp and then out of the pre-season and then eventually we would just have players that exist as a possibility much like a sim version of NCAA/Madden.

Getting closer to this.

anyone else encouraging their kids to opt out of club sports?

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
I, and most of us here, grew up on Busch Light so mixing one of those in with the DDH DIPA (Fuck you Doug!) I sneak into the stadium would be just fine.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
This type of shit kills me. Corn is used in the process of making beer because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than barley, but it also produces a (subjectively) less quality product. Here, Busch is using this as a marketing tool and the rubes in flyover will just drink it up.

HEY GUYS! We intentionally use inferior ingredients to make our product and you should drink more of it!

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
This type of shit kills me. Corn is used in the process of making beer because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than barley, but it also produces a (subjectively) less quality product. Here, Busch is using this as a marketing tool and the rubes in flyover will just drink it up.

HEY GUYS! We intentionally use inferior ingredients to make our product and you should drink more of it!
Get pissed!

Has His Own Office
Reaction score

Wait until they hear that Anheiser Busch isn't an American owned company anymore!!!

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

take a drink (preferrably of a craft beer) every time someone elite uses the "flyover" term...

Reaction score
There's a place for both cheap, light beers and craft beers in my life. They both serve their roles wonderfully. But seltzers can gtfo.

I don't need to hear anything about receivers, they're not a big factor until Iowa has a QB who doesn't shit his pants and hits open receivers. I can't even count the number of times last year where he spiked the ball at the receiver's feet. I want to hear more about how the defensive line guys are going to look. That's the Joe T key this year. Because if they're good, the defense will be filthy.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score

What's funnier is this Busch Light corn branding was launched at the same time Bud Light launched its "corn-syrup" free marketing (they use rice syrup). Both, are AB brands, obviously.

Kamala

Named after Kamala Harris
Reaction score
There's a place for both cheap, light beers and craft beers in my life. They both serve their roles wonderfully. But seltzers can gtfo.

I don't need to hear anything about receivers, they're not a big factor until Iowa has a QB who doesn't shit his pants and hits open receivers. I can't even count the number of times last year where he spiked the ball at the receiver's feet. I want to hear more about how the defensive line guys are going to look. That's the Joe T key this year. Because if they're good, the defense will be filthy.
This post. Spot on, every word.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score

Was “hey guys,” intentional? If so, awesome. If not, you really fucking walked into one, congrats.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Was “hey guys,” intentional? If so, awesome. If not, you really fucking walked into one, congrats.
Hence the capitalization. He's pretty much the poster child for the ad.

OhFFSman

Entrepreneur
Reaction score
Undefeated starting QB Jason Manson.
He may be undefeated as a starter, but that was a miserable Saturday spent in Lames when he came in for an injured Tate. He was brutal. Felt like 4 interceptions brutal but I'm too lazy too look it up.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
He may be undefeated as a starter, but that was a miserable Saturday spent in Lames when he came in for an injured Tate. He was brutal. Felt like 4 interceptions brutal but I'm too lazy too look it up.
Quarterback wins and losses are the most important stat in football.

Manson's career losses as a starter = big fat 0.