**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I have no faith that Jack Plumb will be good and I don’t know why.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Have it on solid word that Spence is gonna make a lotta y’all look like fools.
The other solids I got are..,Dane Belton stud, Jack Campbell…enjoy his one full season.
Oh, the two fr WRs , Bruce & Johnson…both will contribute
Lol, what a turd of a triple post.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, in any of those posts isn't public knowledge and has been for a long time other than the Petras conjecture.

No shit Belton is a stud, he has been for the last year. No shit Jack Campbell is a stud, there was just a glowing article from a national sports writer about him. No shit Bruce and Johnson are both going to contribute. Every coach and reporter covered this in spring ball.

Try to give at least something with the appearance of INSIDER!! info next time. Perhaps mix in something off the radar to make it good.

Lee Beevers

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Lol, what a turd of a triple post.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, in any of those posts isn't public knowledge and has been for a long time other than the Petras conjecture.

No shit Belton is a stud, he has been for the last year. No shit Jack Campbell is a stud, there was just a glowing article from a national sports writer about him. No shit Bruce and Johnson are both going to contribute. Every coach and reporter covered this in spring ball.

Try to give at least something with the appearance of INSIDER!! info next time. Perhaps mix in something off the radar to make it good.
to be fair, while the talent is there, I still didn’t think Belton had any idea what he was doing really last season. I do think it’s possible he bounces with a good season as the talent is obvious.

douglasbader

Reaction score
to be fair, while the talent is there, I still didn’t think Belton had any idea what he was doing really last season. I do think it’s possible he bounces with a good season as the talent is obvious.
Are you talking about 2019 or 2020? Belton was great last year. It was 2019 that he was clearly talented but didn't know what he was doing.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Belton made HM for both the coaches and media as a true sophomore. He was really good last year.

Reactions: BBK

Lee Beevers

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Are you talking about 2019 or 2020? Belton was great last year. It was 2019 that he was clearly talented but didn't know what he was doing.
im talking about last year. The talent is there of course, but as far as knowing what he was doing I’m not so sure. Then again, I’m a huge dipshit so there’s that. I still think Dane has a really nice season and probably explores going to the league. Can’t duplicate the measurables and the instincts.

douglasbader

Reaction score
im talking about last year. The talent is there of course, but as far as knowing what he was doing I’m not so sure. Then again, I’m a huge dipshit so there’s that. I still think Dane has a really nice season and probably explores going to the league. Can’t duplicate the measurables and the instincts.
Belton made HM for both the coaches and media as a true sophomore. He was really good last year.

Lee Beevers

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that douche coaches and douche media know more than I? I don’t know about that, Douglas

Reaction score
Yes- as much as I pray to baby Jesus to be true- I will be waiting until the bullets are flying to assess.
This. The reports from camp last year were probably as glowing as we’ve ever seen on an Iowa QB. But when it came to game speed, it just wasn’t there.

while it’s absolutely possible he makes a big leap, the game slows down for him, etc….I think you’d be silly to think there is a BETTER chance of that being true than it simply being a repeat of last year where he looks all-world when he doesn’t face the possibility of getting his head taken off during a play

Gushawk

DGAFIAP
Reaction score
I don’t believe in Spencer, but I choose to hope he is ok. We’ll know right away if he still sucks, and if he does the West will still be there if Kirk pulls the trigger on a change.

Reaction score
I don’t believe in Spencer, but I choose to hope he is ok. We’ll know right away if he still sucks, and if he does the West will still be there if Kirk pulls the trigger on a change.
There is this really strange subset of fans that thinks people WANT him to suck. As if there are Iowa fans that would actually be pissed if he went out and put up an ALL-B10 performance. It’s weird

Gushawk

DGAFIAP
Reaction score
And it’s not exactly like we’ve got a guy like Brad Banks or CJ Beathard rotting behind him on the bench. He’s probably shitty but also probably our best shot. More glimpses of hope than Jake C gave us with less behind him in the wings.

Reaction score
There is this really strange subset of fans that thinks people WANT him to suck. As if there are Iowa fans that would actually be pissed if he went out and put up an ALL-B10 performance. It’s weird
That type of fan certainly exists, for instance there were fans more happy to bitch about Iowa losing in the second round than had Iowa won. But I don't really see that with Petras, not yet at least.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
Let's be honest here, there isn't anybody that is (reasonably) thinking Petras is going to be all Big Ten. In all actuality, we don't need him to be. If he's even slightly serviceable, just slightly above average we've got a team around him that can challenge for the West.

And that's my goal every year, win the West. After that, everything is icing on the cake.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Let's be honest here, there isn't anybody that is (reasonably) thinking Petras is going to be all Big Ten. In all actuality, we don't need him to be. If he's even slightly serviceable, just slightly above average we've got a team around him that can challenge for the West.

And that's my goal every year, win the West. After that, everything is icing on the cake.
Bring it in, Pedro. And stick your penus in my man vagina. GO HAWKS

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score

Loser

Gushawk

DGAFIAP
Reaction score
He had a real nice half vs a shitty Illinois team and was noticeably less shitty than his opponent’s QB vs Wisconsin. That said, I admittedly thought Mertz was a ton better than him going into that game.

L. Wade Childress

The Spencer Petras of HALO
Reaction score
He was objectively terrible all season. He was “better,” in the sense it’s better to only shit on the rug three times a day than 10, at least for my boxer who’s sick.
Iowa was objectively terrible in Kirk’s first two seasons.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
no. We sucked but you could see the positive trend and people were pretty excited heading into 2001.
Wasn’t that the Aiello/Beutjer cable bill off-season? I saw that as a serious red flag about the team and coaching staff. I was horribly and terribly wrong, of course - and this is super anecdotal to boot - but I remember the people in our little section of Kinnick feeling the same way.

L. Wade Childress

The Spencer Petras of HALO
Reaction score
Wasn’t that the Aiello/Beutjer cable bill off-season? I saw that as a serious red flag about the team and coaching staff. I was horribly and terribly wrong, of course - and this is super anecdotal to boot - but I remember the people in our little section of Kinnick feeling the same way.
have you thought about not sitting with idiots?

Reaction score
It was. A picture of either was on all the season tickets.