**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Reaction score
Don't know his specific affliction but has some issues. But is well known and liked by team members and present for most football activities.

Reaction score

I didn't know if this had been confirmed but it looks like Schulte is also done.

Reaction score
Interesting that Morehouse goes from telling Vox that KF is a known racist with a phony Grandpa mage to liking MAX's tweet calling these former players babies in a span of 9 months. Marc must be really desperate for a job.
Good. Fuck him and the terrible job he did. He should be ashamed at what a lazy POS he has become.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Interesting that Morehouse goes from telling Vox that KF is a known racist with a phony Grandpa mage to liking MAX's tweet calling these former players babies in a span of 9 months. Marc must be really desperate for a job.
Marc is a strange dude

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
I think it is sort of clear that Marc is still greatly affected by his dad and brother passing. It all seems to trace back to that where he started not giving a fuck.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Hopefully Logan Lee is ready. Would be nice if someone like Reames or McCall emerged as a contributor at end. They’re frames are similar to what Anthony Nelson was/is. Similarly hope someone like Karchinski could give them some snaps.

Reaction score
Hopefully Logan Lee is ready. Would be nice if someone like Reames or McCall emerged as a contributor at end. They’re frames are similar to what Anthony Nelson was/is. Similarly hope someone like Karchinski could give them some snaps.
McCall shouldn't be counted on for anything. He sat out last season and is razor thin.

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
I think it is sort of clear that Marc is still greatly affected by his dad and brother passing. It all seems to trace back to that where he started not giving a fuck.
personally, I think we should judge him a bit more on this board.

L. Wade Childress

Reaction score
reames is no Nelson. Sorry.

thrawn

Reaction score
If anything it’s less dumb in the NFL, where you don’t have the academic/political side of the institute to consider.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
My buddy Jess has been an assistant strength coach in Jacksonville for a long time, I just hope he gets to keep his job.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Doyle's mistake was thinking he was close enough to the players to make jokes acceptable among friends. Kirk's mistake was making Doyle untouchable.

The only good to come out of the whole deal was the clearing of the way for Campbell to start.

L. Wade Childress

Reaction score
Doyle's mistake was thinking he was close enough to the players to make jokes acceptable among friends. Kirk's mistake was making Doyle untouchable.

The only good to come out of the whole deal was the clearing of the way for Campbell to start.
“Only good”? Doubtful

right or wrong, perception is reality in recruiting. The main challenge is how long Kirk plans to stay.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
So is it their opinion that Doyle should never get another job?
Yes

Shouldn't we be encouraging Doyle to become a better person and giving him a second chance?
Yes, but the intent of people like this is not to make the world a better place, it’s to prove to everybody that they are more enlightened and therefore superior humans than the rest of us.

The irony being that Chris Doyle, likely an asshole and definitely racially insensitive, has changed more lives for the better in his career than all of these people combined could even dream of.

Reaction score
Given that he's a named defendant in a multi-million dollar lawsuit, it's probably not a good time to do so.
Fair. But in June he issued a statement claiming, “At no time have I ever crossed the line of unethical behavior or bias based on upon race. I do not make racist comments and I don't tolerate people who do."

That doesn’t sound like someone who truly grasps the impact of his actions, if the allegations are true.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
My buddy Jess has been an assistant strength coach in Jacksonville for a long time, I just hope he gets to keep his job.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Fair. But in June he issued a statement claiming, “At no time have I ever crossed the line of unethical behavior or bias based on upon race. I do not make racist comments and I don't tolerate people who do."

That doesn’t sound like someone who truly grasps the impact of his actions, if the allegations are true.
That's the sticking point. I have to look at the allegations again, but I believe the truly racist stuff is one player making the allegation with no corroboration. If it didn't happen, why should Doyle apologize and admit to something he didn't do?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
That's the sticking point. I have to look at the allegations again, but I believe the truly racist stuff is one player making the allegation with no corroboration. If it didn't happen, why should Doyle apologize and admit to something he didn't do?
And I was fine with removing him from the program. The program couldn't allow this be dragged out and needed to move on.

Reaction score
That’s not accurate. A brief google search showed Morrow, Spearman, Rugamba, Hooker, Pryor and Ekakitie making comments specifically about Doyle. There may be others, but those were the ones I was able to find quickly.

Reaction score
I’ll add that I’m not saying Doyle shouldn’t be hired, because for all I know, he may have privately expressed genuine remorse and vowed to change his ways.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
That’s not accurate. A brief google search showed Morrow, Spearman, Rugamba, Hooker, Pryor and Ekakitie making comments specifically about Doyle. There may be others, but those were the ones I was able to find quickly.
I mean there are two sides to those claims. You basically had a bunch of black players calling him racist (most of them by guys who may have had an axe to grind) and a bunch of others saying he was an asshole to everyone, said inappropriate things, but probably isn’t racist. Ultimately, whether he is or isn’t, the culture he created was fucked and he made black players feel like they weren’t valued.

Kirk put Doyle in a position of unquestioned power and he became too comfortable both with the position and thought he could say insensitive things to players - perhaps because despite the poor culture he was damn good at development. He deserved to be fired but he also deserves to have another chance. I can’t imagine he is going to have issues because I’m sure he learned some lessons and more importantly he won’t ever have the power he had at Iowa.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I mean there are two sides to those claims. You basically had a bunch of black players calling him racist (most of them by guys who may have had an axe to grind) and a bunch of others saying he was an asshole to everyone, said inappropriate things, but probably isn’t racist. Ultimately, whether he is or isn’t, the culture he created was fucked and he made black players feel like they weren’t valued.

Kirk put Doyle in a position of unquestioned power and he became too comfortable both with the position and thought he could say insensitive things to players - perhaps because despite the poor culture he was damn good at development. He deserved to be fired but he also deserves to have another chance. I can’t imagine he is going to have issues because I’m sure he learned some lessons and more importantly he won’t ever have the power he had at Iowa.
His new role should be a great place for him for these reasons.

Reaction score
They had their individual issues but other than maybe Rugamba's I think, I don't think anyone else came forward and said that they saw it happen. I might be wrong though

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Kareem Hunt is still in the NFL. Urban knows the Doyle story goes away by Monday.
Kareem Hunt, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill are all making a shitload of money.

It won't even be a story tomorrow, let alone after the weekend.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

While this is true, this is mostly a manifestation of NCAA rules, not of any kind of overt anointing by Kirk.