**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Are you under the impression that he can actually talk about anything that happened at Iowa? It seems you might be unaware he isn't legally allowed to say anything publicly about it.

Even beyond that, your entire premise relies on the thinking that this is about some arbitrary time frame and once some undetermined acceptable time frame is reached then people would be ok with him getting a job.

It is very very clear that would never be the case. The people like yourself would be crying and demanding his job if this happened after 8 months or 5 years.
We'll see if he's working at a similar profile job between now and 5 years from now. I think he will be, and if in that time he's taken any responsibility for his actions and made changes publicly in the same manner as his denial I'll be on the side of whomever hires him, as I believe in redemption and love a good comeback story.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I think one also needs to consider how his past and current reputation would inhibit his ability to do his job, especially in the NFL where he would be coaching confident, adult men who make more $ than he does. Knowing what he was accused of at Iowa, I wonder if any current Black Jaguars players contacted ownership/management to tell them not to hire him. If I put myself in their shoes, I would be pretty pissed if a guy with his history was hired.
NFL strength coaching is a completely different animal from college. He wouldn’t be trying to take a 195 pound 18 year old and turn them into a 235 pound linebacker. NFL guys wouldn’t be going for PRs, they would be working out to maintain their current levels and try to avoid injuries.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
We'll see if he's working at a similar profile job between now and 5 years from now. I think he will be, and if in that time he's taken any responsibility for his actions and made changes publicly in the same manner as his denial I'll be on the side of whomever hires him, as I believe in redemption and love a good comeback story.
Alan will be ok with Chris having a job again when he gets his public pound of flesh.

Because some scripted, press release apology is really going to make a big difference in this entire situation.

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s weird to see Purdue ranked in a random old season that isn’t the a Brees or Orton (more on the defense) team. Same thing with Illinois.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It’s weird to see Purdue ranked in a random old season that isn’t the a Brees or Orton (more on the defense) team. Same thing with Illinois.
It technically was a Brees team

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
It's not everyday you get to drop a movie line from your own avatar character. Well done.
Haha. I thought the same thing. I probably told this story but one of my friends is/was a Marine and was stationed at El Toro a million years ago. I would sometimes call him at work because I knew some young Marine whose never seen Stripes would answer. I would identify myself as Sergeant Hulka and leave dumb messages like "tell Captain ____ that the lockerbox inspection has been switched to 0500." Then the confused Marine would go into some room with other officers and repeat the message to their amusement. Yes, it's a dumb story but I always think of it when I see the sergeanthulka handle.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Haha. I thought the same thing. I probably told this story but one of my friends is/was a Marine and was stationed at El Toro a million years ago. I would sometimes call him at work because I knew some young Marine whose never seen Stripes would answer. I would identify myself as Sergeant Hulka and leave dumb messages like "tell Captain ____ that the lockerbox inspection has been switched to 0500." Then the confused Marine would go into some room with other officers and repeat the message to their amusement. Yes, it's a dumb story but I always think of it when I see the sergeanthulka handle.
One time at work we had some consultants (of the fresh out of college early 20s variety) giving us a presentation. The guy tried to pull his presentation up on the screen and he was having some sort of problem where the resolution was off and his screen was super tiny and presented to only like the middle 10% of the screen.

I angrily said, "What is this, a presentation for ANTS?!" and the poor kid looked at me like I was insane.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
One time at work we had some consultants (of the fresh out of college early 20s variety) giving us a presentation. The guy tried to pull his presentation up on the screen and he was having some sort of problem where the resolution was off and his screen was super tiny and presented to only like the middle 10% of the screen.

I angrily said, "What is this, a presentation for ANTS?!" and the poor kid looked at me like I was insane.
Did he not understand that his presentation screen was small and that ants likewise are also a small creature for which the screen would be appropriately sized for?

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

I’m on average 15-20 years older than most of the clients I’m working with. It is a near weekly occurrence at this point to use a movie quote that leaves half the room staring blankly. We’ve gotten “old” fast

thrawn

Reaction score
I’m on average 15-20 years older than most of the clients I’m working with. It is a near weekly occurrence at this point to use a movie quote that leaves half the room staring blankly. We’ve gotten “old” fast
it doesn’t help when you ask your clients if they’ve seen that “talkie”

CamelTones

Reaction score
I forgot they have 2 coaching positions to fill. A little surprised there hasn’t been anyone rumored for either spot.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Someone tell HaLo who Iowa is interviewing for the OL job according to Kakert.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Either Joe Tripodi (Temple OL coach) or Matt Drinkall (Army TE coach), sounds like.

Most of the smoke is around Tripodi, but word is that Reese Morgan and others want to give Drinkall a look.

Halo subscriptions have to count for something...

CamelTones

Reaction score
Tripodi is another guy that has spent a good portion of his career at NIU. Copeland and Niemann probably recommended him.

Reaction score
Drinkall is originally from IA, and has a lot of ties here FWIW. I think he was a student manager at IA for a year or two b4 finishing at a small school.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Reading both of their bios, both would be really solid hires but I think I prefer Drinkall.

thrawn

Reaction score
Reading both of their bios, both would be really solid hires but I think I prefer Drinkall.
Tripodi seems fine/solid and very conventional (which is fine). Drinkall seems like he might have a higher ceiling as a hire just by maybe bringing some different stuff schematically.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That's the backup RB transfer portal guy right? Maybe he'll stay

CamelTones

Reaction score
Was just hired at Tulane in December.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Lol Tulane just pasted his resume (Miami to “present”)

He seems fine. Tulane’s logo rules.
It would appear he needed 5 years to obtain a Physical Education degree. My math could be off.