**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
At least the last two games of the season there were a few moments where his pants were not filled with shit. 2nd half of the Illinois game, 3rd quarter I think of the Wisconsin game.

it’s not good enough or anything, but he was solidly awful for the first 6 games so it was a step forward.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
My dislike for him is rooted in the fact that at programs like Iowa, there are really very few opportunities for truly special seasons. Last year could have been one of those. It wasn’t, because he’s a fucking spaz. I hope he improves...I REALLY hope he improves, because I think we’re stuck with him...but I will always hold “what could have been in 2020” against him

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
At least the last two games of the season there were a few moments where his pants were not filled with shit. 2nd half of the Illinois game, 3rd quarter I think of the Wisconsin game.

it’s not good enough or anything, but he was solidly awful for the first 6 games so it was a step forward.
There definitely would have been a handful more of not awful throws sprinkled in there if he had spring practice.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
He was shitting his pants last year and there weren't any fans in opposing stadiums. 60k+ at Jack Trice for his first true road game has all the makings of a disaster.

I'm fine giving him the start of the season. Let him go through spring practice and then fall practice. If early in the season he is showing no progress you have to be ready to make a change (this of course assumes there is someone better than him).

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
My dislike for him is rooted in the fact that at programs like Iowa, there are really very few opportunities for truly special seasons. Last year could have been one of those. It wasn’t, because he’s a fucking spaz. I hope he improves...I REALLY hope he improves, because I think we’re stuck with him...but I will always hold “what could have been in 2020” against him
The good thing is that other than Cyclone fans and maybe Alabama fans, nobody in then world will give a shit about the 2020 season or take it seriously because of the pandemic. 95% of college fans have already forgotten about it completely.

My issue with Petras is that unless he massively improves we are stuck with him for 2 more years. He either needs to get pretty damn good or he has to suck balls and get replaced.

The worst case scenario for Iowa is that he improves just enough to keep his job but not enough to make a difference.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
I’m curious what Kirk will have to say at the end of spring ball. If it’s still all Spencer and nothing about the other guys they must all suck tremendously.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Losing to NW wasn't on Petras, imo. We got outplayed on the LOS & our all-timers @ WR couldn't get any separation.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Jesus you guys are faggots- after 2 close games they should of won the Hawks rolled off 6 wins-avg about 30 pts. Would have rubbed their nutsacks all over Michigan and Missouri to finish 8-2 ranked at or above #15 in the nation.

Petras looked like a first year starter without much spring ball and was baaaad in large stretches but get a grip.

thrawn

Reaction score
Can someone make the 360 spin/pick v Nebrantska into a gif for easy access? TIA.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
2020 could have been special and no one would have given a shit. It was mostly a joke of a season. Wisconsin played 5 games. Michigan just ended up quitting. The Big Ten changed their rules, then changed them again so Ohio State could get in the playoff. Players opted out, then opted back in only to opt back out once it was obvious their team sucked. The whole thing was a glorified exhibition season.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Jesus you guys are faggots- after 2 close games they should of won the Hawks rolled off 6 wins-avg about 30 pts. Would have rubbed their nutsacks all over Michigan and Missouri to finish 8-2 ranked at or above #15 in the nation.

Petras looked like a first year starter without much spring ball and was baaaad in large stretches but get a grip.
He was statistically the worst P5 QB in the country other than the 17 year old Kansas kid. A bottom 5 overall QB in all of college FB and the worst QB by far in the Big Ten, a league that started a platinum blonde retard at Michigan State.

This isn't Halo guy making shit up. He was fucking terrible by the numbers and those 6 wins were due to a stud defense, not Spencer fucking Petras.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I'm not saying it was because of Spencer Fucking Petras, Doug.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Chippy in here.

Petras sucks. Also has no dick or balls as demonstrated by The Dad’s recent zoomed in pic.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm not saying it was because of Spencer Fucking Petras, Doug.
I mean, it's also because those 6 wins were against really shitty teams. Wisconsin was the best win at 4-3. Every other team they beat had a losing record. Iowa lost to a Purdue team that went 2-4.

Michigan and Missouri were also shitty and beating them would have meant nothing.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I mean, it's also because those 6 wins were against really shitty teams. Wisconsin was the best win at 4-3. Every other team they beat had a losing record. Iowa lost to a Purdue team that went 2-4.

Michigan and Missouri were also shitty and beating them would have meant nothing.
Ok fiiine, Petras sucks, our back-up QBs suck, our WR's suck, our DL/DE's probably will suck.....

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The defense is going to be good at a minimum. The offense is going to be at least as good as the 2017 unit. I will choose to remain settled down and optimistic.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
He was statistically the worst P5 QB in the country other than the 17 year old Kansas kid. A bottom 5 overall QB in all of college FB and the worst QB by far in the Big Ten, a league that started a platinum blonde retard at Michigan State.

This isn't Halo guy making shit up. He was fucking terrible by the numbers and those 6 wins were due to a stud defense, not Spencer fucking Petras.
Just to be clear, all those other schools had spring ball to really iron out the wrinkles.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Chippy in here.

Petras sucks. Also has no dick or balls as demonstrated by The Dad’s recent zoomed in pic.
Kirk outed the kid, not me.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Yeah, its just a coincidence that every team IOWA played this year was really shitty
I wasn't taking a shot at you, buddy. I am not a fan of nervous pussies playing the quarterback position.

thrawn

Reaction score
Don't know why you're doing this to yourself but here you go:

With sound if you want it:
To win internet arguments

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
That's all I'd need to see as a coach to bench that kid forever.
I feel bad for every other Iowa player involved in that. Can you imagine being one of those linemen, busting your ass and giving him that pocket only to have him panic like that?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The Wisconsin game where his first read wasn’t there and he just chucked it to the sideline was actually worse than that play. He gave the play 1 second and threw it to the side of the field that didn’t have a single player on it then looked flummoxed when he got called for intentional grounding.