**Official 2021 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
We always stay at a coralville hotel and ride the train into the game. Not at all sure how best to get to the game now.
You could drive to a parking lot closer, then park there and walk.
Or you could stay downtown and walk from there.
Or you could still stay in Coralville and Uber.
Or you could park somewhere that has bus service to Kinnick.
Hope that helps.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
I watched the 60 minute replay of the2018 Iowa Nebrantska game on BTN in the middle of the night last night. Stanley pooped his pants a lot.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
If Petras can find a way to throw 10 TD passes this year, we may be decent

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
It's kind of crazy that their are basically 5 starting DBs and Xavior Williams is likely not going to be one of them.
Xavior may have completely screwed himself if he doesn't get a starting spot. He was already going to get NFL looks if he just stayed at UNI.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

None of these guys are in the Top 6 DBs. I don't know if there is a superstar in the group, but this is one of the deepest DB groups in my memory.
The guy all the fans wanted to be a starter, Brent’s left because he had no clear path to a starting spot, though he likely didn’t know Hankins was coming back.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
247 has a free recap of today’s comments. Sounds like Jestin Jacobs has also taken a significant step forward.
Friend of mine has done some direct work with him recently and had very positive things to say about him as a person. Will be rooting for him

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
So did the lawsuit disappear or is it still floating out there?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Honestly I tend to be nostalgic towards railroads (both my grandpa and dad worked on the railroad so I was always fascinated as a kid) but the Hawkeye Express was fucking awesome.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe it only averaged around 3k fans per game. I can see why they are shutting it down if it was that low.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe it only averaged around 3k fans per game. I can see why they are shutting it down if it was that low.
I rode it once. Getting to the game was very easy and fast. Getting back to Coralville was another story. I'm pretty sure we had to wait in line for close to an hour to board. Not great.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I would typically jump on the first train with my kids and a cooler and ride back and forth until game time. They like trains and I like coolers.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
SIAP, but KOK says there is a true quarterback competition. I want to believe.

“Yeah, it’s all right, I've had my fair share of experience watching Nate (Stanley) deal with it ,” Petras said. “No offense to the fans, but I could (not) care less about what they have to say about our performance. I’m focused on improving and having a great spring.”

:icon_lol:

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I’ve said it before but any fan rooting for Petras to lose the job would be sorely disappointed if it actually happened. Padilla appears to have a noodleish arm and isn’t much more mobile. Deuce is apparently not even close.

Best case scenario is for Petras to improve. He seems to have by far the best arm and KOK said his knowledge of the offense is as good as any QB he has had. I think the ceiling is higher with Petras and hopefully having spring and fall ball helps out a lot.